We are stuck with Keim, Kliff and Kyler for a long time...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I’ll never understand people who are actually fans of the Bidwills. I can understand if you don’t hate them/think they’re terrible like a lot of us do here, but why do you hope they never sell is odd to me.

Is it Just because they’ve owned the team for so long? If we could get an ownership group that had much deeper pockets that could make the team more competitive every year, your still rather have the Bidwills, who at their best have been able to keep the team competitive for 2 or 3 year stretches at best?
Ownership is not going to change so if people don’t like it, it’s probably time to find a new team. Just sayin

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ownership is not going to change so if people don’t like it, it’s probably time to find a new team. Just sayin
Yeah... and it's dumb to tell people to leave. For people with 30 years (or much more) watching this team, being a Cardinals fan isn't a choice at this point. It's a curse baked into the cake.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably, the last time I did, was when they left St. Louis. Thought they should have stayed, and didn't feel that they would be treated fairly by the people who convinced them to leave. But, once they were able to get a new stadium, my feelings, about AZ changed, and I felt that the playing field was being leveled. Since then I'm all in.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Yeah... and it's dumb to tell people to leave. For people with 30 years (or much more) watching this team, being a Cardinals fan isn't a choice at this point. It's a curse baked into the cake.
I joined in 1974. But hey the reality is ownership isn’t changing cheese. You know it, I know it & most know it

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It is also against the rules. Consider this a warning Bucky.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I joined in 1974. But hey the reality is ownership isn’t changing cheese. You know it, I know it & most know it
i acknowledged that. telling people to leave because we're stuck with bad owners is just lame. we all know the score and we're all addicted to the pain. unless the Bidwills were outed as Sarver-esque, there's nothing that can break that addiction.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i acknowledged that. telling people to leave because we're stuck with bad owners is just lame. we all know the score and we're all addicted to the pain. unless the Bidwills were outed as Sarver-esque, there's nothing that can break that addiction.
Funny you should mention that. I just texted abomb and Mulli this just last night semi-hoping that someone would find some dirt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. I just texted abomb and Mulli this just last night semi-hoping that someone would find some dirt.
like it would matter as far as the league is concerned. it basically didn't in the NBA. But it does to me. I'm done being a Suns fan as long as Sarver is still owner.

I feel bad for the players but SCREW the rest of the owners for standing behind that racist, misogynist, sexist pig.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like it would matter as far as the league is concerned. it basically didn't in the NBA. But it does to me. I'm done being a Suns fan as long as Sarver is still owner.

I feel bad for the players but SCREW the rest of the entire organization for standing behind that racist, misogynist, sexist pig.
Agreed. That was basically my stance as well. I pretty much stopped watching the NBA after the last lockout 10+ years ago. Prior to that, I probably missed only a dozen Suns games in 20 years. I really don't miss it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. That was basically my stance as well. I pretty much stopped watching the NBA after the last lockout 10+ years ago. Prior to that, I probably missed only a dozen Suns games in 20 years. I really don't miss it.
makes me a little sad because after not really caring about the Suns for a good decade when Sarver was wrecking them on the coirt, the last two years, the Suns have been a literal ray of light for me during some really dark personal days throughout the height of the pandemic. But I just can't support a team with Sarver as the head of the snake at this point. and really the entire league because of how Silver and the owners are covering for him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
makes me a little sad because after not really caring about the Suns for a good decade when Sarver was wrecking them on the coirt, the last two years, the Suns have been a literal ray of light for me during some really dark personal days throughout the height of the pandemic. But I just can't support a team with Sarver as the head of the snake at this point. and really the entire league because of how Silver and the owners are covering for him.
I’d hate to tell you some things about Dan Snyder my guy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will admit that I watched a few of the playoff games the past couple of years. I still want the Suns to win a title. I dedicated a large portion of my life to supporting that team. It just isn't a priority for me at all anymore. You could have never told me that as a teen/young adult. I was a bigger Suns than Cards fan.

Buckybird

Reaction score
It is also against the rules. Consider this a warning Bucky.
Good lord lol
I didn’t mention anyone’s name, didn’t even intend it was cheese & last time I checked there’s a choice to whom a person cheers for. It was a general term with nobody called out or intended for. Maddening, oh well gotcha

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord lol
I didn’t mention anyone’s name, didn’t even intend it was cheese & last time I checked there’s a choice to whom a person cheers for. It was a general term with nobody called out or intended for. Maddening, oh well gotcha
just for the record, I didn't report that. just making the point... if a lot of us could leave this team, we probably would have by now Buck! it's a horrible addiction.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Some general numbers just so we know where this team is sitting cap space wise. According to Spotrac in 2023, the team will have 31 players under contract absorbing $183,803,961 in cap space. Another $9,203,954 in dead cap so a total of $193,007,915 in cap space committed against a total of $218,200,000 in 2023 predicted salary cap plus $5,956,930 in rollover from 2022 at the moment. This gives them $31,149,015 in available cap space that is available to fill out the other 22 spots on the roster unless they do some manipulation of current contracts.

Of the players under contract are 5 oline players (Hudson, Jones, Humphries, Smith and Hayes) and no special team players (punter. placekicker and long snapper), two CBs (Wilson and Matthews) and two safeties (Baker and Thompson) and two ILBs (Simmons and Collins).

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will admit that I watched a few of the playoff games the past couple of years. I still want the Suns to win a title. I dedicated a large portion of my life to supporting that team. It just isn't a priority for me at all anymore. You could have never told me that as a teen/young adult. I was a bigger Suns than Cards fan.
Pretty much where I'm at. I watched one of the playoff games last season when I was at my son's house for a birthday party.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose