What’s a prospect that has been mocked to us you really don’t want?

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
I’ve seen the following mocked to us numerous times:

CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Derrick Brown
Tristan Wirfs
Jedrick Willis
Isaiah Simmons
Mekhi Becton
Javon Kinlaw

Anyone else?

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Probably Kinlaw as I don't see him being worthy of a Top 10 pick. I am also not high on Becton but I would be okay with it because protecting our young franchise QB is a priority alongside getting him the weapons he needs to thrive. Everybody else that has been mainly mocked to us would be fine with me.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Becton first.
Brown second.

I'm even happy with Wills now. Just neither of those two.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As I think Krang alluded to I could see the Giants selecting Becton. Even though Solder has been underwhelming he’s still okay and gives them a year to be patient. Gettleman has the stones to do it.

Also I’m not drafting Simmons without Belichick or LeBeau running the defense or else his talents wouldn’t be maxed out. A guy like Derrick Brown would be a beast regardless of the situation.

Frank The Fixer

Veteran
Reaction score
I don’t believe a receiver at #8 is a luxury this team can afford. So I’m not thrilled with the thought of Lamb or Jeudy but I won’t complain if that’s the direction they go.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No to Deone Bucannon II (Simmons)

Simmons measured in at the combine at 6'4 238. I think any thoughts of him being an "undersized" linebacker are gone. He is pretty much the ideal WILB in a 3-4 and we would not be forcing him into a new position. He could easily play at around 245, and his speed and coverage ability are going to be huge bonuses in coverage and also as a blitzer. He has championship experience, is coming from an elite program, and has production to match the measurables.

IMO he and Chase Young are the two most "cant miss" prospects in the draft. I just dont see anyway this guy is not at least an above average LB in the NFL for years.

He is my #1 choice right now, but I don't think he makes it to 8.

Then I would go with Brown, Okudah, Lamb, and Jeudy.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we take (which we wont) Kinlaw at 8, I would go find the shirts I vomited on when we took leinart, nkimdiche and reddick, put them in a pile, puke on them again, set the pile on fire, get nauseated all over again by the burning stench and extinguish it with painful dry-heaving bile.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No to Deone Bucannon II (Simmons)

your talking about a whole different player. Bucannon was drafted to play SS and was moved to LB when Washington flamed out and Dansby left us hanging. Leaving a huge hole that year. Credit to him for stepping up and being a team guy.

Simmons is a monster he’s huge and your talking about a different level of talent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As I think Krang alluded to I could see the Giants selecting Becton. Even though Solder has been underwhelming he’s still okay and gives them a year to be patient. Gettleman has the stones to do it.

Also I’m not drafting Simmons without Belichick or LeBeau running the defense or else his talents wouldn’t be maxed out. A guy like Derrick Brown would be a beast regardless of the situation.

The buzz for Becton is real. Massive man, doesnt just win his matchups, he dominates them. Look at what he did to the pair of highly regarded Notre Dame pass rushers....he pretty won every snap.

He ran a 5.1 40. That is very fast for a nearly 6'8, 360 lb man. Also compare his physique to other men that are 360. He is not a tubby big.guy. He has fairly long arms and very quick feet, which means he is ridiculously hard to get around.

The player I'm iffy on: Simmons. My reasoning? Yes he was a jack of all trades, but was he a master of any of them?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The buzz for Becton is real. Massive man, doesnt just win his matchups, he dominates them. Look at what he did to the pair of highly regarded Notre Dame pass rushers....he pretty won every snap.

He ran a 5.1 40. That is very fast for a nearly 6'8, 360 lb man. Also compare his physique to other men that are 360. He is not a tubby big.guy. He has fairly long arms and very quick feet, which means he is ridiculously hard to get around.

The player I'm iffy on: Simmons. My reasoning? Yes he was a jack of all trades, but was he a master of any of them?

same thing with Wirfs he’s off the charts physical freak, then why weren’t you better? Cause Becton wasn’t even thought of as the top tackle till after the season. He wasn’t that dominate in school

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
same thing with Wirfs he’s off the charts physical freak, then why weren’t you better? Cause Becton wasn’t even thought of as the top tackle till after the season. He wasn’t that dominate in school

He was....by scouts....by people who are paid to find talent, not draft media fan boys.

He isnt a hype driven talent.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Kinlaw for me. The production just does dot seem to match the hype. Seems like a different guy, but the production vs hype reminds me to much of Diche. In the 20s it was bad but at 8 it would be real bad!
He was double teamed alot I agree his production isnt what you would expect from a top 10 guy but I personally think that is more based on how much attention he was given. Becton scares me the most great run blocker dont like his pass pro set but that can be learned Simmons is to position less but that is the trend he isnt an ILB in any scheme so everytime I read he is an ILB I laugh he isnt anywhere close to to being an ILB let's call him a slot corner/TE cover guy

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bucannon was forced into being the smallest linebacker in the NFL by necessity. They even gave it a new name, since it didn't make sense. ($ backer)

Simmons will be one of the biggest linebackers in the NFL the day he gets drafted. Faster, stronger and bigger than Buc by a lot. I liked Deone, but he was a super SS that never got to play there by the "Draft Em and Change Their Position" squad in the front office.