Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The sad thing is it took the dude essentially dying on the field for people to donate to meet/exceed his goal.
That was my thinking. Always happy to see people donate. That money will actually put smiles on a crazy amount of kids in difficult situations. Wish it didn’t have to be spurred by something almost/maybe tragic. Human beings are a weird and complicated thing.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my thinking. Always happy to see people donate. That money will actually put smiles on a crazy amount of kids in difficult situations. Wish it didn’t have to be spurred by something almost/maybe tragic. Human beings are a weird and complicated thing.
The toy drive was from 2020, when he was still a student. So no one really knew about it, or knew him, other than locals. It reached it's goal, and was basically forgotten about.

After the injury, someone discovered it, and it was still active. Went viral from there. I think many people wanted to do something tangible to show support, and this was a logical/accessible way to do so.

Now his charity has the ability to broaden it's reach, and branch out into other areas of community support. (and no, not giving out ponies or cars like the OP suggested).

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sad thing is it took the dude essentially dying on the field for people to donate to meet/exceed his goal.
It had already quadrupled its modest goal of $2,500 and had raised over $10,000 before he was hurt on the field.

He started it in 2020 when he was a rookie because he wanted to give back to those who had helped him when he was younger.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It had already quadrupled its modest goal of $2,500 and had raised over $10,000 before he was hurt on the field.

He started it in 2020 when he was a rookie because he wanted to give back to those who had helped him when he was younger.
He wasn't drafted until 2021 - he was still in college then.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't drafted until 2021 - he was still in college then.
Ah, the wording got me. He created it 10 days after his last college football game knowing he was likely going to be drafted.

From the GoFundMe:

As I embark on my journey to the NFL, I will never forget where I come from and I am committed to using my platform to positively impact the community that raised me. I created The Chasing M's Foundation as a vehicle that will allow me to deliver that impact, and the first program is the 2020 Community Toy Drive.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, however keep in mind that scores of the people who donated including myself had no idea who he was before Monday night. Still should have been done on a local level at least. $2,500 is nothing.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The toy drive was from 2020, when he was still a student. So no one really knew about it, or knew him, other than locals. It reached it's goal, and was basically forgotten about.

After the injury, someone discovered it, and it was still active. Went viral from there. I think many people wanted to do something tangible to show support, and this was a logical/accessible way to do so.

Now his charity has the ability to broaden it's reach, and branch out into other areas of community support. (and no, not giving out ponies or cars like the OP suggested).
THX for the clarification Jon. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Syracusecards

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
(and no, not giving out ponies or cars like the OP suggested).
I was kidding, just trying to add a bit of harmless levity around this horrible incident. I forget that people here don’t know my warped sense of humor.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I just hope someone is managing it, taking care of it so it doesn't get caught up in some weird tax thing or ends up getting messed up somehow.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

As Damar Hamlin's GoFundMe surges past $7M, father asks fans to also donate to Cincinnati hospital treating him​

Hamlin's father, Mario, released a statement Thursday thanking fans for their "generous support" of the Chasing M's foundation. Mario serves as the executive director of the foundation. He also urged fans to donate to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center trauma center, where Damar is receiving care.

The full statement reads:

We are moved by the generous support for Damar in this trying time. The support we've received is a reflection of the person Damar is. Damar started the Chasing M's Foundation to be used as a vehicle to give back to the people who helped him get to where he is today and lift up the next generation of youth.

The Chasing M's Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the aspirations of youth and community members through sports, education, and enrichment opportunities. With all of your help, that mission is stronger than ever before.

If you're inclined to make a donation to the Chasing M's Foundation, please visit Chasingmsfoundation.com.

To support our first responders, please also donate to the University of Cincinnati Medical Center trauma center. If you're looking for other ways to support, we ask that you buy your first responders & trauma centers lunch in support of the care that Damar has received.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose