What a terrible press conference

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Alright, I know I said "I'm out," and really it's because I don't want to slather the board with negativity, but whoa.

- Dude checks his cellphone 3 minutes into the press conference, while standing at the podium
- Answers a question with "say what?"
- Struggled to understand questions coming out or wasn't paying attention

I just don't see it in this kid. I so hope I'm wrong.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welcome back to the board. I thought it was gonna be 20 minutes. I miscalculated worse than Keim miscalculating Rosen's trade value.

The presser was fine, and I could care less about his press conferences. Rosen speaks well, and plays like crap. Being critical of this is just petty.

See you in 15 minutes for another thread lol.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
u didnt say u done for a bit after murray s pick?
I just addressed it in that thread if you care enough to go back and read more. Honestly, I was letting passion get the best of me, and I'm realizing it's pretty much impossible for me to avoid the board on draft weekend.

I apologize for overreacting like that though. This is me coming back with my tail between my legs.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It’s not gonna get easier after he throws 3 INTs in some game. This is as easy as it gets.

True, hopefully the more these things he does the better he gets. I sort of expect more from a Heisman winner at a top 5 program and it's obvious not a strong area at all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, I know I said "I'm out," and really it's because I don't want to slather the board with negativity, but whoa.

- Dude checks his cellphone 3 minutes into the press conference, while standing at the podium
- Answers a question with "say what?"
- Struggled to understand questions coming out or wasn't paying attention

I just don't see it in this kid. I so hope I'm wrong.

OH MY GOD.

Is this really what the board is going to be? Half of it with completely ridiculous Kyler Derangement Syndrome looking for ANY reason to hate? The presser was meh... fine. Literally nothing to write home or on the board about.

And if you're going to leave, just leave already. Maybe you can go be a Vikings fan considering your ridiculous man-crush on a QB who basically is going to destroy that team because he's mediocre AF with the most ridiculous contract in the league.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
That wasn’t as big of a deal as Rosen saying there were 9 mistakes made ahead of him.

Just shut up and play ball. To be fair to Kyler the questions being asked were boring as hell.

well maybe he just should let his Daddy do his press conferences.He was the #1 pick..WTF does he think that there is no scrutiny with that?

Reactions: PJ1

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Giving a good press conference is about how you prepare. Murray didn’t prepare for the day before the draft. He reportedly didn’t prepare well for combine meetings. He didn’t prepare for his intro presser.

Being a great NFL QB is entirely about preparation and having control over every aspect of the experience around you.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He didn’t win the press conference. Still unimpressed. I almost fell asleep

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That wasn’t as big of a deal as Rosen saying there were 9 mistakes made ahead of him.

Just shut up and play ball. To be fair to Kyler the questions being asked were boring as hell.

No doubt they were prescreened by the org.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grabbing your cell phone and checking it three minutes into your introductory press conference with your new team is bad fair anyway you slice it... That was bad... lol

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
True, hopefully the more these things he does the better he gets. I sort of expect more from a Heisman winner at a top 5 program and it's obvious not a strong area at all.
What?!?!?!?! Who cares?!?!?! You expect more of a Heisman winner? Unbelievable. Did you knock Paul Goldschmidt for his pressers? This literally means nothing. NOTHING. So ridiculous.

Reaction score
His wonderlic scores weren’t Ralph Einstein’s.....but come on give the kid a break...as a school principal I said “Say what?” On numerous occasions.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I chuckled at the "say what?"

It's obvious he just isn't comfortable up there, he is still young and will mature though.

I thought one of the questions was confusing and he made a nice audible.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson