Who Remembers

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals 38-0 beating of the Cowboys on monday night in 1970...lol although the Cards ALWAYS played Dallas tough back in our old NFL Eastern Division days this was really a shock...let's do it again
Turn out the lights, the party’s over. Dandy Don Meredith was feeling really blue.

OP
OP
L

lester

Rookie
Reaction score
To this day it's the 2nd worst defeat In Cowboy history..1st being Bears beating them 44-0 in their SB year

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
3 of my favorite Cardinal wins came vs Dalls ..1st the 38-0 game..2nd OJ Anderson's 1st game as a Cardinal when he ran all thru Dallas..and 3rd the Jake Plummer led victory over Dallas at Texas Stadium...ahhh the memories

I remember all of those great wins. Ottis Anderson was one hell of good back in his prime. He came to the Cardinals along with Theotis Brown at fullback and they had a radio show in St. Louis called "The Ottis and Theotis" show. Unfortunately, Theotis Brown sucked and didn't last too long with the Cards. Meanwhile, OJ Anderson was eventually traded to the Giants after he developed a bad habit of avoiding hits and running out of bounds after being counseled by another player to to protect himself and extend his career.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I was two so I didn’t see it

how does it compare to knocking Dallas out of the playoffs in 88 and causing them to go on a ten year playoff drought?

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah what a game. I was 11 and watched it with my Dad on TV. It was in Dallas and the Cardinals ran for over 240 yards with 4 TD's. Johnny Roland had 2 TD and a punt return TD.

long_season

Veteran
Reaction score
I was not even a twinkle. Plummer wild card game was best for me. Worst was dec 25th at asu stadium 35 to 0 at half Dallas. I was at stadium... don't remember much after half. Bought a sweater at team shop cause I was freezing. Don't remember leaving. All I wanted for Xmas was a card win

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
3 of my favorite Cardinal wins came vs Dalls ..1st the 38-0 game..2nd OJ Anderson's 1st game as a Cardinal when he ran all thru Dallas..and 3rd the Jake Plummer led victory over Dallas at Texas Stadium...ahhh the memories

That Plummer win was awesome.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Cardinals 38-0 beating of the Cowboys on monday night in 1970...lol although the Cards ALWAYS played Dallas tough back in our old NFL Eastern Division days this was really a shock...let's do it again

6 years later, I was born. Loved to see it though. Need to see if I can find it on YT.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That Plummer win was awesome.
I was in middle school in Vegas at the time, and an older guy was yelling at my dad and I in our neighborhood park about how the Cards had no chance. My dad's a skins fan, so I just had to tell this guy how much I believed in my team. It was awesome when we won. We built on that years later, but damn.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember the 38-0 thumping very well. I was 12 & I still remember my Dad talking my Mom into letting me stay up for the whole game. I remember wearing brown corduroy pants for that game & I then wore the same outfit for every game that year. That ‘70 team was pretty damn good. If the Coryell years had the 1970 defense, they would have been really good. The ‘70 team had 3 consecutive shutouts that year: 44-0 over Oilers, 31-0 over Patriots, and then the 38-0 thrashing of the Cowboys. We then tied a very good Chiefs team 6-6. And that game was in KC. So we didn’t give a TD in 4 straight games. Unfortunately, they lost their last 3 games of the season & just missed the playoffs. Bidwill was so pissed, he fired Charley Winner after the season. As usual, a stupid move by BB. We then sucked until Coryell was hired in 73.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose