Warriors @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-30-2021

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns come home for two games playing the Warriors on Tuesday and the Pistons on Thursday.

Actually the Suns play the Warriors two out of their next three games. They visit Golden State on Friday.

Warriors are 18-2 and have won their last 7 games including beating the Clippers on Sunday.

They lead the Suns in the Western Conference by 1 game. This is an early season battle for best in the West.

Suns are 17-3 and are on a 16 game winning streak. The Suns aim to tie their longest winning streak at 17 games with a win on Tuesday.

The game will be televised on TNT.

Start time will be 8:00 p.m. Arizona time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a look at some ratings between the two teams.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a look at the Warriors roster earlier today by Malika Andrews.

Previously posted by Ronin.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Curry was well guarded but it doesn't matter when he is on fire.

Against the Clippers he was 12-22 from the field and 7-13 from 3-point range.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stage is set for the game on Tuesday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let the games begin.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
F these *******. I would love to hand them their asses twice this week and show them who the true power is.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow. Those stats are pretty impressive for the Warriors, great for the Suns, but for the Warriors to be ranked #1 in all three categories...wow.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

On paper the Warriors are the better team and should beat us. Even if we beat the GS I feel like the Suns need to make another roster move to catchup to GS because they are not even at full strength. That is a scary thought.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On paper the Warriors are the better team and should beat us. Even if we beat the GS I feel like the Suns need to make another roster move to catchup to GS because they are not even at full strength. That is a scary thought.

I'm not sure the Warriors are better than the Suns on paper NOW. If Klay Thompson returns healthy, that changes.

There is no question the Warriors are playing amazingly well and Stephen Curry is playing out of his mind.

I keep trying to remind myself it's still November and it's a long season.

I do think the Suns need to strengthen their roster and they can use a healthy Frank Kaminsky.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually think they are pretty close to full strength.

I don’t think Klay is going to take time from Wiggins or Poole the way they are playing after a two year layoff.

its funny one could argue to matchup with warriors the thing we need most is another wing, whereas with millwaukee another big is the primary need.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure the Warriors are better than the Suns on paper NOW. If Klay Thompson returns healthy, that changes.

There is no question the Warriors are playing amazingly well and Stephen Curry is playing out of his mind.

I keep trying to remind myself it's still November and it's a long season.

I do think the Suns need to strengthen their roster and they can use a healthy Frank Kaminsky.
We are going to find out this week.

I think it will all come down to if our defense can slow them down or not, and if we can find a way to make ayton and McGee punish them inside.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it will all come down to if our defense can slow them down or not, and if we can find a way to make ayton and McGee punish them inside.

I’m already have visions of Ayton being pushed out of position or the ball slapped away from his hands on post attempts.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SC might get 45 points this game. We are going to have to pitch a shutout with the other players or the steak comes to an end. I don’t think you can bank on stopping him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who is king November may not be king come playoff time. Although I want the Suns to win badly it's a marathon not a sprint.

Can the Warriors play this way all season and through the playoffs? We will find out.

The Warriors will want to run the ball. The Suns will have to be patient and stay close.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea who is better, the records are too close to call. From highlights and box scores though, the Warriors appear to have been more dominant than we have against similarly weak opponents.

But we haven't played all that well despite the incredible winning streak so maybe we'll step up against the the team with the best record in the game?

Games in November and December don't mean all that much but the next 12 games (3 against GS) should tell us a lot.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this game comes down to ayton.

Can he avoid foul trouble? I expect green to sucker him into some fouls.

Can he actually show up on offense? Getting 15 is ok but it’s a null 15 points. We want impact. We want to see progress.

We are actually the bigger team. Hopefully we can punish them inside. They have a championship core and we were almost there with our group. It’ll come down to execution.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SC might get 45 points this game. We are going to have to pitch a shutout with the other players or the steak comes to an end. I don’t think you can bank on stopping him.
They can have my steak when they pry it from my cold dead fingers. And if Curry gets 45, we're probably going to be in trouble. I don't expect we'll stop him, we just need to keep his efficiency down.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game! 2 teams playing really well right now.

I feel that as long as Curry does't go off for 40+ the Suns win. 76ers put Thiable on him and held him to 26...no reason Mikal cant do the same. Go Suns!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA