What is my favorite show?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People seemed to love the odds in my US Men's Basketball Olympics wager, so I'm going to throw another one at you.

Of course, this is a scary option, but it could be vastly rewarding for you brave souls who feel like taking a risk.

You've known me for awhile, I talk about a lot of TV...and now it's time to guess what my favorite show is.

I'm going to put odds out there based on shows that SHOULD be your favorite, but might not necessarily be the one that is MY fav.

Good luck. I will leave this open for a week and we'll find out the answer next Monday.

No, I will NOT be wagering on my own bet :)

Mike

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nuts.
I was hoping your site had something obvious like Dexter is my favorite TV show...

But you do have his face as your avatar...

BUT you could have set it up to misdirect us...

OR you could have known we'd have seen it as misdirection and it's actually how you feel...

This is getting complicated.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuts.
I was hoping your site had something obvious like Dexter is my favorite TV show...

OR you could have known we'd have seen it as misdirection and it's actually how you feel...

I'm glad it's driving some of you crazy...I did post something about Dexter today...

My Pop Critics site MIGHT hold the answer, if you look hard enough.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this bet settling soon?

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I voted Flight of the Conchords, because I know CM has the Hiphopoppatmus on his regular iPod rotation.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nuts.

but we all know that Iocaine powder is from Australia

would Mike sets the odds for his favorite show to be the lowest, knowing that it would give the lowest payout? Clearly it must be Lost.

Or would he figure that we would think that he is setting that odds to favorite show the lowest, and thus set the odds to his favorite show the highest? Clearly, it must be Breaking Bad.

But wait! Why would he have Dexter as his avatar, if it wasn't his favorite show? clearly, it must be Dexter!

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score

would Mike sets the odds for his favorite show to be the lowest, knowing that it would give the lowest payout? Clearly it must be Lost.

Or would he figure that we would think that he is setting that odds to favorite show the lowest, and thus set the odds to his favorite show the highest? Clearly, it must be Breaking Bad.

But wait! Why would he have Dexter as his avatar, if it wasn't his favorite show? clearly, it must be Dexter!

Clearly. ;)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Inconthievable!

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hilarious :)

I'm gonna feel bad for those that have chosen wrong...but it's okay, it's not real money right? :)

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about Mike, but Dexter is my "new favorite show".

But Lost is a staple too.

:bang:

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dexter is climbing the list big time...it could be #1 already, but it might not.

But I do freaking love that show right now.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet on The Office, but the more I think of it, it's going to be Lost.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone who has my cell number please text me the answer. I can't wait.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, here are the results, I appreciate you all having a good time with this and I feel bad for those that spent some hard-earned cash on the wrong choice.

Dexter was a bit too obvious...because the avatar and me writing about it lately on my blog would just be too easy for you all :)

Not that it's not in my top 5...it's definitely up there now with BSG, 30 Rock, The Office and.....the winning choice.

LOST

Abomb actually did his homework and found the article that gave away the answer:

http://www.popcritics.com/2008/06/mikes-top-10-tv-shows-from-the-2007-2008-season/

Here is his amazing PM to me describing how he went about figuring it out. I have to say, I wanted to nominate his message as the Private Message of the Year:

Dear Mr. Chandler Mike,

I am writting you today in response to your vBookie thread "What is Chandler Mike's favorite show? (television)". I have long followed your work; from ASFN to A Mike Life and finally to PopCritics.com. Your vBookie event seems simple enough, as you list shows that you have enjoyed and written about numerous times. I have combed through the PopCritics blog posts and comments and can not come to clear cut winner.

Let's break them down, Dr. Jack style;

Lost - A fantastic show, one that is equal parts perplexing and wondrous. You havent blogged about it for sometime, but I know it is high on your list, as is the absent 24.

BSG - Next to bears and beets, BSG holds a special place in your heart. At Comicon you tracked down and procured a t-shirt advertising your love affair with both BSG and Dwight K. Schrute (Assistant to the Regional Manager, Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company).

Dexter - Your newest "favorite". I cant see an upstart unseating such broadcast luminaries such as...

30 Rock - Liz Lemon, Dr. Spaceman and Tracy Jordan dressed like Thomas Jefferson. My wife and I are almost done with season 1 and look forward slamming season 2 in order to enjoy Thursdays with 30 Rock and...

The Office - What can I say about the show that hasnt already been said? Dont you own not one, but two Dwight K. Schrute Bobbleheads?

Flight of the Conchords - You love this show, but I cant see a short-run show with one season in the can taking the crown.

Breaking Bad - A newcomer. Cant see it as tops for the same reason as FOTC.

I hope for the reasons above, you will find it in the kindness of your heart to reveal to me the answer to the question, so I may wager heavily on it.

No matter your decision, I sit in suspense of learning what your favorite show truly is.

Best,

A-Bomb, esq

And then the follow-up:

I just found this thread and loaded up my wager accordingly.
You must be registered for see images

A-Bomb

So there you have it...I love Lost, it's my favorite show, even though if you asked me to choose between Lost, BSG, 30 Rock and Dexter, I might just kill myself instead...it's my #1 right now.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Chandler Mike,

Your favorite show is not Lost. It is Breaking Bad.

earthsci

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson