What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's never watched Reddick apparently, in any game.

Reddick was burned on the long FB swing pass late in the game. He sucked up thinking it was run, by the time he said OH Crap, his guy was wide open. Simmons is a rookie, Reddick is not.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Once Mostert got 3 yards of separation from everyone, the rest was pure speed. Fastest human on a football field in years on that play.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even DWash never got exposed this bad his first year. He was invisible with flashes of potential rather than horrifically bad.

This was one of the worst performances I have seen by a LB in NFL history and I'm pretty confident Simmons' first round status is the only thing keeping him in the team right now.
No preseason. Shouldn't expect a lot yet.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are one of those that Simmons was going to turn this defense into a Juggernaut then you’ve set yourself up for a let down.

Add to that the 500 reps he missed out on throughout the spring and summer.

I would use him in blitz packages and reduce his responsibilities. Let’s give this kid a chance.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you are one of those that Simmons was going to turn this defense into a Juggernaut then you’ve set yourself up for a let down.

Add to that the 500 reps he missed out on throughout the spring and summer.

I would use him in blitz packages and reduce his responsibilities. Let’s give this kid a chance.
Looks like he was mostly used in the SAM outside LB spot.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He looked like a rookie who had no pre-season. He had 1 true stinker play and the other bad play was more of a tie between him and Banjo. He also made some nice reads and tackles in the run game. There is no way he would be cut by any team with that performance.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So, once again, here is my problem with Steve Keim's drafting.

You must be registered for see images attach

and we started off this season playing him at OLB, his least used position. For those keeping track, I equate SS and FS as similar enough to be considered one spot, similar to either ILB spot. Again, not saying Simmons will be a bust as it is way too early, but this is exactly what Keim did with Reddick and Bucannon before him.

Last edited:

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

and we started off this season playing him at OLB, his least used position. For those keeping track, I equate SS and FS as similar enough to be considered similar to either ILB spot. Again, not saying Simmons will be a bust as it is way too early, but this is exactly what Keim did with Reddick and Bucannon before him.

I am wondering if Thompson is out as safety for a while, could we slide Simmons back?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am wondering if Thompson is out as safety for a while, could we slide Simmons back?
I hope the stick with the plan even if I don't agree with it in principle. Simmons is going to have a large learning curve at the highest level, he needs to be able to focus on it.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Simmons is not a natural ilb

Kiem and his drafting, screwing the Cardinals again

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope the stick with the plan even if I don't agree with it in principle. Simmons is going to have a large learning curve at the highest level, he needs to be able to focus on it.

I think his ss instincts are far better than his lb one

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

and we started off this season playing him at OLB, his least used position. For those keeping track, I equate SS and FS as similar enough to be considered similar to either ILB spot. Again, not saying Simmons will be a bust as it is way too early, but this is exactly what Keim did with Reddick and Bucannon before him.
I agree he should be ILB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
For me, I think Simmons is talented enough to figure pretty much any position out. My issue is with Keim's flawed process of using high draft picks on guys and then not playing them in the positions that got them drafted that high in the first place.

He has a terrible history of this.

Isaiah Simmons

Andy Isabella
(I will give Keim a pass on Murphy as I believe that due to injury to Alford)

Christian Kirk
(has always done his best work from the slot)

Haason Reddick

DJ Humphries

Deone Bucannon

All first and second round dudes who were successful in college at one spot, and then moved to a different spot after they were drafted.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons will pan out just his 1st gm new speed lvl talent

He has all the skills sure the coaches will train him correctly

I was slightly disappointed as well but wasn't expecting to much from a rookie lber with no preseason to get a feel of nfl speed

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

and we started off this season playing him at OLB, his least used position. For those keeping track, I equate SS and FS as similar enough to be considered one spot, similar to either ILB spot. Again, not saying Simmons will be a bust as it is way too early, but this is exactly what Keim did with Reddick and Bucannon before him.

your giving off a very desperate vibe. Your so desperate to be right you’d rather him fail and the team suffer than be proven wrong and the team succeed.

it’s pretty common

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Why is this Keim's fault for where he is played? This is a VJ or KK complaint, as they are the coaches. Keim doesn't tell Simmons were to be on the field...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's Vance Josephs game plan and likely had something to do with covering Kittle.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reddick was burned on the long FB swing pass late in the game. He sucked up thinking it was run, by the time he said OH Crap, his guy was wide open. Simmons is a rookie, Reddick is not.

They fooled him on that twice maybe 3 times. One time Jimmy G didn't see it the FB was uncovered for a TD.

Aside from the underthrows Jimmy at least 3 times had a guy uncovered either in the endzone or on his way to the endzone and didn't see him.

That one play it was the RB I think McKinnon and a couple of plays later he actually got the TD. The first time Chandler jones hit him and turned him loose to a safety who was not there.

I get he didn't have his Wr's but Jimmy was awful when they really needed him yesterday