xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

the age old debate, let's discuss it a decade later

OP
OP
unseenaz

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In my experience, arguing with Steelers fans is like talking to a tree. They don’t listen and don’t have anything worth listening to.
most of them don't even remember the controversary surrounding the catch, so i love to remind them and cast even a ray of doubt in their mind about it

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
most games have a couple calls that go for or against teams. It is only after a loss that they become magnified.

The defensive play calling was atrocious that whole drive, if you want to blame someone blame Clancy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought the right foot touched but you can see why it wasn't overturned it's ruled a catch and there's no conclusive evidence that says it wasn't. I think the right toe was actually touching the left foot, not the ground, but you can't tell. It was an amazing throw and catch the game was lost earlier when #47 Aaron what's his face fell down coming up to tackle Holmes and gave him another 15 to 20 yards. I don't remember if it was the same play but there's a play where DRC tries to jump a route and winds up giving up a completion behind him.

agonizing loss

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Something else about that play: Holmes committed what was then a penalty after the catch—he celebrated by using the ball as a prop. If that was called, the Cards would have been in Pitt territory and a medium-range Warner to Fitz (or Bolden or Breaston) pass to score a TD (and win) at the end. I’m not saying they would have won, but the officiating was fairly atrocious that day and most of it hurt Big Red.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I never thought the right foot touched but you can see why it wasn't overturned it's ruled a catch and there's no conclusive evidence that says it wasn't. I think the right toe was actually touching the left foot, not the ground, but you can't tell. It was an amazing throw and catch the game was lost earlier when #47 Aaron what's his face fell down coming up to tackle Holmes and gave him another 15 to 20 yards. I don't remember if it was the same play but there's a play where DRC tries to jump a route and winds up giving up a completion behind him.

agonizing loss
Damn near impossible to have overturned the call on the field on that play. There simply wasn’t clear video evidence.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

agonizing loss
Just needed Ralph Brown to have a 1-Inch longer wingspan...

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score

agonizing loss

I'll never forgive Aaron Francisco for falling down there. Before that down was the closest I ever felt that the Cards were finally winning it all; afterward it was like the writing was on the wall. Remember Francisco catching a tipped ball against the Eagles for an interception the game before and getting it stripped by DeSean Jackson? He was with Indy when the Colts lost to the Saints in the following Super Bowl, so maybe he's a Jonah.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agonizing loss
Francisco

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol i punched a hole in my wall after that

Haven't watched highlights of that since

And cards will probably never get back in my lifetime......

That pick 6 befell half is what sealed it I remembered thinking wtf run james!!!! Stupid pcall

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave