We Are a Terrible Team...

Reaction score
Stout, a good TEAM is exactly what this years Cardinals are. This group of players are not great, though some of them are. But they are ballin' out for their teammates! I mean think about it; they lose Chandler Jones and Dennis freakin' Gardeck becomes a hero; are you kidding me!

They are playing as a TEAM! It's the very thing that gives this team a shot in every game they go into. . .

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
...but I'm just thrilled we won in the end :) I'll take being 6-3 and tied for first right now, thanks very much. I'll take everything we can get, because I know we're not winning it all this year, and I want to enjoy the ride.

Now, we have indicators that we can be a great team in the future.

Kyler is a great QB--although he destroyed our momentum and helped lose us the game--before then miraculously winning the game. Regardless of the mistake, he is great.

Our offense is at times nigh unstoppable. It should only get better.

We flash individually on defense, too.

Our play calling can be lights out.

But, then, often KK can be our own worst enemy with his play calling. Drake ran well but tried to crush the game with his boneheaded, inexcusable mistakes. Though the defense kept us in this one--despite the final drive, they handed the game to the offense on a silver platter--Joseph is garbage and we can't play with consistency. We have no discipline and are far too highly penalized. The offensive line needs to learn how to pass protect, because they're ass at it. Lots of weaknesses, and we just aren't close to being a complete team.

So, we have greatness and the possibility of greatness on this team, but we are terrible as a TEAM at this point in time. Conclusion? Enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts, but don't expect a SB this season.

I can't disagree more..
when winning the major players ( including Murray and K2) mention what they did wrong
And losing, K2 takes it all on himself

Those players will walk thru brick walls for K2.... What a pleasant difference from B. Throw_the_players_under_the_bus Arians

AND ..B.A. was considered uber agressive because he would take
3-4 deep shots per game
K2 routinely goes for it on 4th down
THAT is agressive ( and shows faith in the players who LOVE it)

This is a great TEAM....great...

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I normally agree with you, but we aren't terrible.

We are a team with a lot of flaws, but find ways to stay competitive/winning. I will take that over 2 years ago for sure.

That's fine. I figured I'd get flak and that's okay. Agreed about loving where we're at vs where we were! It's just we're a team with a lot of flaws and can't usually put it all together. With our offensive talent, we should be closer to where Pittsburgh is. I mean, I'm thrilled with last night's game, but we totally choked again, only to be bailed out by a beautiful hail mary. I liken it to what Oaken1 says below:

[QUOTE="oaken1, post: 4339416, member: 1323"]This team has the talent to beat anybody they face.... unfortunately their lack of discipline means they can also lose to anybody they face.

but IMO if they can be firing on all cylinders at the end of December we can make a serious run.... playoff games can be emotional and emotion favors a younger team so long as they have the leadership to stay steady in the crunch[/QUOTE]

That's what is holding us back from being a great team. I suppose I shouldn't have let hyperbole creep in. We're not at all a great team. We're good, but we COULD be great, if we could get out of our own damn way.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
That's fine. I figured I'd get flak and that's okay. Agreed about loving where we're at vs where we were! It's just we're a team with a lot of flaws and can't usually put it all together. With our offensive talent, we should be closer to where Pittsburgh is. I mean, I'm thrilled with last night's game, but we totally choked again, only to be bailed out by a beautiful hail mary. I liken it to what Oaken1 says below:

[QUOTE="oaken1, post: 4339416, member: 1323"]This team has the talent to beat anybody they face.... unfortunately their lack of discipline means they can also lose to anybody they face.

but IMO if they can be firing on all cylinders at the end of December we can make a serious run.... playoff games can be emotional and emotion favors a younger team so long as they have the leadership to stay steady in the crunch

Well there is a big difference between being terrible and not being great. The former just sounds extremely hyperbolic.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has the talent to beat anybody they face.... unfortunately their lack of discipline means they can also lose to anybody they face.

but IMO if they can be firing on all cylinders at the end of December we can make a serious run.... playoff games can be emotional and emotion favors a younger team so long as they have the leadership to stay steady in the crunch
Well said. But it’s that way throughout the NFL. Team A beats team B. Team B beats team C but then team C beats team A.
Most games are won or lost by mistakes. The team that make the most mistakes usually loses.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Which teams don't have a bunch of flaws?

If we lose this game I'd put the loss squarely on Kliff. For some reason he gets all cutesie at points in the game. Maybe the COVID-19 pandemic gave Kliff too much time to come up with crazy plays in his head? Hopefully his trash can is full of crumpled play sheets after these games and he is learning from his mistakes.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team has the talent to beat anybody they face.... unfortunately their lack of discipline means they can also lose to anybody they face.

I agree with just about everything that you said here, but I am still not sure how that makes us a terrible team? We have won twice as many games as he have lost and could/should arguably be 8-1. That's an above average team on the verge of being a pretty special team.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well there is a big difference between being terrible and not being great. The former just sounds extremely hyperbolic.

Which is why I admitted I let hyperbole carry me away ;)

That's what is holding us back from being a great team. I suppose I shouldn't have let hyperbole creep in. We're not at all a great team. We're good, but we COULD be great, if we could get out of our own damn way.

I agree with just about everything that you said here, but I am still not sure how that makes us a terrible team? We have won twice as many games as he have lost and could/should arguably be 8-1. That's an above average team on the verge of being a pretty special team.[/QUOTE]

Ayup. As I said, I fell victim to hyperbole. Probably because I like to create controversy :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which is why I admitted I let hyperbole carry me away ;)

I agree with just about everything that you said here, but I am still not sure how that makes us a terrible team? We have won twice as many games as he have lost and could/should arguably be 8-1. That's an above average team on the verge of being a pretty special team.

Ayup. As I said, I fell victim to hyperbole. Probably because I like to create controversy :)[/QUOTE]

You must be registered for see images attach

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards are fun to watch and support this yr

However cards def still needs serious help at cornerbacks num 2 3 and still need some lber help

And some oline help

But no way in hell would i have thought cards beat Seahawks bills!!! Without Chandler jones

Im still feeling on cloud 9 after that miraculous hop catch murray throw was just incredibly to watch

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes. I agree on someone saying Kyler is playing better than any QB the last 4 weeks. Dude has 4 NFL records this year and is On pace to shatter what Lamar Jackson did last year. And he was a unanimous MVP. That pass he threw last night to Hopkins was arguably one of the greatest passes ever. Too short. It’s picked. Too long. It’s incomplete. The ball has perfect loft and placement. This after rolling right and him giving a Juke move to just get enough separation from the defender. Then going out of bounds. Turning back and throwing across his body. 57 yards in the air. That ball was perfect! He is like 14th in the league in Rushing!!! And top 8 in passing. He is on pace to shatter TDS by a QB. May throw for 4000 and rush for 1100!!! His int yesterday was a fluke. But dude at what 23??? Is dominating the NFL. The Cardinals are hard out for Anyone. Lost 2 games on FGs in closing moments. And now have scored 30+ 5 straight games. With a decimated front 7. We are ranked top 10 in Rushing yards allowed and have shut down Seattle and Buffalo in the 2nd half

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh. You could argue with some adjustments. We would have scored 45. And PP normally doesn’t drop those 2ints. Which would have made the game a blow out.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KK in his 2nd year coaching has the #1 offense in the nfl. And this despite him probably coaching smart 70% of the time Lol

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We seem to play right up to the level of each opponent. Don't go up by much and don't get too far behind. Almost like play the whole game to lead up to the last 2 minutes, and see where we stand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison