What's wrong with Booker?

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2021 season and he's been pretty atrocious. SO many unforced turnovers / brain farts during the game. Missed free throws galore. The biggest ire is I'm watching the ball move super free flowing with our second unit, and the moment he comes in he kills all the momentum with his iso play. Guys are deferring to him during crunch time (and rightfully so), but for every clutch shot he makes, there's 2-3 turnovers / boneheaded plays by our mega star. Is this the Kardashian curse or am I missing something?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Over dribbling. Still can’t get away from double teams, poor recognition in seeing them come, and then never dribbles towards the second defender, always back peddles to trap himself even more. Then comes a jump pass to either no one or to the empty stands. He just needs to keep the ball moving.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2021 season and he's been pretty atrocious. SO many unforced turnovers / brain farts during the game. Missed free throws galore. The biggest ire is I'm watching the ball move super free flowing with our second unit, and the moment he comes in he kills all the momentum with his iso play. Guys are deferring to him during crunch time (and rightfully so), but for every clutch shot he makes, there's 2-3 turnovers / boneheaded plays by our mega star. Is this the Kardashian curse or am I missing something?

Combination of that and Paul and his slow-down-to-a-snail's-pace game being a bad fit with him.

The Paul trade is killing this team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
He’s doing the opposite of what he should be doing. Instead of Book trying to fit in with Chris Paul, CP3 and Monty should be coaching to fit Book. What they are doing isn’t working.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s doing the opposite of what he should be doing. Instead of Book trying to fit in with Chris Paul, CP3 and Monty should be coaching to fit Book. What they are doing isn’t working.

CP3 doesn't have the personality for that. He insists on being the alpha, even when he isn't the best player on the court. It's why he ultimately failed in Houston (where he had to play second fiddle to Harden) but succeeded in OKC (where nobody had anywhere near his talent).

Paul at this stage is a poor fit with Booker, and Booker's game is suffering in part as a result (though the Kardashian drama can't be helping, either).

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns would have been better off with a pure Point Guard, leaving
Devin as the only star in the backcourt. And going with a standout Power Forward.
Especially with Ayton not being a power Center.

I was hoping that the Suns would be a balanced team. How many times have I
wished for "balance"?

But it's the same old overloading one segment of the lineup and being marginal
in another.

That's sad! This could have shaped up to be a comeback-of-the-decade team.

It indicates a General Manager who doesn't understand the basics of basketball.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CP3 doesn't have the personality for that. He insists on being the alpha, even when he isn't the best player on the court. It's why he ultimately failed in Houston (where he had to play second fiddle to Harden) but succeeded in OKC (where nobody had anywhere near his talent).

Paul at this stage is a poor fit with Booker, and Booker's game is suffering in part as a result (though the Kardashian drama can't be helping, either).

Houston was up 3-2 on the GOAT team that would have crushed any Jordan team 4-0, and Paul got a freak injury and missed the last two games.

Quite a high bar for success you’ve set.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns would have been better off with a pure Point Guard, leaving
Devin as the only star in the backcourt. And going with a standout Power Forward.

I was hoping that the Suns would be a balanced team. How many times have I
posted the word "balanced"?

But it's the same old overloading one segment of the lineup and being marginal
in another.

That's sad! This could have shaped up to be a comeback-of-the-decade team.

Uh, we are 6-3, first in the West and still have a +6.0 PD. Maybe wait until we lose a few games in a row before making such definitive proclamations!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Uh, we are 6-3, first in the West and still have a +6.0 PD. Maybe wait until we lose a few games in a row before making such definitive proclamations!

Well, we have lost 2 of 3, and the way we have played of late, we could easily be in the middle of a 4 game losing streak.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I've stated an observation which I think is a clear possibility..

After having seen Booker not being voted to the All-Star team
last year (though named as a fill-in), I believe that this is the year
that Book will want out if not given the chance to be a clear All-Star.

Let's see what happens.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the team wins and makes the playoffs, and especially if they win a series (or more), Booker ain’t going anywhere.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What is wrong with the BUCKS?

5-4 and get tossed at home by an ok Jazz team.

5+ min scoreless stretch in 4th Quarter! Wow they suck.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the Suns are looking real good overall
of 8 games against good teams they only lost 2 close games, and an overtime tonight
damn. i was only consistently negative 2 years ago when the team consistently sucked dirt with an awful coach

clearly, the cp3 move is a success so far and i believe it will continue to be as long as he stays healthy

my criticism is that the team is being mismanaged at crunch time
Booker hasn't earned the right this season to play isolation
and Ayton, Kaminsky, and Saric are also turnover prone when things tighten up

we're a terrific passing team and have a lot of balance
stick with that strength
call some plays
let CP3 make more decisions with the ball instead of Booker

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that a fact? :shrug:

if it isn’t and all Book really cares about All-Star game over WINNING, then we sure as hell dont want him to be the number one player you build around that’s gonna lead you to a title.

And did you actually say we should have stayed with a pure PG? Chris Paul is the DEFINITION of a pure PG.

weird posts man. Weird posts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Houston was up 3-2 on the GOAT team that would have crushed any Jordan team 4-0, and Paul got a freak injury and missed the last two games.

Quite a high bar for success you’ve set.

oh that is so not true. No Jordan championship team is getting swept by anyone in history. In 6 championships Jordan never even went to a game 7

just stop that’s crazy talk

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
oh that is so not true. No Jordan championship team is getting swept by anyone in history. In 6 championships Jordan never even went to a game 7

just stop that’s crazy talk

lol Jordan got washed by Detroit and Detroit wasn’t nearly as good as KD WOYAS. Come on son.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they don’t make the playoffs this year then Booker is probably going to want out.

I’d be ok with that. If he isn’t good enough to take us there then he doesn’t deserve the max from us, and we’d need to move on to someone who will.

RagMMA

Reaction score
While I don't agree CP3 is the savior of the Suns and have never liked him as a fit on this team he's here and I'll get behind him as a fan.

Im not ready to throw in the towel, we are playing like a team that's had 1 month together and doing better than I expected.

Last night was a stinker for sure , it won't be the last. We are a better team than last year and will have to work our asses off to compete.

To be honest im tired of the whole "Booker is gonna leave BS" if he cries and wants out so be it, what could we get in return? Life goes on.