What's a change that's been taken for granted?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Seeing a competent NFL coach on the Cardinal sidelines. He neither blows his top or screams at the refs all game (BA) or burns time outs like Kliff.

It is early but he reminds me a little of Landry with his stoic demeanor and being under control.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seeing a competent NFL coach on the Cardinal sidelines. He neither blows his top or screams at the refs all game (BA) or burns time outs like Kliff.

It is early but he reminds me a little of Landry with his stoic demeanor and being under control.
In all honesty, that stoic demeanor infuriated me last week. Kudos to him this week though. Let me be among the first to give my head coach his props.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's hear yours....

Mine is that it's awesome to lookup at the scoreboard at the 2 minute warning of either half and see 3 little white dots all lit up, indicating all 3 timeouts are available.
Agreed, however, there have been a couple of occasions that the challenge flag should have been thrown (especially in Giants game). If that causes us to lose a couple of time outs, so be it. I think the challenge flag has been stuck in his pocket.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Agreed, however, there have been a couple of occasions that the challenge flag should have been thrown (especially in Giants game). If that causes us to lose a couple of time outs, so be it. I think the challenge flag has been stuck in his pocket.
Problem with that is coach on the sidelines has to rely on coaches upstairs to get the word to challenge. Unless it is right in front of the head coach he is at the mercy of his staff.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Opposing Tight Ends been the most feared players on the field every week

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It seems apparent to me that our coaching staff each and every day are teaching this team what it takes to be a successful football team. Come Sunday, this football team is prepared to do whatever it takes to win. We may not have enough talent to be an elite contender, but coaching DOES matter. As we add talent, elite is now a possibility.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's hear yours....

Mine is that it's awesome to lookup at the scoreboard at the 2 minute warning of either half and see 3 little white dots all lit up, indicating all 3 timeouts are available.

Man… that didn’t even cross my mind, but just getting plays off with regularity is so refreshingly NORMAL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Watching McVay do the same crap that Kingsbury did is maddening. I love the clock management. I love the more physical running game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man… that didn’t even cross my mind, but just getting plays off with regularity is so refreshingly NORMAL.
Yup. I can’t recall one where I saw the clock ticking down and I was worried we wouldn’t get it off. I’m sure we’ve had one, but the fact that I can’t recall it means it escaped my attention - which never would’ve happened under kliff.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
There are coaches who want no mistakes and no penalty yards from their defense

And then there are coaches who just want to funk the other team up - disrupt everything and hit everyone - no mercy - with no fear of flags

Feels good to be on the latter side for once

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yup. I can’t recall one where I saw the clock ticking down and I was worried we wouldn’t get it off. I’m sure we’ve had one, but the fact that I can’t recall it means it escaped my attention - which never would’ve happened under kliff.
And they are in a huddle almost exclusively every play!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not necessarily something that is directly noticed with the team but something I have thought about was the fact that JG had enough experience and connections to put together his own coaching staff. The fact that Wilks and KK either couldn't or weren't allowed to shows just how in over their head they were, and the guys Keim brought in to fill out their staffs did them no favors.