Week 13- LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
You see teams every week taking someone off COVID or IR the day before a game. Now, if he were pretty sick, then I'd agree with Urban without a doubt...but if his symptoms were mild or he was asymptomatic, I'd say he can still suit up, if he makes it back by tomorrow.

I think they'd at least want to see him practice first before just throwing him into a game, especially against the Rams.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams just too physical for us. Won't get anything running inside on them. Will force many third and longs that they will feast on. Hope I am wrong. Like others I am still sick about the Pats game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rams just too physical for us. Won't get anything running inside on them. Will force many third and longs that they will feast on. Hope I am wrong. Like others I am still sick about the Pats game.

that pats game sticks so much because a) we should have killed them b) they're not good and they didn't even play well and c) it was the cushion W we needed to not be on the edge for the last five games of the year to make the playoffs.

If we're 7-4 with the Eagles, Niners and Giants on the schedule, I'm feeling really good about our chances at the playoffs, being 3 games over .500. This week's game wouldn't feel like the possible end all be all because if we lost, we'd still be 2 games over .500 with three winnable games right in front of us. But lose and it's a three game losing streak, and losing 4 of 5 and probably being tied for that last spot and having to win out or at least win 3 of 4 to even have a shot of making the playoffs.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think the plan should be simple, if we win the flip, we're taking the ball and we're going to score a TD. None of this defer to 2nd half take the ball and go right after them. Show your players you have confidence and go get it.
Not saying you do that every game but we're one hail mary away from 3 straight losses we need to change something

I like deferring to the 2nd half and if we execute at the end of 2nd QTR vs the Pats...you see why.

I do understand your point about making a statement vs the Rams but I still think the 2nd half is more important.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like deferring to the 2nd half and if we execute at the end of 2nd QTR vs the Pats...you see why.

I do understand your point about making a statement vs the Rams but I still think the 2nd half is more important.

normally I'm a defer guy too. I just think the way things are going, make a change. Tell your team all week unless they win the toss and keep it, we're going to take the ball first, if they defer we get it, if we win we're keeping it. Here's our first 15 plays, that should cover 2 scoring drives.

I'm just saying change some things up.

First play from scrimmage play action to Drake have at least one deep route if it's open, let it rip, if it's not run Drake on a delayed route. Or hell run that set with Maxx at FB and have him and Drake both lead Kyler outside left and let them know he's healthy and he's going to run today

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Still vividly remember that one and the OT picksix against the Texans.

Too bad we never got to see him and PP in the same backfield. But hey Kolb was worth it!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think if we win this matchup, we’ll get blown out in the Week 17 matchup. Kind of like how in 2015 against Seattle.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Slaughtered. 0-6 against the Rams in the McVay era. And the point differential has to be massive.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slaughtered. 0-6 against the Rams in the McVay era. And the point differential has to be massive.

yeah. I see a 30-17 pounding where the score won’t be indicative as far as how ugly it will be.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards have lost by average of around 23pts in that 6 game span against McVay. Im just getting my mind right for 6-6 and the ensuring panic at this pt.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
34-0
31-9
34-7
31-24

That's our last 4.

130 - 40 in the Wilkes/Kingsbury era. That's a world class level mic drop by Sean McVay IMO.

They have matchups all over the field that we just can't scheme up well.

Kupp & Woods kill us. And their screen game is light years ahead.
Higbee may go off also depending on the amount of misdirection they throw at us.
And most importantly, our pass rush is unable to pressure Goff in any meaningful way.

Seriously...... Their misdirection game destroys us on half of the plays they run. I can't see how anyone would feel good about tomorrow. Especially with how we have been playing.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Under McVay, Rams Dominate Cardinals to Tune of 195-56

"Whether it was with Bruce Arians as head coach in 2017, Steve Wilks in 2018 or Kliff Kingsbury last season, the Rams have scored at least 31 points in all six games and have outscored Arizona 195-56."

"In McVay's tenure against the Cardinals, there have been two shutouts – 33-0 in London in 2017 and 34-0 in 2018 in Los Angeles. In games at State Farm Stadium, the total is 97-32 with scores of 32-16 in 2017, 31-9 in 2018 and 34-7 in 2019."

"However, the one game that provides the Cardinals hope is the final game of last season in Los Angeles, which the Rams won 31-24. The five previous games were decided by a combined count of 164-32."

https://www.si.com/nfl/cardinals/news/can-cardinals-find-way-beat-rams

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
34-0
Higbee may go off also depending on the amount of misdirection they throw at us.
And most importantly, our pass rush is unable to pressure Goff in any meaningful way.

Seriously...... Their misdirection game destroys us on half of the plays they run. I can't see how anyone would feel good about tomorrow. Especially with how we have been playing.

100% agree on misdirection stuff...kills us every time.

I don't think Higbee is a factor (hasn't been all year and we are much better vs TE).

Our CB's may be the best 3 we have had since McVay? Even though PP21 is not at this best. PP21/Kirkpatrick/Murphy are solid.

You hit the nail on the head with Goff...we have to get pressure on him to win. The only victory we have is his rookie season where we got 7 sacks.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Kyler Murray in 2 starts vs Rams/McVay:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave