Warriors at Suns

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rusty Simmons ‏@Rusty_SFChron

Jermaine O'Neal and Draymond Green will start again.
Jermaine O'Neal and Draymond Green will be starting for the Warriors.

Green or Igoudala will be guarding Frye. Igoudala is 6'6, 207 lbs. Green is 6'7, 230 lbs. Frye is 6'11, 245 lbs.

There is absolutely no excuses for Frye to not have a great game. He's gonna be way bigger than anyone who is guarding him. Wouldn't surprise me if the Warriors put freaking Thompson on Frye. Score in the post instead of chucking 3s.

Hope Tucker guards Curry..Dragic will get worn out chasing around Curry.

With Bogut and Lee out, this may be the best chance the Suns get to avenge for the blowout loss to them earlier in the season.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish Hornacek had given Len an opportunity to guard O'Neal in the 1st half.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a performance by Dragic, 34 points, 10 assists, 2 steals. It looks like Dragic is turning into Steve Nash right before my eyes. Dragic just took over the game late.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dragic gave the middle finger to Adam Silver after he hit that last 3. I felt like he screamed "NOT AN ALL STAR HUH?"

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Dragic is just incredible. He is really starting to look like a weird Nash/ Billups hybrid.
It was great to see Frye score in the low post a couple of times, though for the life of me I don't understand why Hornacek went small instead of just beating the crap out of the Warriors in the paint.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goran complained of being dizzy in the second half per announcers post game. I wish Goran would take the All-Star weekend off and rest, especially with the bandaged left arm.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Dragic is showing signs of developing into a guy who can be the best player on a championship team if we have solid (not great and not garbage) players all around him.

I have seen Dragic take over games quite a bit this season and that's the trait that those guys who are #1s on contenders have.

I'll go on record and say that if we can upgrade at both the forwards spots and find a good backup PG, we can be a contender with this current Suns team. When I say upgrade, I don't mean superstars, just guys like Hayward or Harrison Barnes at SF and a guy like Millsap or Gibson at PF.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dragic is just incredible. He is really starting to look like a weird Nash/ Billups hybrid.
It was great to see Frye score in the low post a couple of times, though for the life of me I don't understand why Hornacek went small instead of just beating the crap out of the Warriors in the paint.
Yea do you, or anyone else for that matter, know why we play Len inconsistently?

Is it because he's still recovering or is because of his play?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yea do you, or anyone else for that matter, know why we play Len inconsistently?

Is it because he's still recovering or is because of his play?

Either he's still recovering or Hornacek is afraid to go big. If I were coaching Len and Plumlee would be combining for 48 minutes, but what the hell do I know? :shrug:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Gerald Green becoming more consistent. It seems like when he is on its the difference.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Either he's still recovering or Hornacek is afraid to go big. If I were coaching Len and Plumlee would be combining for 48 minutes, but what the hell do I know? :shrug:

Heard an interview with Horny last week and he admitted that they are still cautious with Len's minutes only because of their uncertainty around the foot/ankle... They are really gonna bring him along very, very slowly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't wait until Bledsoe is back. A Bledsoe/Dragic/Green guard rotation is just going to be terrifying for the rest of the league.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Can't wait until Bledsoe is back. A Bledsoe/Dragic/Green guard rotation is just going to be terrifying for the rest of the league.

You can also include Barbosa in that mix as well. I think paired with either Dragic or Bledsoe he will be great. He is getting most of his minutes currently with Ish. I can see LB paired with Bledsoe while Dragic rests.

If we are able to add a legit piece in the front court we could be very dangerous.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Incredible game from Dragic. He is becoming a dominant scorer. He is able to hit that three-point shot off the dribble over a defender regularly now. He matched Curry in this game point for point, assist for assist, and then some.

Solid win overall, against a team that is battling with the Suns for playoff spots.

One troubling thing that has been occurring for the past three games however are the unforced turnovers. The main culprits usually are the Morris twins, Green, Tucker and sometimes Frye. How many traveling calls on Green in the last three games? And how many errant passes? Tucker is picking up completely avoidable charges. There was also a stupid offensive foul from Marcus I think and some poor ball handling from Markieff. The Suns are giving a lot of points away in this fashion.

Oh and someone needs to tell Plumlee that layups are worth as many points as dunks, so he should practice his dunking ability before game, not during. Or at least use both hands.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Gerald Green becoming more consistent. It seems like when he is on its the difference.

When Green plays well, scoring in the 20's, the Suns are difficult to beat. He is that edge that gets the Suns a win.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I may be the only one, but having Green under the contract he has for another year is gold IMO. The front office doesn't need to make any financial decisions regarding him for another year. His play this year isn't going to force them to overpay or dump him and they have another season to determine his worth to the team. Yes, the Suns need another shooting guard, although Barbosa seems to be fitting in nice. The Dragic, Beldsoe, Green, and Barbosa combo's should be good enough to win. I'm hoping if they bring anyone else in this year that it's a PF or SF who can score inside.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I may be the only one, but having Green under the contract he has for another year is gold IMO. The front office doesn't need to make any financial decisions regarding him for another year. His play this year isn't going to force them to overpay or dump him and they have another season to determine his worth to the team. Yes, the Suns need another shooting guard, although Barbosa seems to be fitting in nice. The Dragic, Beldsoe, Green, and Barbosa combo's should be good enough to win. I'm hoping if they bring anyone else in this year that it's a PF or SF who can score inside.

I totally agree about Green. He is much more than I expected. Also having Plumlee under team control for several years is a major plus. The Suns signing of Barbosa is proving to be a stealth move which will pay dividends. If the Suns can sign a go to scorer inside (who can hopefully rebound) and Bledsoe returns, they will be tough team come playoff time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this team continues to impress, even with the losses to Chicago and Houston earlier this week.

Looking forward to getting Bledsoe back (hopefully sooner, rather then later) and seeing what more surprises they have in store for us as we move into the second half of the season!

it's really too bad the Blazers ended up being so good. Aldridge really would have been the perfect prize to go after with our stockpile of assets.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

Absolutely, no reason why at least 2 of them can't be on the floor at all times.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Curry models Barbosa

If some of Stephen Curry’s finishes on drives look familiar, it is because you know his model of them well — Suns guard Leandro Barbosa.

“We had a debate last year about who was the best finisher at the rim, not dunking,” Curry said. “Just what we call layup game and crafty. He was my favorite. Obviously, he’s fast and explosive, but the way he created around the rim, using both hands and deceptive and getting his finishes off and dealing with contact. I studied a lot of that film.”
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...e-finally-gets-due-rising-star.html#protected