Warriors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-30-2021

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game! 2 teams playing really well right now.

I feel that as long as Curry does't go off for 40+ the Suns win. 76ers put Thiable on him and held him to 26...no reason Mikal cant do the same. Go Suns!
As great as Bridges is, they are two very different types of defenders. Bridges is a very man defender but a great team defender. Thybulle is just some bizarre genetic freak of a man defender. I’ve never seen anyone quite as gifted as he is defensively. If he had Bridges offensive game (which still has holes) we would be hearing about thybulle being considered one of the best in the league, that’s how great his man defense is. I’ve never seen anyone as effective in book as he was.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
On paper the Warriors are the better team and should beat us. Even if we beat the GS I feel like the Suns need to make another roster move to catchup to GS because they are not even at full strength. That is a scary thought.
I would very much like to see how you come to the conclusion that the Warriors are better than us right now on paper. Are you including Klay/Iggy/Wiseman who aren't going to play?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would very much like to see how you come to the conclusion that the Warriors are better than us right now on paper. Are you including Klay/Iggy/Wiseman who aren't going to play?
I think based on the numbers that were just posted they are better on paper. Score more, hold opponents to less, better record. Again, on paper, they have been better. Doesn’t mean they’ll win in the court.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think based on the numbers that were just posted they are better on paper. Score more, hold opponents to less, better record. Again, on paper, they have been better. Doesn’t mean they’ll win in the court.

It's hard to argue with the stats but when I responded I was comparing rosters.

Without a healthy Kay Thompson I don't think the Warriors are better especially considering they are missing other players as well like Iggy and Wiseman.

The Suns are missing players too.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's really not even debatable staistically for the whole season. Warriors are easily better.

However teams matchup differently and sometimes overall superiority doesn't matter against certain teams.

Also I feel the Suns are playing much better as of the last 5 games or so. With that said they still aren't playing up to their potential.

Iggy is a net negative - dude should not play on a good team. Wiseman also does not really know how to effectively play center yet, although he may figure it out by the end of the season if he gets enough playing time.

Klay is really the only x-factor, and I personally have some doubts he is going to look like the same player. Major injuries and multiple years off are not easy to overcome.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hard to argue with the stats but when I responded I was comparing rosters.

Without a healthy Kay Thompson I don't think the Warriors are better especially considering they are missing other players as well like Iggy and Wiseman.

The Suns are missing players too.
Suns are not missing anyone who would get minutes.

The truth is we need more progress from Ayton, bridges and the Cam's then we have gotten so far. I was expecting more progress then we have gotten. Also Shamet has been a disapointment - but I am coming to the realization he just is what he is, and that is why he is shipped to a new team every season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The truth is we need more progress from Ayton, bridges and the Cam's then we have gotten so far. I was expecting more progress then we have gotten. Also Shamet has been a disapointment - but I am coming to the realization he just is what he is, and that is why he is shipped to a new team every season.

I seem to have this discussion a lot.

It's not that that players like Kaminsky, Nader and Saric would be playing a lot if they were available. It's the insurance they provide when fouls problems and injuries occur. Those roster spots are there for a reason. It's a long, long season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I seem to have this discussion a lot.

It's not that that players like Kaminsky, Nader and Saric would be playing a lot if they were available. It's the insurance they provide when fouls problems and injuries occur. Those roster spots are there for a reason. It's a long, long season.
I think saric would be playing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Saric would be getting minutes. It's my recurring speech about the importance of every roster spot.

Things can happen. It's important to be prepared.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am referring to the team ranking comparisons previously posted.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. The national media persistently says we have no injuries, yet completely ignores Saric and the impact he had on this team last year. Saric would be playing and most likely making an impact.

Oh well. Just win games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says he is ready to go.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JaVale McGee said Suns not getting the respect they deserve after winning 16 games in a row.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns goal is to get better and win games. It's not so much the win streak.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says it's a big game but it's not the Finals.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric would be getting minutes. It's my recurring speech about the importance of every roster spot.

Things can happen. It's important to be prepared.
Saric should not get any minutes unless we are playing a team with multiple bigs.

We are far better off running a nine man rotation with extra minutes for Cam/Mikal than letting him on the floor.

Of course if someone is injured they would come into play - nobody they would get time over currently is injured - That's why I said they would not be getting any minutes now.

Nadar has been a disaster this year when he has played, by far our worst player getting any time. I for one am happy he is injured right now, because if he wasn't we would be a worse team because Monty would still be playing him.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I agree with Ayton but not the rest. How can someone Like Ayton still not get it? Shamet is not a bad player not sure what you expect.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saric should not get any minutes unless we are playing a team with multiple bigs.

We are far better off running a nine man rotation with extra minutes for Cam/Mikal than letting him on the floor.

Of course if someone is injured they would come into play - nobody they would get time over currently is injured - That's why I said they would not be getting any minutes now.

Nadar has been a disaster this year when he has played, by far our worst player getting any time. I for one am happy he is injured right now, because if he wasn't we would be a worse team because Monty would still be playing him.

I like options so I'm happy when Monty has every player at his disposal. There is a time and place for almost everyone.

IMO, Saric is a better player than what he showed last season. I don't know what was going on but he was erratic.

In regard to Nader, I think injury has impacted his game. Like Saric, I think he is a better player than what he has showed this season.

We agree, a steady nine man rotation is about right if everyone is healthy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Amen to that, ive seen Cam Johnson be more engaged and get some nicer touches without nader in the game. Sometime Nader and Payne just go into full attack mode with tunnel vision towards the rim. Payne is good when he penetrates, it makes our second unit that more dynamic. Nader just kills the flow of the second unit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose