What's the word on Lyle S?

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think we will know until mid week regarding possibility of playing against Seattle.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
BA said he'd be a game time decision...last week. So I think it doesn't look good.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Why not Larsen?

AQ is too small and has no experience. Our entire offense hinges on having a great center. Very worried if we have to play Shipley.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
AQ is too small and has no experience. Our entire offense hinges on having a great center. Very worried if we have to play Shipley.

I hope that's not the case because we don't have a great center on the roster.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

It isn't like Shipley is a rookie, he has been in the NFL 4 years and started 20 games. As for size he is 2 inches shorter but the same weight as Sendlein, not exactly small.

I am not saying he is a good player by any stretch but we don't have a great center period and that includes Sendlein...there is a drop off in talent from Sendlein to Shipley but not by a huge margin.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

No it doesn't. Lyle was never great. He is serviceable, but outside of OLB/DE, Center is the position that needs the biggest upgrade next season (barring a Free Agency exodus).