• Dan Marino

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Dan Fouts

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Ryan "I can buy and sell all of you!" Leaf

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Dan McGuire

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Screw Leftwich and draft Suggs fat-man!

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I hate to admit this, but he seems to be cut out of the "Dan Marino" mold...I hope someone else drafts him so we can't look back and say we shouldn't have drafted Suggs...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigdaddy_redbird
You forgot...A more athletic Drew Bledsoe:thumbup:

Bledsoe is the guy he reminds me of the most. Sort of Doug Williams maybe but to be honest that's largely because of race, Williams was more mobile and not as pure a passer but similar size and rocket arm.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Leftwich lack of mobility makes me wonder if he can avoid the hits in the NFL.Add the lingering leg injury and it throws up a red flag for me.All that being said i think IF he can stay healthy he can be a fine QB.Seems like most of the top players all have a red flag about something or other.

OP
OP
Cardinals.Ken

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by BW52
Leftwich lack of mobility makes me wonder if he can avoid the hits in the NFL.Add the lingering leg injury and it throws up a red flag for me.All that being said i think IF he can stay healthy he can be a fine QB.Seems like most of the top players all have a red flag about something or other.

I see our line providing enough protection for Leftwich, coupled with a legit running attack offsetting much of the "run for your life" style we've been used to in recent years.

Just how quick is Leftwich's release?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
not marino quick.

but he's got a CANNON!

and you can't say he's either small or slow for his position. he's big and maybe just a tad below average in speed for his position. not like a certain DE who is both small (248lbs) and slow (4.9) for his position . . . HAVE AT IT!!!

WAHOOOOWHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
I see our line providing enough protection for Leftwich, coupled with a legit running attack offsetting much of the "run for your life" style we've been used to in recent years.

Just how quick is Leftwich's release?

He has a very good release.

Another point that many have overlooked, is the fact that he won't be blitzed like Jake was. Teams would blitz Jake like crazy because he didn't have the strength or the accuracy needed to beat the blitz. Leftwich will make teams pay for blitzing him.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think like Dante Fouts. Hell of a leader but has about as much mobility as Piestewa Peak. :rolleyes:

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doug Williams:

Why? Call it a premonition. Call it fate. A couple of weeks ago my wife and my son were traveling through Alabama, stopped at a Cracker Barrel just outside Birmingham and sat right next to Doug Williams. I talked quite bit with him and he was tickled pink that someone recognized him. That guy is one big son of a gun, just like Leftwich. I asked him what he thought of Leftwich and he just responded- great arm, great kid.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey, I'm tired of all these 'he's too slow to avoid the rush' bs arguments. There have been hundreds of successful QBs that couldn't run away from the blitz. They're called pocket passers. Gee, Dan Marino was really horrible because he couldn't avoid the blitz, right? No, wait, he was one of the best QBs EVER! Just because it isn't 'in vogue' right now to be a pocket passer won't necessarily make him a failure.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Hey, I'm tired of all these 'he's too slow to avoid the rush' bs arguments. There have been hundreds of successful QBs that couldn't run away from the blitz. They're called pocket passers. Gee, Dan Marino was really horrible because he couldn't avoid the blitz, right? No, wait, he was one of the best QBs EVER! Just because it isn't 'in vogue' right now to be a pocket passer won't necessarily make him a failure.

Who gives a Sh#t if its "in vogue" right now.I think its just voicing a legitimate concern about his lingering injury and lack of mobility.The guy has a tremendous arm and quick release and is a leader.The point is that NOBODY among the top players is perfect.Every one has some flaw or another.:thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by BW52
Who gives a Sh#t if its "in vogue" right now.I think its just voicing a legitimate concern about his lingering injury and lack of mobility.The guy has a tremendous arm and quick release and is a leader.The point is that NOBODY among the top players is perfect.Every one has some flaw or another.:thumbup:

I would think that you would know that his lack of mobility wasn't much of an issue after you watched him avoid Louisville's blitz and make Dave Ragone look like a future NFL practice squader.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
I would think that you would know that his lack of mobility wasn't much of an issue after you watched him avoid Louisville's blitz and make Dave Ragone look like a future NFL practice squader.

Hey most everybody avoided Louisville`s blitzes this past season.:thumbup:

Dave Ragone is a hell of a lot better player than he showed this past season.:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard