Welcome to the Valley: Bol Bol

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember watching league highlights and he started the season red hot. He had a little phenom stretch going. I didn't know about the covid. Just knew he ended up deep on the back end of the rotation.
I got Covid in March and it took me 8 weeks to start feeling human again. I was never in danger, just sick for a long time.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got Covid in March and it took me 8 weeks to start feeling human again. I was never in danger, just sick for a long time.
I am now on an inhaler after Covid. Played sports all growing up and adult rec leagues and never had a single issue breathing until COVID. It jacked up my lungs and it's been going on a year and half. Doc has no idea if this is slow healing or permanent.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let's hope Toumani Camara develops into a rotation player because the Suns have him under contract for four years. Also, the Suns have two trade exceptions that can be used by February.

Additionally, they have first round draft picks every other year, plus the second round picks they acquired in pick swaps.

Bottom line, the Suns need to be good at finding and developing young players to add to their core.

My guess is Mat Ishbia is going to invest in additional scouting and a G-League team so the team can sustain itself going forward.

How does those odd year first rounders work in a trade? We can only trade those on draft day right? Like we draft a player and then trade that player away.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does those odd year first rounders work in a trade? We can only trade those on draft day right? Like we draft a player and then trade that player away.

Kind of. We can trade the pick as soon as the draft starts. We don't necessarily have to pick for someone else.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am now on an inhaler after Covid. Played sports all growing up and adult rec leagues and never had a single issue breathing until COVID. It jacked up my lungs and it's been going on a year and half. Doc has no idea if this is slow healing or permanent.
I hope it gets better. I know a lady that had lung problems before covid and she is really jacked now. Other people seem OK like getting over the flue. It's a weird disease.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hoop Head and you have it right. The Suns can trade the rights to their odd year first rounder once the draft pick begins.

It wouldn't shock me if the Suns traded down for more second round picks.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I hope it gets better. I know a lady that had lung problems before covid and she is really jacked now. Other people seem OK like getting over the flue. It's a weird disease.
So sorry to hear that. Covid affects everyone differently.
So sorry to hear that. Covid affects everyone differently. Here's to a speedy recovery back to your pre-covid self.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Narrative about him in college and early pros was that he didnt love the game and had no passion for it. Maybe that’s changed, but theres a reason why a guy with his potential and height went unclaimed off waivers with only a $2.2 mil contract.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Narrative about him in college and early pros was that he didnt love the game and had no passion for it. Maybe that’s changed, but theres a reason why a guy with his potential and height went unclaimed off waivers with only a $2.2 mil contract.
Lots of people lose out because they are convinced that if no one else is interested, it must be a bad deal. Teams need to do their own due diligence and trust their own scouting.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I got it and didn't even know I had it. I felt great, but my aunt has been in bed for 6 months from it.

Just because I know you guys, No I didn't give it to her she's in NY. :p

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I got it and didn't even know I had it. I felt great, but my aunt has been in bed for 6 months from it.

Just because I know you guys, No I didn't give it to her she's in NY. :p
Yeah, my wife and kid got it bad. I had 3-4 shots when I got it and it wasn't that bad. Still I had weird side affects, and I think it did affect my stamina. I actually think the shots did make it milder for me.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
All the min. signings except for Damion are in to fight for playing time to show their value to the league, in order to get a better pay day next season. With all except top 4 are of the same type contracts, it's a credible promise by the mgmt and coach that there is no favorism and hidden agenda, that we'd handle the playing time fair and square, solely to serve the purpose of winning. Except for Okogie and Damion, all we can offer next year is another min. contract.
So, Bol is in the same boat like all the others. Why he wants to sign here? I guess he knew his weakness and wanted to learn from his idol KD and train with a good coach like Vogel.
Damion would be the 1st person i would cut from the roster if room was needed. He is the worst defender on the team and its not even close - he was also brick city at the end when they needed him

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Let's hope Toumani Camara develops into a rotation player because the Suns have him under contract for four years. Also, the Suns have two trade exceptions that can be used by February.

Additionally, they have first round draft picks every other year, plus the second round picks they acquired in pick swaps.

Bottom line, the Suns need to be good at finding and developing young players to add to their core.

My guess is Mat Ishbia is going to invest in additional scouting and a G-League team so the team can sustain itself going forward.
They will also have whatever draft capital they can get by shipping off DA which will happen

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is assuming the Suns can get desirable parts for Ayton in a sign and trade.

It would be so much easier if Ayton played close to his ability.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Damion would be the 1st person i would cut from the roster if room was needed. He is the worst defender on the team and its not even close - he was also brick city at the end when they needed him
Agree. Damion passed up a lot of 3pt shots to drive instead, at which he's simply not effective at all, as if not lowering his 3pt %. Add his bad defense to it, I was surprised they brought him back the first moment of FA. Now Eric is here, there is really no need for him, in particular once Watanabe proves his old Nets form for 3pt shots.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be able to move like that at 7-2 or 7-3 is quite amazing. Hopefully, he will be able to remain healthy.

Being in Phoenix might be the best thing that happens to Bol's career. He will not be able to focus on his offense so much. If he is going to stay on the court, he is going to have to defend, block shots, rebound, and move without the ball. If he develops that part of his game, he will have a great career.

It just won't be with the Suns since someone will sign him away next year.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
To be able to move like that at 7-2 or 7-3 is quite amazing. Hopefully, he will be able to remain healthy.

Being in Phoenix might be the best thing that happens to Bol's career. He will not be able to focus on his offense so much. If he is going to stay on the court, he is going to have to defend, block shots, rebound, and move without the ball. If he develops that part of his game, he will have a great career.

It just won't be with the Suns since someone will sign him away next year.
I noticed he's a bit of a long strider when he plays defense. That hurts him when the smaller guys are using quickness and change of direction. Someone needs to help him with his footwork when playing defense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I noticed he's a bit of a long strider when he plays defense. That hurts him when the smaller guys are using quickness and change of direction. Someone needs to help him with his footwork when playing defense.
Kinda hard to not be a long strider when his legs go to his armpits like that.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
He can learn from Eubanks and Okogie, both are great at defensive footwork and timing

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd