Washington Commanders (Renamed 2/2/22)

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
It'll be something military inspired - I'm guessing Armada or Commanders.

My co-worker who is a WFT fan said he/most fans wanted RedWolves, but the team said there was trademark concerns related to Wolves/RedWolves so won't be that.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I saw something that the three stars indicates commander rank, but I think that might have been since debunked.
I got out of the navy in 1981 so I might be remembering wrong but I think all officers only have 1 star along with their stripes the stripes indicate their rank.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about Washington Footballers.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

admirals

That came from some leak where people clicked on the admirals website name and it went to the WFT. But they changed it since then and now people think it was a red herring.

I think someone here mentioned it before many think the new name will start with an R so they can continue with the Hail to the team name song.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think someone here mentioned it before many think the new name will start with an R so they can continue with the Hail to the team name song.
Yeah i saw that and i don't get it. Why couldn't they sing "Hail to the Douche Bags"?! It would just need to be a name with two syllables to fit into that annoying song. Even "Admirals" would fit well enough. Starting with an 'R' has nothing to do with it.

...dave

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jay Gruden on WFT: ‘They Should Have Never Changed the Name in the First Place’

On the same day that the Washington Football Team announced its plans to reveal its new team name, one of the franchise’s former coaches decided to weigh in on the issue.

Jay Gruden, who was Washington’s head coach from 2014 to ’19, spoke about the name change while appearing on a Washington D.C.-based radio show, Russell & Medhurst, on The Team 980. Rather than offer his opinion on what the new name should be, he spoke out against the franchise changing the original name in the first place.

“I don’t want to ruffle any feathers,” Gruden said. “But they should’ve never changed the name in the first place.”

Gruden opened his appearance on the show by sarcastically asking the hosts, Chris Russell and Pete Medhurst, “Are you guys just trying to figure out the new name? It's so exciting.” He then added, “I don’t think anybody really cares other than you guys.”

One of the hosts then replied, “And Jay, believe me, we don't care either.”

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Wow...the Gruden's have absolutely destroyed their own name/credibility.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard