What time is the game Saturday?

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Websites say 10pm eastern, yet the NFL network says 10pm central, and Directv only has 2 hours allotted to the game. 10-12 central.

What's the true story here?

Sent from Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you have plenty of capacity on your DVR, you'd be well-advised to record at least a couple of additional rebroadcasts on NFLN "just to make sure you get it."

I noticed, this morning, on NFLN a banner at the upper right of the screen (above the fake list of upcoming discussion topics) hyping Denver @ Arizona at 11 pm ET (not 10). They seem to be totally out of sorts. Keep checking and rechecking for updated scheduling info. Trust no one.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It's on late.

Best I can do for you.

I saw 10pm EST at one point, then 11pm EST at one point.

Record whatever the guide says will be on at 10pm and add like, 10 hours to the end of it.

Not to mention the program following it as well.

That should cover it ...... at least I hope it will.

OP
OP
stewdog1

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I had already added hours to the broadcast, but what time is the game actually starting?

Sent from Tapatalk

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I had already added hours to the broadcast, but what time is the game actually starting?

Sent from Tapatalk

Remember that since so many people from California have moved to Arizona the Grand Canyon State uses California time during the summer to make them feel at home. So game starts at 7 there and 10 on the East Coast. 9 for the Central US and 8 Mountain time.

9 oclock start. This old guy is going to need a nap.

nfl.com shows the game is going to be on NFL network. Neither the Cowboys nor Texans play at the same time so I might actually be able to watch the Cards broadcast. No, I'm not that lucky NFLN will use SDiego's. :(

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Will the game be broadcast live? And on one of the local stations? If so, which one?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
NFL Network likes to join pre-season games in progress

I have no idea why they insist that people would rather see a game end with 3rd & 4th stringers to finish out a score that doesn't matter instead of showing the starters .... that is what they do though

For example, last week they finished up the jets game and whomever it was they were playing against while not doing a live broadcast of peyton manning & russell wilson - joining that one 30 minutes in

However, 30 minutes missing is better than their typical hour

If you are in market you'll be fine as it's on locals .... if you are out of market you can catch it in progress and miss the first hour (they will give a couple look ins etc before it officially cuts over) or you can try one of those free streams or pay for the NFL preseason live and watch it on your computer

OP
OP
stewdog1

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I have no idea why they insist that people would rather see a game end with 3rd & 4th stringers to finish out a score that doesn't matter instead of showing the starters .... that is what they do though

For example, last week they finished up the jets game and whomever it was they were playing against while not doing a live broadcast of peyton manning & russell wilson - joining that one 30 minutes in

If you are in market you'll be fine as it's on locals .... if you are out of market you can catch it in progress and miss the first hour (they will give a couple look ins etc before it officially cuts over) or you can try one of those free streams or pay for the NFL preseason live and watch it on your computer

But a game isn't scheduled before ours on nfl network.

Sent from Tapatalk

OP
OP
stewdog1

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember that since so many people from California have moved to Arizona the Grand Canyon State uses California time during the summer to make them feel at home. So game starts at 7 there and 10 on the East Coast. 9 for the Central US and 8 Mountain time.

9 oclock start. This old guy is going to need a nap.

nfl.com shows the game is going to be on NFL network. Neither the Cowboys nor Texans play at the same time so I might actually be able to watch the Cards broadcast. No, I'm not that lucky NFLN will use SDiego's. :(

Thanks, I appreciate it

Sent from Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATL vs TEN is 8pm EST to 11pm EST.

We are on 10pm EST to 1am EST

So technically they could show fourth quarter crap instead of our first quarter stuff but that wouldnt make sense if they want ratings.

OP
OP
stewdog1

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ATL vs TEN is 8pm EST to 11pm EST.

We are on 10pm EST to 1am EST

So technically they could show fourth quarter crap instead of our first quarter stuff but that wouldnt make sense if they want ratings.

Well, maybe we'll get lucky and it will be on delay. No reason they couldn't do that.

Sent from Tapatalk

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I like Preseason live because you can watch replays of the games any time. I like to watch how guys develop from game to game so I'll watch a lot of segments of replays. They have a condensed version which helps.

It also is great to have to go back and watch film to see which posters or media guys are FOS. :p

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Looking at the schedule

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=08/24/2013&field=selectedDate

They have the full Buffalo/Washington game from 4:30 - 7:30 (all times eastern - subtract 3 hours for local)

They then join in progress all the games that were 7 or 7:30 starts for "whiparound" coverage ..... basically a poor mans preseason redzone .... this will go for 2 1/2 hours until those 7pm starts are finished

Then they will join live in progress the cardinals/chargers game - showing the final 2 hours of the game - missing the 1st hour which is pre-empted by the wraparound coverage

They did the same thing when the seahawks played the chargers in week 1 - except they had a single game schedule before which ended early, then filled the time with wrap around coverage before switching to the full seahawks/chargers at 8pm local on a 7pm start ..... the replay was scheduled for way too long in the future, so I buckled and bought preseason live

It doesn't make sense to me to have them show the ends of meaningless games with roster fodder while not broadcasting the starters of the next game .... but that is what they do

Many people don't even have interest in watching the ends of games when they are fans of a team (excluding nuts like us who like to complain about how awesome the 8th CB on the depth chart is and it sucks there isn't room to keep him)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking at the schedule

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=08/24/2013&field=selectedDate

They have the full Buffalo/Washington game from 4:30 - 7:30 (all times eastern - subtract 3 hours for local)

They then join in progress all the games that were 7 or 7:30 starts for "whiparound" coverage ..... basically a poor mans preseason redzone .... this will go for 2 1/2 hours until those 7pm starts are finished

Then they will join live in progress the cardinals/chargers game - showing the final 2 hours of the game - missing the 1st hour which is pre-empted by the wraparound coverage

They did the same thing when the seahawks played the chargers in week 1 - except they had a single game schedule before which ended early, then filled the time with wrap around coverage before switching to the full seahawks/chargers at 8pm local on a 7pm start ..... the replay was scheduled for way too long in the future, so I buckled and bought preseason live

It doesn't make sense to me to have them show the ends of meaningless games with roster fodder while not broadcasting the starters of the next game .... but that is what they do

Many people don't even have interest in watching the ends of games when they are fans of a team (excluding nuts like us who like to complain about how awesome the 8th CB on the depth chart is and it sucks there isn't room to keep him)

maybe its the NFLs way of pushing the streaming package.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In the East, FIOS shows the NFL Network showing Whiparound coverage from 8-11 PM, and Az-SD from 11 PM-1 AM. I'll turn on the NFL Network at 10 PM and hope for the best.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd rather something was done about the heat.

That's easy. Move to Flagstaff. :D

Arizona needs to go on Daylight Savings time in the Winter. Heck it gets dark out there so early the half time meets are at Sunset in November and December. That would also give you all an extra hour of daylight to get more $$$ out of the tourists. :p

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison