Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wayward Pines (FOX)

You must be registered for see images attach

A TV series from M. Night Shyamalan.

http://www.mnightfans.com/carla-gugino-joins-wayward-pines/#sthash.MoqsFV6n.dpuf

‘Wayward Pines’ follows Secret Service agent Ethan Burke as he travels to Wayward Pines, Idaho on a mission to find two missing federal agents. The series is said to be in the vein of Twin Peaks.

Cast so far: Matt Dillon, Carla Gugino, and Melissa Leo.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No, no, a thousand times no! M. Freakin' Night should never even contemplate trying to do anything in the vein of Twin Peaks. He can't even imagine what the chops for such a venture would be like, let alone have them. Oh HELL no!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm watching... At first out of morbid curiosity, having know the long and twisted road to development this took, but I'm staying because it's beyond weird. Not sure if that means it's GOOD or not, but it's hooked me enough to stay tuned.

cardfaninfl

Demographically significant
Reaction score
Started to watch this, but then the 'no crickets' note happened. I suddenly remembered how many times I watched a M. Night Shama Lama Ding Dong story go off the rails. Let me guess, the end will have a twist that makes the audience wonder - Which was dumber? The final explanation, or the viewers spending so much time waiting for it.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I watched the first one, and it's a little weird. I'll keep watching for a while, but I may have to do it without my wife soon.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got about half way through the first episode last night and was enjoying it, but then my wife vetoed it. Damn! Veto overriden and finished first episode. Not great, but interesting and kinda creepy. That sheriff eating the ice cream cone is super annoying!

Last edited:

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Interesting show but lots of holes in the story line that are starting to turn me off. I will keep watching though to see if it comes together a little more.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Interesting show but lots of holes in the story line that are starting to turn me off. I will keep watching though to see if it comes together a little more.

You described my reaction to the show exactly. Plot holes galore, though it started as a good show. We'll see where it goes.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PMO. For some reason DirecTV DVR tried to record on another channel versus the one I told it to record. So, we got NOTHING. Now have to watch it on demand which sucks. Can't skip commercials.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went into this not expecting it to be airtight as far as plot holes are concerned and am digging it a lot.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto. I like the show but I can't help but feel there is another twist coming soon.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ditto. I like the show but I kept help but feel there is another twist coming soon.

there's still four more episodes, right? got to be at least TWO massive episode ending twists left.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's still four more episodes, right? got to be at least TWO massive episode ending twists left.

or maybe not. I'm still enjoying the show, but it really had just that one big twist in the middle of the season. expected a little more zaniness and turns moving forward after the big reveal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
or maybe not. I'm still enjoying the show, but it really had just that one big twist in the middle of the season. expected a little more zaniness and turns moving forward after the big reveal.

Man I was hoping for another big twist tonight when they went down in the bunker. I was thinking maybe all is not what it seems. Instead it ended up just being footage of stuff we already sort of knew.

Oh well. Still enjoying the show as well. One episode left. The trailer made it seem like it's going to be insanely action packed.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anybody else watch this all the way through? I thought it was entertaining. Not the best mini-series but still entertaining. One of the things I struggled with the most is Pam's about face. It's was probably a victim of time because it was a mini-series but her transformation was completely abrupt.

She went from the creepy sadistic character to switching sides overnight. I get it, it's not like they had 22 episodes to get through the story. It just didn't work for me. I couldn't get past the fact that she could go from one extreme to the other so abruptly.

Other than that...like I said. It was enjoyable. With so much really bad TV out there this was a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it fell off a cliff after the big twist in the middle of the season. I wasn't surprised by one single story beat in the last four episodes. that was disappointing.

and what do they put in the water in Wayward Pines? Matt Dillon's barely there five o'clock shadow turned into a full beard between the time they got on the elevator and BOOM! Must have rewritten the end of the show and the continuity/makeup department just screwed the pooch there.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it fell off a cliff after the big twist in the middle of the season. I wasn't surprised by one single story beat in the last four episodes. that was disappointing.

and what do they put in the water in Wayward Pines? Matt Dillon's barely there five o'clock shadow turned into a full beard between the time they got on the elevator and BOOM! Must have rewritten the end of the show and the continuity/makeup department just screwed the pooch there.

Ha...I never noticed the beard. Although, I was expecting at least one more twist that really didn't come. I thought for sure it was going to happen in the bunker. That was definitely a let down.

Also the gory tone of the last episode was a bit of a mismatch. Also, the ending was sort of a tease but there won't be a follow-up. Just about every single actor is already signed on to something else.

Oh well....it is what it is. Like I said...not great but enjoyable enough. At least it wasn't any of that reality TV crap.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha...I never noticed the beard. Although, I was expecting at least one more twist that really didn't come. I thought for sure it was going to happen in the bunker. That was definitely a let down.

Also the gory tone of the last episode was a bit of a mismatch. Also, the ending was sort of a tease but there won't be a follow-up. Just about every single actor is already signed on to something else.

Oh well....it is what it is. Like I said...not great but enjoyable enough. At least it wasn't any of that reality TV crap.

If ratings were high enough (and they were decent live ratings for summer and had big plus 3 numbers) there could easily be another season with the kids in charge and someone thawing out the entire Group C to try and build a resistance. The group C people could easily be populated with big stars who want to do one season as we haven't seen any of them yet.