What did they offer????

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Chiefs | Offer For Jones Turned Down - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
5:23 PT: Updating previous reports, the Kansas City Star reports the Kansas City Chiefs’ initial offer to the Arizona Cardinals for RB Thomas Jones was turned down, but that doesn’t mean they won’t try again. What the Chiefs offered in the deal was unknown.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They just made a new offer that includes a Joe Montana jersey and autographed football.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by bankybruce
They just made a new offer that includes a Joe Montana jersey and autographed football.

But the autographed football is one of those screen painted ones and the Jersey is a replica. I think we should hold out for an authentic Jersey and autograph.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona99
I think they only offered us a kitchen table. !!
<p>Did they say what brand----The Cards could use a new one in their cafeteria----They should seriously consider this offer as it might save them $1,200 to $1,500.00.;)

OP
OP
imaCafan

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Man.... I was hoping for a 1st. & 3rd. this year and their 2nd. next year! :D :D :D :D :D

jmr667

Random Poster
Reaction score
Probably offered a "hands-free" phone. The Cards turned it down 'cause they've had Shipp training hard in the off-season workouts with Emmitt's buddy Alf to prevent any injuries....

:eek:

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh man, if this is true, we're morons.

The Cardinals should be thankful anyone's willing to give up anything for a guy who's done as little on the field as Jones.

Pro Bowlers like Kyle Turley and Junior Seau are being traded for mid-round draft picks......we should consider ourselves lucky to be offered a 7th for a guy like Jones.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
This means 1 of 2 things:

1 - Cards believe Jones is worth more then a 7th round pick(odds are this is what was offered by KC)

or

2 - Cards have decided since Jones only costs $500K against the cap, they would rather keep him as a good backup to Smith & Shipp.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd pick #1, Jason.

I think he's locker-room poison at this point and will be a huge distraction as a third-stringer. If we don't trade him, he's very likely to be cut. So we might as well take what we can get for him, IMO. Something is better than nothing.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
They offered a box of chicken.

That is hillarious, because that's what I always describe the trade worth of Dan Langhi and Casey Jacobson to my girlfriend, though I say they are worth a "bucket of chicken"! :D

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
I'd pick #1, Jason.

I think he's locker-room poison at this point and will be a huge distraction as a third-stringer. If we don't trade him, he's very likely to be cut. So we might as well take what we can get for him, IMO. Something is better than nothing.

But you could also consider it a gamble. How often does a 7th round pick pan out? Is it worth a gamble? Sure it is what is the worse that could happen, we cut him and don't get anything which is pretty close to a 7th round pick!

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
That is hillarious, because that's what I always describe the trade worth of Dan Langhi and Casey Jacobson to my girlfriend, though I say they are worth a "bucket of chicken"! :D

Spicey or original recepie?

pinnacle

Reaction score
for all we know..the chiefs offered like a 7th round pick next season..and the cardinals want a 7th round pick this season...Also..if the cardinals feel one of the chiefs receivers will be cut - maybe we are angling to get one of them..although if we wanted a guy who is going to be cut - could we not claim them on the waiver wire if their contract is reasonable? not sure how this works...

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If KC can get KFC to bring back Tender Roast then that would be good enough for me.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd pick #1, Jason.

I kept hearing Rice was locker room poison or worse now he is wearing a superbowl ring and has a multi year monster contract.

az643dp

"The Tugboat"
Reaction score
Oh man, if this is true, we're morons.

The Cardinals should be thankful anyone's willing to give up anything for a guy who's done as little on the field as Jones.

Hang on Ed. I have a hunch that the Cards are not complete morons in this case. I would bet that there is another team(s) involved and the Cards are trying to put some more pressure on the involved teams which is a smart move in a sense, however it could also backfire.

I wouldn't be surprised if teams like Houston or Miami, along with KC, are interested in TJ to be a veteran backup . This is all speculation on my part but it certainly could be an option. We all know that Houston needs a backup RB, and Miami had Ricky Williams. The depth behind Ricky and Mack is questionable though. We shall see.

Last edited:

Alphaman

Rookie
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
for all we know..the chiefs offered like a 7th round pick next season..and the cardinals want a 7th round pick this season...Also..if the cardinals feel one of the chiefs receivers will be cut - maybe we are angling to get one of them..although if we wanted a guy who is going to be cut - could we not claim them on the waiver wire if their contract is reasonable? not sure how this works...

My guess is that the Cardinals may very well end up getting the Chiefs 5th this year. The Chiefs lost some leverage when Gary signed with Buffalo. While the Cardinals may be angling to get one of the Chiefs receivers, I don't see it happening. Minnis and Morris both have a shot to make the team. Neither one will be a June 1st casualty. One or both will be cut during the teams final cutdown after the last preseason game. The last 2 years the Chiefs have had injuries in the WR position in training camp. That has left them short at times. I don't think Vermeil will take that chance this offseason.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd pick #1, Jason.

Good point but he would not be a cancer if he did not dress for any games and the team asked him to stay at home..

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that the Cardinals may very well end up getting the Chiefs 5th this year.
Cards were said to be angling for a first day pick in exchange for Jones. While beggars can't be choosers, the Cards may be in a stronger position than most of us think if more than one team is bidding for TJ.

My guess - the Cards will insist on a 3rd but settle for a 4th or 5th round pick.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
I'd do a backflip for a fourth and name my first born THomas Jones if they get a third.

Maybe they offered a portable phone in exchange for Jones.... you kow how dangerous getting up to answer those phones with cords can be.......:D :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard