Whiskey Cavalier

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Did anyone watch this new series opener? Or try to watch it, I should say. I mean, two good lead actors, eye candy for both sexes, goofball + action...should at least be fun, right? Dear lord, how awful can it get? From the hokey writing (no on-screen chemistry, and the 'hostage' talks about the sexual tension in the car) to the CIA agent not attacking when the FBI agent is 1 foot away and not looking to the frickin' gun being empty and cocked in one shot to being loaded again in the next shot...I mean, at least get the little prop details right, even if the rest of the show is absolute balls. And make no mistake, this show sucks balls. Couldn't make it past the halfway mark.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not see it. When I first heard the title of the show I pictured a boardroom full of asshat execs picking words that tested well and trying to combine them for something "cool and hip." Between that and your review, I think I might just skip it.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not interested at all in this.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I enjoyed the first episode. Not decided on it yet but was entertained. Will see how the next couple episodes go. The show is definitely not for someone looking for a serious take on spy type shows. The show is obviously out to have fun and not take itself too seriously.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The wife and I enjoyed the first episode. Not decided on it yet but was entertained. Will see how the next couple episodes go. The show is definitely not for someone looking for a serious take on spy type shows. The show is obviously out to have fun and not take itself too seriously.

Spy comedy can be awesome--see Chuck--but man, did WC try too hard. And man, was there zero chemistry.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
when this show flames out I imagine Maggie will come wandering out of the woods just in time to save hilltop from the whisperers with some awesome strong woman leadership

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really liked the show, had a bit of a Castle vibe for me which is good. Doesn't hurt that I have a serious crush on Lauren (and I don't want to have to start watching TWD again...)