What a conundrum

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dback Jon
Then what do the Cards do?
Bidwill will not sell - does that mean sacrificing MacGinnis and paying heavily to get a "name" coach - someone that players want to play for and has some power?

with our team why would any good coach want to come here anymore than a good player. is not going to happen. Parcells would have laughed if he had been offered the job here.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is there anything the NFL can do?

Let's write to Paul Tagliabue - "Hey, Paul, our owner sucks, make him sell the team." ;)

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wildfire
Would some of you PLEASE throw yourselves on a sword or something.

The "poor me pity party" that some of you are attending, along with beating yourselves with a wet, leather, spike embeded whip, is about to drive me into the nut house.

Colvin is playing "Trick or Treat" with every team that he's visited and we're blaming Graves and Mac. PLEZZZZZZZZZE, it isn't their fault, we reportedluy gave him one hell of a contract offer.

Stewart, on the other hand, wants a 5 year 25 million contract. Hell, most of us would have had a cow if we had offered that to Jake. Neither one of them is worth it. I can wait for Griese.

I'll give Graves the time that he asked for beofre I start questioning what the Cards are doing. I would suggest that some others here do the same.

In other words, have a cold beer and chill.:thumbup:

That's my whole point Wildfire. If we continue to offer "fair" contracts we're not going to sign guys we need. So we either grossly overpay(like Stewart wants) and then we'd all rip Graves, or we make a move like extending the coach to convince players we have a plan.

I have no problem waiting for Griese if we can't sign Blake(I don't want Kordell). But in the current situation I think we'll end up giving out huge deals to get guys just because we think we have to sign someone. If we're going to do that, I say do it for Mac not a player.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
If Bill Sr. had a heart attack and dies today, what happens to the team?

I know that Tampabay and Washington both ended up selling the team because of the Taxes due.

Any lawyers out there? Tax people?

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AntSports Steve
If Bill Sr. had a heart attack and dies today, what happens to the team?

I know that Tampabay and Washington both ended up selling the team because of the Taxes due.

Any lawyers out there? Tax people?

I would guess his ghost would continue to haunt us for years (-:

If the cards were a publicly traded company we could at least sue Bidwill for failing to run the company in the best interests of shareholders.

pinnacle

Reaction score
if we cannot get any free agents and do not spend near the minimum..this might get the leagues attention.. .they cannot have a team no one will play for and is minor league (if we do not pay the minimum)...

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm with you Wildfire,

The loser's lament is just more sad refrain from most of the same old woo-be'ers that never seem happy unless they have someone or something to criticise.

Every time I see another post like that, I just think of the old hee haw hicks singing their woe, dispair and agony on me song.

A lot of wild suppositions get bandied around that really have nothing of any consequence to back them up, other than, its just that persons "take". Nothing more.

Things like: Mac is a "lame duck" ; Graves is in total control of everything, and Mac is out of the loop; there is no plan; etc....none of this can be substantiated in any way, it's nothing more than a bunch of impatient couch potato QB's crying cause they didn't get their pacifier "yesterday".

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tango,

Every time I see another post like that, I just think of the old hee haw hicks singing their woe, dispair and agony on me song.

If we sing will you dance???? LOL

Its just that persons "take". Nothing more.

Ahh....the purpose of a message board. People expressing their opinions.

Things like: Mac is a "lame duck" ; Graves is in total control of everything, and Mac is out of the loop; there is no plan; etc....none of this can be substantiated in any way, it's nothing more than a bunch of impatient couch potato QB's crying cause they didn't get their pacifier "yesterday".

So, you can not be accused of the same...You have some substanisial (sp) evidence to prove any of your theories?

Tangodnzr

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not the one calling Card management morons and spewing negativity.

There's been nothing "proven" one way or the other at this point.
Time will take care of that. In the meantime, I choose the postive road and will trust Cards management until "otherwise" is proven.

There's been more indication that they know what they are doing than not, at this point. I can delineate those indicators if you'd like, but most of them have been covered by someone so far. Some may just have chosen to ignore them or may not have seen them. My guess is they ignore them, and see only what they want.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
there would not be much taxes due because the worth of this team is less than any team in the NFL based on revenues.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the meantime, I choose the postive road and will trust Cards management until "otherwise" is proven.

And it is just as right for those of us who are fed up with the how things have gone to not trust the Card's management until proven otherwise. I guess your passion leads you to trust and have faith and the passion of those who don't are looking for heads to roll. However, both sides do want the best for the Cards. We all love them. But someone needs to kick *** and take names. I just do not trust them. To date they have not given me enough to believe in their plan. I want to believe but I will not have "Child like faith" for this org no more. It is time to show the cards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave