Warriors and the record

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the game last night between the Warriors and Spurs and I swear Curry is not human! The shots and moves that guy makes are unreal. He just throws up shots that look like prayers, but they are actual shots (and most go in)! He even made a shot from half court (after the buzzer) and it is almost as if it is a shot that he should make.

Anyhow

Just wanted to see who actually wants to see them break the Bulls single season record? Pretty sure they will because they are playing Memphis, but they struggled last time they played them. I actually would like to see them break it because they are such a good team together and are all having fun. Very unselfish and are playing the game right. I know I will be watching them and Kobe's last game for sure

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
I want them to tie with the Bulls.

They are in our division and can't root for them.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I cant stand people who act like the Bulls and Michael Jordan are the most sacred untouchable thing ever so I am rooting for the Warriors.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want them to tie with the Bulls.

They are in our division and can't root for them.

Yea, that's the only issue. But this year, being that the Suns are such a disaster, I would like them to see them break it. Now if it was the Lakers, I would be so against it!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see them break the record. I never thought I'd see a player as entertaining to watch as Magic Johnson but Curry is every bit his equal. Watching him dribble around while the defense chases after him brings back memories of growing up watching the Harlem Globetrotters. Nash had a little of that in him but Curry is masterful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to see them break the record. I never thought I'd see a player as entertaining to watch as Magic Johnson but Curry is every bit his equal. Watching him dribble around while the defense chases after him brings back memories of growing up watching the Harlem Globetrotters. Nash had a little of that in him but Curry is masterful.

yup. Curry is the super-human version of Steve Nash.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant stand people who act like the Bulls and Michael Jordan are the most sacred untouchable thing ever so I am rooting for the Warriors.

As a Bulls fans, I don't like the idea of them beating the record. With that being said, if any team is going to do it, this Warriors teams is a fun team who looks like they are having fun, so I am glad it is them is anyone. If the Heat, with LeBron did it, I would have been sick.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see the similarities except in the shooting percentages.

Curry to me is more like Allen Iverson with the best 3pt shot ever.
not at all. The way they move around on the court, the way they zip into open space, The way they always seem to be two moves ahead of the defense, and obviously the shooting ability, very similar are Nash and Curry. Iverson played the game at a snails pace, getting himself into isolation and slowly beating guys one on one.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don't see the similarities except in the shooting percentages.

Curry to me is more like Allen Iverson with the best 3pt shot ever.

That's disrespectful to Curry. He's always had great vision and willing passer. I think Curry and Iverson are similar due to their handles.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its amazing how much Curry's presence on the court makes the rest of team better. Every player on the Warriors plays with serious confidence

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't mind records falling. I would like to see them do it. That takes ZERO away from the Bulls and MJ. I still would put one of Jordan's best teams up against almost any team in NBA history. This is coming from someone who despised (but respected) them while it was happening.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Want to see them break it for sure, like someone said it doesn't take away from the Bulls great team. This warriors team is so fun to watch and they play the right way not sure how anyone could not like them.

OP
OP
Iceman

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Want to see them break it for sure, like someone said it doesn't take away from the Bulls great team. This warriors team is so fun to watch and they play the right way not sure how anyone could not like them.

Agree!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Because they beat the Spurs yesterday, they will now go a full season without losing back to back games. No, that's not a typo... :shock:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Because they beat the Spurs yesterday, they will now go a full season without losing back to back games. No, that's not a typo... :shock:
While that is very impressive it is hardly surprising considering they have all of 9 losses with 1 game to play.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
While that is very impressive it is hardly surprising considering they have all of 9 losses with 1 game to play.

Of course.. But in an 82 game season, to never lose back to back games is stunning no matter how you look at it. I wonder if the Bulls accomplished the same in their 72 win season??

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course.. But in an 82 game season, to never lose back to back games is stunning no matter how you look at it. I wonder if the Bulls accomplished the same in their 72 win season??

They lost back to back games in the west that season. They lost in Denver and then they lost to us in Phoenix the next night. They also lost two games in a row to Seattle but that was in the championship series. I wish I could say I didn't need to look all this up on Basketball Reference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They lost back to back games in the west that season. They lost in Denver and then they lost to us in Phoenix the next night. They also lost two games in a row to Seattle but that was in the championship series. I wish I could say I didn't need to look all this up on Basketball Reference.

that suns game was the highlight of our season. After trading for Hot Rod Williams, in what I'm sure was a move that BC thought was the greatest move of all time, our chemistry was destroyed and we limped to a .500 record after winning an average of 58 games the previous two years and that Bulls game was the only bright spot of an ugly season. KJ was injured in the first half, Elliot Perry was playing in his stead, and we were up two with like 15 seconds left and Barkley stole a cross-court pass, sprinted down to the other end and jammed home a huge dunk to put the game away and then started jumping up and down like a madman.

I wish I could say I didn't need to look any of that up on Basketball Reference or youtube.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay... so it was 15 seconds left... and we were up 4, not 2.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I still have issues.

And it's ridiculous what you can find on the internet within 30 seconds now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXbQ-JfZf8

I still have issues.

Wow, great find!!! Awesome memories. Finley, Manning, Tisdale, Person and Elliot Perry. I saw Cotton on the sideline, was that the year he took over and tried to install the "triangle offense" and failed miserably?

Great at the end when Barkley hugs Perry and says "I love you!"

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was at that game. Tried to impress a girl on our first date, since she just moved to town from the Midwest, and didn't believe that anything could challenge her Bulls.

She must have seen the light. 20 years later she's still by my side. That one game will always be one of my favorite ever attended though.

It hurts remembering how good they used to be.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still have issues.

It was an awesome game. I had been in So Cal for a decade and Suns games were few and far between even during the Barkley years. I had just switched to a brand new digital satellite system (USSB/DirecTV) that season and they offered this wonderful thing called NBA League Pass so I actually got to see this one.

I don't know if it was brand new or if my cable just didn't offer it but League Pass was a lifesaver for a displaced basketball fan. I watched every Suns game and arranged my schedule around theirs. Fortunately, a year or two later RealTV and Tivo came out so I didn't have to live my life by that schedule anymore but regardless, it was great to see Suns games again. And you're right about what you can find, I'm probably going to regret not using 30 seconds to verify my comments here.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can understand but don't agree with comparing Curry to Nash or AI. If there is a player he reminds me of it's KJ only he has unlimited range. His handles are ridiculous, he's super quick, and a solid defender also.