Way too early for 56

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Fellas...The Oaken1 hit 56 years old at 547 this AM.

Im not certain if it will have any ramifications on the football world. But my quest towards witnessing the Cardinals win a Lombardi trophy prior to my demise is one year closer to failure....or success. Ya see, this is why I dont gamble. I really hate investing in something in which I cannot control the outcome...dammit!!!

as a birthday gift my son got me a 1968 Chevy Camaro Z28...and three cans of spray paint,...two hobby knives, a box of testors paints, and some glue.
It goes hand in hand with what I got him for his birthday last week....we always wanted to build a car together...but we both broke and live in different states... so now we each have these camaros with identical tools...and we are going to build them, paint, customizations. All that.... then swap photos and see what we did the same, and what we did different...

ta know...those same model kits I used to get at KMart for 4 bucks back in the day are now 30 freakin dollars!! so a damn model kit with all the fixins cost 120 bucks...thats nucking FUTTS!!

I havent done one in 40 years so...yay, Happy Birthday to me!!

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Sweet. I loved building models. To this day building Halloween props for the kids is like my superbowl. Happy birthday!
Thanks man...not sure how its gonna go...back in the day the glue got you high as hell... but they switched to non toxic..... not huffing glue for a few hours may disrupt my artistic process.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Congrats! The increasing complexity of Lego have my boy buying those well into the age when I had upgraded to model airplanes. Go figure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you had a Happy Birthday oaken1.