What is the plan?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may very well refer to a deal, but I’d be extremely surprised if Oubre doesn’t test the market. Hell, Tyler Johnson hasn’t even exercised his free option of $19m. There’s all sorts of weird stuff going on.

Strange offseason for the Suns so far.

Only guessing but maybe Oubre's agent already knows the market and he does want to stay in Phoenix.

I'd be very happy if this happens.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Only guessing but maybe Oubre's agent already knows the market and he does want to stay in Phoenix.

I'd be very happy if this happens.
I wonder how he can be so sure—there are several teams looking at huge money, and only a couple will actually get Kevin Durant, Kyrie or Kemba. Seems like bad business to not at least explore whether anyone is going to overpay. And you won’t know that until after the 4th of July.

I want Oubre, just seems unusual.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder how he can be so sure—there are several teams looking at huge money, and only a couple will actually get Kevin Durant, Kyrie or Kemba. Seems like bad business to not at least explore whether anyone is going to overpay. And you won’t know that until after the 4th of July.

I want Oubre, just seems unusual.

This is all true.

Perhaps he likes the Suns offer, thinks it is competitive and wants to remain here. Of course this is speculation.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's "only" making 3mill? 4X the amount isn't enough of a pay raise?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The twitter world is again alive with speculation that Lonzo Ball could end up with the Suns in an Anthony Davis trade to the Lakers trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Oubre's agent is also Ayton's agent. I think that works in our favor. I'd be surprised if he signs an extension before free agency starts unless the deal pays him around what his cap hold is, which is just under $10 million a year. Signing him now will eat up almost all of our cap space unless his deal is below market value, and $10 million is less than the market value for Oubre. If that does happen though I think the team should have a bobblehead night for his agent because he deserves something for helping us out like that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Oubre's agent is also Ayton's agent. I think that works in our favor. I'd be surprised if he signs an extension before free agency starts unless the deal pays him around what his cap hold is, which is just under $10 million a year. Signing him now will eat up almost all of our cap space unless his deal is below market value, and $10 million is less than the market value for Oubre. If that does happen though I think the team should have a bobblehead night for his agent because he deserves something for helping us out like that.

why does having Ayton's agent matter? Considering Ayton ain't anywhere close to another contract, Ombre's agent is going to get as much as humanly possible for his client if he's good at his job.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talking about the offseason...there isn't one for Mikal Bridges.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I've been seeing stuff about how he's been in the weight room every day , hopefully he can have a giannis type transformation
Evidently, he was around when all the guys came through for work outs. I saw Booker myself at the Arena. I know he was there at least once this off season for a work out. :)

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
He's made considerable gains in his upper body. Last year, he was a stick figure. Below is an image for comparison.
You must be registered for see images attach
It should be interesting to see how much this helps his development, one of his biggest problems last year was his inability to finish at the rim, if he adds that dimension he can definitely become more than just a 3-D player

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

KInd of nice to have a view of just who is under contract or not.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

KInd of nice to have a view of just who is under contract or not.

Look at this list in 20 years and you're gonna say, "Oh man, what a pile of crap."

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Part of an Arizsona Sports article today dropping more doom:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Part of an Arizsona Sports article today dropping more doom:

I'm starting to think we might as well trade Booker and start building around Ayton and Bridges.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:hairraise

They can't even get a decent return on AD.

That's because AD has demanded out, only has one year left on his deal, and has said he would only re-sign with the Lakers or Knicks.

If we are going to continue not to address the key positions of need, such that the team continues not to progress and Booker inevitably is just going to get frustrated and ask out, then we might as well trade him before he backs us into the same corner into which AD has backed the Pelicans.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because AD has demanded out, only has one year left on his deal, and has said he would only re-sign with the Lakers or Knicks.

If we are going to continue not to address the key positions of need, such that the team continues not to progress and Booker inevitably is just going to get frustrated and ask out, then we might as well trade him before he backs us into the same corner into which AD has backed the Pelicans.

So your solution is to trade any 22 year old that shows signs of stardom because he MIGHT demand a trade a few years down the road? Why not trade Bridges, he's older than Devin?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So your solution is to trade any 22 year old that shows signs of stardom because he MIGHT demand a trade a few years down the road? Why not trade Bridges, he's older than Devin?

Devin has been here for 4 years, the team has gone backwards, and his frustration is growing increasingly visible. This roster needs to start heading in the right direction soon, or Booker will go the way Warren did after the same period of time last year (and the way Bledsoe did after the same period of time the year before).

It isn't age. It's loss of patience after enduring poor management and lack of roster improvement here.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to think we might as well trade Booker and start building around Ayton and Bridges.

Wait so trade Booker who can provide great scoring and is the most effective guard in the NBA at getting to the line for AD?

Then you now still have a huge gap at PG and now shooting guard?

Do you not remember how pathetic our backcourt was post Nash?! So nobody to pass the ball to our big men and nobody to score from your backcourt.

Not a fan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard