Welcome Cam Johnson

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Ugh... on the bright side, we normally get really good draft grades, but then the players end up sucking... we definitely aren't going to get a good grade this year so maybe the player will actually work out.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
the ESPN guys didn't even talk about what he means for the Suns. Just that Bower always had a ***** for him.

Another Bower ***** Bust?

“But Bower was terrible at evaluating talent. In 2006 he drafted Hilton Armstrong and Cedric Simmons with top-15 picks. Both were busts. That season he passed on Thabo Sefolosha, PJ Tucker, and Paul Millsap.

In 2007, he took Julian Wright, who had no discernible basketball skills, over Rodney Stuckey, Nick Young, Marco Belinelli, Jared Dudley, Wilson Chandler, Arron Affalo, Glen Davis, and Marc Gasol.

The next year he drafted and traded Darrell Arthur for cash, when New Orleans could have taken DeAndre Jordan.

And in 2010, his final draft yielded Cole Aldrich.

That kind of failure in the draft kills a team like New Orleans, especially when the owner, George Shinn, was tightening the budget each season.

So two years after making the semis, the Hornets were back in the lottery.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Ugh... on the bright side, we normally get really good draft grades, but then the players end up sucking... we definitely aren't going to get a good grade this year so maybe the player will actually work out.

Keep digging for that pony.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think so.

The guy is already 23 and still very one dimensional. This just looks like a BAD pick.

Raindog

Reaction score
Another Bower ***** Bust?

“But Bower was terrible at evaluating talent. In 2006 he drafted Hilton Armstrong and Cedric Simmons with top-15 picks. Both were busts. That season he passed on Thabo Sefolosha, PJ Tucker, and Paul Millsap.

In 2007, he took Julian Wright, who had no discernible basketball skills, over Rodney Stuckey, Nick Young, Marco Belinelli, Jared Dudley, Wilson Chandler, Arron Affalo, Glen Davis, and Marc Gasol.

The next year he drafted and traded Darrell Arthur for cash, when New Orleans could have taken DeAndre Jordan.

And in 2010, his final draft yielded Cole Aldrich.

That kind of failure in the draft kills a team like New Orleans, especially when the owner, George Shinn, was tightening the budget each season.

So two years after making the semis, the Hornets were back in the lottery.”

Yeah, someone remind me why we hired this failure again?

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
James Jones just killed all my excitement and hope for the Suns in just a couple of hours. Just absolutely horrific pick that will make sure we stay the laughing stock of the NBA for many years to come.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no other team this incompetent. If any other team had made this pick I would have been worried they were picking for the Suns.

ha! ouch.

In the word of a chuckling Brendan Haywood:

"Phoenix is gonna Phoenix!"

Truer words...

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not surprised...... Could have had Coby. Now we may watch them trade Josh and renounce Rishaun only to go get D'Angelo.

This team is a poo show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so... who we tanking for next year... that we'll probably lose out on in the lottery again?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm a North Carolina guy and love Cam but not this early. Wow I'm in total shock we picked a SF speechless

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Here is what I sent my account executive after today and the "Meet the GM, Coach, and Draft pick"

Hello *****

Please cancel these tickets. After today, we won’t be attending these events.

I wish you luck in the future.

Good for you I would have done the same

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe we are wrong. Maybe the Suns have just decided to tank on draft night for the number one pick.......oh wait.......the draft rules are different......never mind fans. This is the best draft ever.

:sarcasm:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a North Carolina guy and love Cam but not this early. Wow I'm in total shock we picked a SF speechless

we're the NBA equivalent of Matt Millen's Detroit Lions who kept drafting WRs every year in the first round.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
SMALL FORWARDS ARE EVERYTHING!!!!

--Sarver pillowtalk to James Jones

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick response

I won’t be changing my mind

Please don’t waste your time inviting me to these things in the future.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:20 PM
To: Chris Sanders
Subject: RE: Inside the Huddle Invitation

Hey Chris –

Tickets to Inside the Huddle is free. If you change your mind on attending Monday, let me know!

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
we're the NBA equivalent of Matt Millen's Detroit Lions who kept drafting WRs every year in the first round.

I'd wager the Lions at least had a fully staffed scouting department and I can't recall Millen ever saying anything like "There's a perception of what a GM is and what a GM does, that you have to log the hours and open up the laptop. I've never purported to be that guy," .

Shouldn't be surprised we picked someone from a major school with regular national TV exposure.

Raindog

Reaction score
Quick response

I won’t be changing my mind

Please don’t waste your time inviting me to these things in the future.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:20 PM
To: Chris Sanders
Subject: RE: Inside the Huddle Invitation

Hey Chris –

Tickets to Inside the Huddle is free. If you change your mind on attending Monday, let me know!

You should have responded that you would attend... but only in exchange for cash considerations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard