Week 16 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/22/24-04/28/24

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think people are understating how critical it will be for Monti to get this draft "right". I don't think Monti can mess this one up and field an above .500 team in 2025.

When your whole stated plan is that you are going to build through the draft, I think it is pretty obvious that Monti needs to hit on a bunch of his picks. Going 0 for 11 would set this team back for years.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think people are understating how critical it will be for Monti to get this draft "right". I don't think Monti can mess this one up and field an above .500 team in 2025.

I don't know. Some teams can luck into a .500 record while not begin good or talented. Seattle was 9-8 last season and fired their coach. Indy and Jacksonville bumbleforked their way into above-.500 seasons. Cincy was over .500 last year!

I think in 2025 Gannon and Monti should be under pressure to make the playoffs, which is a different beast.

When your whole stated plan is that you are going to build through the draft, I think it is pretty obvious that Monti needs to hit on a bunch of his picks. Going 0 for 11 would set this team back for years.

What a weird metric. Obviously you're going to get some dudes who are serviceable through their first contracts in every draft -- even Keim did that.

Charitably Monti went five for nine getting NFL roster-quality players in this draft, and (hopefully) four for nine in getting NFL starter-quality players. Monti has to do better to continue improving and add one or (probably) two NFL star-quality players to the zero he's drafted so far.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A 2 for 11 might set this team back for years. Kyler turns 27 this year. The slow rebuild could end in the need for a new QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't know. Some teams can luck into a .500 record while not begin good or talented. Seattle was 9-8 last season and fired their coach. Indy and Jacksonville bumbleforked their way into above-.500 seasons. Cincy was over .500 last year!

I think in 2025 Gannon and Monti should be under pressure to make the playoffs, which is a different beast.

What a weird metric. Obviously you're going to get some dudes who are serviceable through their first contracts in every draft -- even Keim did that.

Charitably Monti went five for nine getting NFL roster-quality players in this draft, and (hopefully) four for nine in getting NFL starter-quality players. Monti has to do better to continue improving and add one or (probably) two NFL star-quality players to the zero he's drafted so far.
I get that, but the NFC West has recently been a tougher hill to climb. Just my opinion. Seattle taking a big step back would helpful.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I get that, but the NFC West has recently been a tougher hill to climb. Just my opinion. Seattle taking a big step back would helpful.
Two years from now a lot could look different. I think you just have to build the team you have. What I know for sure is that most or all of the 2023 and 2024 draft classes will be on that roster, and so will Kyler Murray.

Who else, though?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
2025? That's a bit of an exaggeration. But this draft is very important. IMO, the foundation of our team for the next ten years....if it goes right

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Keim I could nearly guess his picks with his love of short WRs in rounds 2-3 and small school darlings in 3-5.

Having someone who can be unpredictable on draft day is fun.

The only thing that really stood out to me last year was that we drafted guys off our top 30 visit list. I expect that to happen again

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
With Keim I could nearly guess his picks with his love of short WRs in rounds 2-3 and small school darlings in 3-5.

Having someone who can be unpredictable on draft day is fun.

The only thing that really stood out to me last year was that we drafted guys off our top 30 visit list. I expect that to happen again
Agree . Keim almost never drafted top 30 visits.
I'm kinda stoked about it this year because I like a lot of the kids they brought in .
Just wish they would have brought in more trench guys

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn