Western Conference

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...7831ce-aec7-11e7-9b93-b97043e57a22_story.html

I hope this link works. Sometimes they try to make you pay to subscribe to the WashingtonPost. The preview is very good. They list key addition/losses and outlooks.

Wow I forgot how many players were added in the west. Too many to make even an attempt to start listing them all. If you look at this article you'll see what the suns are up against. Even the Lakers (who are on par with the Suns) added Brook Lopez with Lonzo Ball. The west is so scary!

One thing I noticed though is a maybe a couple teams out west might need Bledsoe to make a playoff push. I mean Chriss Paul left the clippers... couldn't they use Bled? Plus there was another team that could use a scorer...

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup the west is super loaded about as deep as it's ever been. The aren't in position to make a run anytime soon, so why not make the most of what we have.

Bledsoe, Chandler, Dudley, Knight, Warren and Bender. Those are guys id be willing to part with to gain assets. I'd rather keep Chandler and Dudley just for veteran leadership.

I say play the young guys and stock pile draft picks

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's way too early to give up on Bender, I'm more in favor of trading Chriss. Having just resigned Warren I'm not in favor of trading him either. Unless we get someone who is an obvious upgrade though I wouldn't trade any of those 3, with Chriss being the preference of who was moved out of any of them.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Sheesh. A couple teams got worse (Jazz Clippers), a couple treaded water (Blazers Grizz) and the rest got better.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know the Blazers didn't make any big moves but adding Nurkic at the deadline last year will pay off this year, he helped them make a big playoff push before going down. They were under 24-35 when they acquired him and then went 17-6 to finish 41-41.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now I found the team who could use some scoring...it was the Jazz. If they want to stay in the playoffs they could use Bledsoe.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was kind of thinking last night like "Len is looking better...we have Jackson... Booker/Chriss/Bender could be better...do we have a shot at the playoffs?? Then I come across this Western Conference preview then it's like heck no we don't! If the suns were put in the Eastern Conference maybe...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know the Blazers didn't make any big moves but adding Nurkic at the deadline last year will pay off this year, he helped them make a big playoff push before going down. They were under 24-35 when they acquired him and then went 17-6 to finish 41-41.

The Blazers also had a nice draft adding Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan. I like what they are doing adding young talent to their front court while already having a devastating back court. If Nurkic can stay healthy, they will be tough.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now I found the team who could use some scoring...it was the Jazz. If they want to stay in the playoffs they could use Bledsoe.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Favors, always liked him, however without Bledsoe he makes little to no sense and Bledsoe is probably the only piece we could trade for him straight up.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Blazers also had a nice draft adding Zach Collins and Caleb Swanigan. I like what they are doing adding young talent to their front court while already having a devastating back court. If Nurkic can stay healthy, they will be tough.

The Blazers are a team the Suns should look at, I know I compare the 2. They've taken on some projects since Aldridge left and a lot haven't paid off but with their backcourt it's surprising they've made the playoffs both years since Aldridge left. If they can do it the Suns should be able but coaching is a big difference between the two. Stotts is a solid NBA coach who doesn't get his due and Lillard is also very underrated.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind taking a shot on Favors, always liked him, however without Bledsoe he makes little to no sense and Bledsoe is probably the only piece we could trade for him straight up.

Favors is an expiring contract though. If the Suns could keep him, I'd be interested. Bledsoe is worth more than an expiring contract.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Blazers are a team the Suns should look at, I know I compare the 2. They've taken on some projects since Aldridge left and a lot haven't paid off but with their backcourt it's surprising they've made the playoffs both years since Aldridge left. If they can do it the Suns should be able but coaching is a big difference between the two. Stotts is a solid NBA coach who doesn't get his due and Lillard is also very underrated.

I find myself comparing the two teams as well. Their model is worth looking at as you note.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one comparing the Suns with the Blazers. Lillard is better The Blazers also have the edge because they're used to winning, whereas the Suns have their 7 year playoff drought. Comparing our rosters is almost a wash, except now at Center since they got Nurkic.

We have better talent at other positions, while their talent is more established with better chemistry together. Like I said, coaching is a big discrepancy and hopefully Watson has a better plan this year to bolster ball movement to help our offense flow better. Jackson can be a playmaker, Ulis is a good playmaker, and Warren is great and cutting and moving without the ball. I think Booker actually took a step back last year moving without the ball, because he was expecting it more often, hopefully he can get back to moving more without it and also be a willing playmaker since defenses will be zero-ing in on him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Utah is struggling, I wonder what it would cost for Favors? Of course that depends on how Bender and Chriss are doing also. With Exum's injury history though they may be one of the few teams who might be interested in Knight, if he wasn't hurt. They could use a scoring PG who is locked in long term since players seem to bail on them quite often.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Clippers might call for Bledsoe, if the euro point guard that they sign flops. I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The Clippers might call for Bledsoe, if the euro point guard that they sign flops. I am not holding my breath for that to happen.

Teodosic is not going to flop. Trust me, that kid is amazing. He would be meaningless for a young team due to his age, but on an established team, he will do just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn