Who Do You Want the Cardinals to Take in Round Two?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Trade up to get Nik Bonitto!!! Probably in the 38-40 range.

The kid is flat out nasty, quick & could be an absolute terror at OLB.

Cam Thomas would probably take a trade up slightly higher. Either guy would be great additions. He sure does look like a JJ Watt clone. Hmmm

Last edited:

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
There hopefully is a team with a higher 2nd or very high 3rd who would be happier with 2 later R3 picks. We really only need to get 2 more "good" players now: OG and sack artist. I suppose the sack artist will be harder to find, so may be who we spend our 2nd pick on. Here is who probably goes in R2. I am not a big fan of Thomas or Jackson. They appear to be one trick ponies.

David Ojabo (So., Michigan, 6-4, 250)

After redshirting, Ojabo only played 26 snaps for the Wolverines before his sophomore year. He was a revelation last season with 11 sacks and five forced fumbles. He was a lock to be a first-rounder before rupturing his Achilles at his pro day. Projected: Rounds 2-3

Josh Paschal (Sr., Kentucky, 6-2, 268)

Paschal is a strong, powerful edge defender who is an asset against the run, but can slide inside on passing downs to help disrupt the pocket. He’s also a cancer survivor and three-time captain for the Wildcats. Projected: Round 3

DeAngelo Malone (Sr., Western Kentucky, 6-3, 243)

Malone is quick and explosive off the snap. The two-time Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year produced nine sacks and four forced fumbles in 2021. He was named game MVP of the American team at the Senior Bowl. Projected: Round 3

Arnold Ebiketie (Sr., Penn St., 6-2, 250)

Ebiketie excels at converting speed to power when rushing the passer. He’s more technician than elite athlete though. His all-around production in 2021 was impressive — 62 tackles (18 for loss), 9 1/2 sacks, two forced fumbles and two blocked field goals. Projected: Rounds 1-2

Nik Bonitto (Jr., Oklahoma, 6-3, 248)

Bonitto is slightly undersized for an edge defender, but he’s a dynamic pass rusher and relentless in his pursuit of running backs. He’s capable in coverage as well. Projected: Rounds 2-3

BONUS. Boye Mafe (Sr., Minnesota, 6-3, 261)

Mafe’s immense pass-rush repertoire was on display in Mobile, Ala. during Senior Bowl week. He’s tenacious off the line. He’s an inconsistent edge-setter who needs more seasoning as a run defender. Projected: Rounds 1-2

Drake Jackson (Jr., USC, 6-3, 273)

Jackson can play in space or rush the passer off the edge. He has another level that could be unlocked with NFL weight training and coaching. Projected: Rounds 2-3

Cameron Thomas (Jr., San Diego St., 6-4, 267)

Thomas was the most dominant pass rusher in college football this side of Ann Arbor in 2021. He racked up an FBS-leading 77 pressures this season, according to Pro Football Focus. He was sidelined for the Senior Bowl and NFL combine because of a left hamstring injury. Projected: Rounds 2-3

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There hopefully is a team with a higher 2nd or very high 3rd who would be happier with 2 later R3 picks. We really only need to get 2 more "good" players now: OG and sack artist. I suppose the sack artist will be harder to find, so may be who we spend our 2nd pick on. Here is who probably goes in R2. I am not a big fan of Thomas or Jackson. They appear to be one trick ponies.

David Ojabo (So., Michigan, 6-4, 250)

After redshirting, Ojabo only played 26 snaps for the Wolverines before his sophomore year. He was a revelation last season with 11 sacks and five forced fumbles. He was a lock to be a first-rounder before rupturing his Achilles at his pro day. Projected: Rounds 2-3

Josh Paschal (Sr., Kentucky, 6-2, 268)

Paschal is a strong, powerful edge defender who is an asset against the run, but can slide inside on passing downs to help disrupt the pocket. He’s also a cancer survivor and three-time captain for the Wildcats. Projected: Round 3

DeAngelo Malone (Sr., Western Kentucky, 6-3, 243)

Malone is quick and explosive off the snap. The two-time Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year produced nine sacks and four forced fumbles in 2021. He was named game MVP of the American team at the Senior Bowl. Projected: Round 3

Arnold Ebiketie (Sr., Penn St., 6-2, 250)

Ebiketie excels at converting speed to power when rushing the passer. He’s more technician than elite athlete though. His all-around production in 2021 was impressive — 62 tackles (18 for loss), 9 1/2 sacks, two forced fumbles and two blocked field goals. Projected: Rounds 1-2

Nik Bonitto (Jr., Oklahoma, 6-3, 248)

Bonitto is slightly undersized for an edge defender, but he’s a dynamic pass rusher and relentless in his pursuit of running backs. He’s capable in coverage as well. Projected: Rounds 2-3

BONUS. Boye Mafe (Sr., Minnesota, 6-3, 261)

Mafe’s immense pass-rush repertoire was on display in Mobile, Ala. during Senior Bowl week. He’s tenacious off the line. He’s an inconsistent edge-setter who needs more seasoning as a run defender. Projected: Rounds 1-2

Drake Jackson (Jr., USC, 6-3, 273)

Jackson can play in space or rush the passer off the edge. He has another level that could be unlocked with NFL weight training and coaching. Projected: Rounds 2-3

Cameron Thomas (Jr., San Diego St., 6-4, 267)

Thomas was the most dominant pass rusher in college football this side of Ann Arbor in 2021. He racked up an FBS-leading 77 pressures this season, according to Pro Football Focus. He was sidelined for the Senior Bowl and NFL combine because of a left hamstring injury. Projected: Rounds 2-3
Mafe, Ebiketie, or Bonnito.

I'd trade up.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I would be excited to get Ojabo even if it will take patience and time for him to get anywhere near his potential.

I was looking over the rankings of those ranked up to 100. What I see pretty clearly is that there are still some prospective starter-like players up until you get to about 75 or so. If Keim sees it anything like I do, based on our needs, he really will try to package both of those late R3s and move up to the top of R3. Would make a world of difference in the quality of player we get.

After about pick 75 there are nothing but fillers as I call them, barely players you pick for depth only.

The only other move I see that would really help us is if Seattle would let us have 1 of their 40 or 41st picks for our 87 and 55th. That would make a huge difference in the player we get. Question is why would Seattle want to help us like that.

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ojabo, would depend on what the doctors say. At the very least, we'd lose part of the season. Don't know if we could afford that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Keim is going to go offense again. I think he's all in on offense.

If he's going to pay Kyler $45m a year he's going to give him all the tools so nobody can say he didn't.

I think there will be interior OL value in round 3 so I'm thinking he goes RB. Kenneth Walker or James Cook.

My personal choice if we stand pat would be Drake Jackson.

Reaction score
I think Keim is going to go offense again. I think he's all in on offense.

If he's going to pay Kyler $45m a year he's going to give him all the tools so nobody can say he didn't.

I think there will be interior OL value in round 3 so I'm thinking he goes RB. Kenneth Walker or James Cook.

My personal choice if we stand pat would be Drake Jackson.
Exactly. If we are going to think of Murray as the future he needs players around him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I’m so sick of just knowing the Cards defense is going to allow the other team to convert on 3rd and long. Draft an Edge, please.
then take the best corner......

my new found belief: nothing helps a pass rush more than making a QB hesitate and start looking for option 2 or 3

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any good decent dend or oline guy be ok with me

420 puff gl toke to cards having a awesome day 2

Still ridin high from suns win and day 1 hollywood trade :)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Had ti.e to think about it.
Y'all gonna hate it.

Alec peirce WR.... Cincinnati.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy but the punter looks unbelievable. RELAX, not with our 2nd or 3rds… just saying.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose