Week 13- LA Rams @ Arizona Cardinals Pre Game Thread. 2020

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Ronin, Nov 30, 2020.

1. JosiahLee

JosiahLee Registered

Ain’t that the truth. But can they really pull this off when Kyler is still clearly hurt? I don’t know...I stand by the idea this offense isn’t special without the X factor of Kyler’s legs (which again is so infuriating bc you would think they would be using this weapon more if the shoulder is an issue)

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

Kyler got the Questionable tag today.

3. Finito

Finito Registered

people talking about coaching and everything else but this. He’s clearly hurt and being told not to run. I haven’t seen any designed runs lately.

should be interesting

4. Hoodhero

Hoodhero Registered

Justin Murray getting healthy. Im not blaming him entirely but Oline hasn't been the same since Sweezy got his spot back.

5. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

ac joint injuries are 4-6 timeline.

He is going to have to take a step in the passing game and getting comfortable with his reads as @BritCard broke down

This team is going to leave and die off of Kyler taking the text step as a pocket passer. Especially with him not fully healthy enough to take hits in the run game.

He has the surreal arm talent, can he and coaching ease him through this hard place.

He is going to have to "make" Kirk and Isabella.

They arent capable of winning their match ups 1-1, so he needs to play at an elite level as a passer to help them create.

Rodgers struggled with this at times so I can imagine its hard for Kyler.

TE are mostly non-factors in the pass game.

Only real weapons are Hop and Edmonds. Kliff is going to have to elevate his game tremendously as well.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    PACardsFan likes this.
  6. JosiahLee

JosiahLee Registered

This is what I fear the most, that he actually won’t be healthy for the remainder of the season.

I think they will have to at least go 3-2 & possibly even 4-1 down the stretch to make the playoffs. And let’s be real, 4-1 doesn’t even feel in the realm of possible watching this team play the last month.

Coaching staff definitely needs to step up and find ways to get Hop the ball.

7. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Yep. Sweezy it garbage. Need him out.

PACardsFan and Krangthebrain like this.
  8. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Kool Aid with a touch of vodka

Yeah, but if we play that soft zone... Copper Kupp is going to kick us in the cup all day long lol

Harry, PACardsFan and Krangthebrain like this.
  9. BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan Go for it Contributor

Here's a little good news.

We aren't in the top 18 this time of year.

According to the NFL, here is the current draft order. It is determined by record, with strength of schedule as the first tiebreaker. The draft order for playoff teams is determined by the results of postseason play, so the teams currently holding playoff spots are not listed.

1. Jets, 0-11
    2. Jaguars, 1-10
    3. Bengals, 2-8-1
    4. Chargers, 3-8
    5. Cowboys, 3-8
    6. Eagles, 3-7-1
    7. Panthers 4-8
    8. Washington Football Team, 4-7
    9. Lions, 4-7
    10. Falcons, 4-7
    11. Dolphins (from Texans), Texans 4-7
    12. Broncos, 4-7
    13. Vikings, 5-6
    14. Patriots, 5-6
    15. 49ers, 5-6
    16. Bears, 5-6
    17. Raiders, 6-5
    18. Ravens, 6-5

10. BullheadCardFan

Kyler Murray limited by shoulder injury in Wednesday’s practice

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray played every snap in Sunday’s loss and insisted he “didn’t adjust anything” because of his shoulder injury.

(It’s obviously just coincidence that he hurt his shoulder in the Seattle game and in that game and last week’s game against the Patriots he tied his season low for carries in a game with five in each contest after double-digit carries in the four games before that.)

But Murray remains on the practice report with a right shoulder injury. He was limited Wednesday after being limited Wednesday and Thursday of last week.

He was 23-of-34 for 170 yards and an interception against the Patriots and ran five times for 31 yards after running five times for 15 yards the previous week against the Seahawks. Murray averaged 12 carries and 77 yards per game in the four games that preceded the loss to Seattle.

Receiver DeAndre Hopkins (not injury related), offensive lineman Justin Pugh (ankle), safety Jalen Thompson (ankle) and safety Charles Washington (groin) did not practice Wednesday.

Defensive lineman Zach Alen (ankle), tight end Dan Arnold (knee), cornerback Johnathan Joseph (ankle/knee), defensive lineman Rashard Lawrence (calf) and linebacker Tanner Vallejo (concussion) were limited.

11. AZfaninMN

AZfaninMN Registered

Since McVay has taken over the rams, they’re 6-0 and averaging 32.5 points per game against us. We’ve scored 56 total points in that same time frame. I’ll maintain my optimism like always. It’s a must win and we’re desperate for a W to stay in the playoff race. Their a physical team, so hopefully KK doesn’t try to out physical then and gets back to being a little more creative.

WisconsinCard likes this.
  12. BullheadCardFan

13. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

I think that is misleading, teams aren't really blitzing that much they're bringing guys but they're stopping and trying to contain Kyler in the pocket and then jump to impact passing lanes. Every now and then yes we see a real blitz with the intent to get Kyler but mostly they're trying to keep him in the pocket, which they've always done. It's working right now because he has a shoulder problem so he's less willing to run.

I do think KK has to dial up some things, screens etc to counter it, and yes as others said we have to attack the middle more.

We've been waiting all year to unleash Dan Arnold but it's interesting Maxx is playing much more because he's such a good run blocker.

BullheadCardFan likes this.
  14. blindseyed

blindseyed I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita

This is one of those games we should lose and end up winning on a few big plays

Red on White likes this.
  15. JohnnyCakes

JohnnyCakes Rookie

I believe the thinking is do not subject KM to contact of any sort until shoulder heals. One good crunch and it could go from bad to worse.

By now i think everyone knows Kyler Murray is hurt, It may nd up costing the Cardinals the season.

PACardsFan likes this.