Waiting to trade Crowder

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OG wouldn't be a big enough upgrade to lose Cam J. Its pretty much a lateral and I'd rather have Cam tbh.
I understand the Suns are in a tough spot with Cam J. If they want to keep him they are going to have to pay big. However, if you are going to move Cam J, you have to get a legit PF. Not an often injured SF.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I understand the Suns are in a tough spot with Cam J. If they want to keep him they are going to have to pay big. However, if you are going to move Cam J, you have to get a legit PF. Not an often injured SF.
100%

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. And OG is more injury prone than Cam
I hadn't realized that, he's off my wish list then. I really love CamJ's attitude and developing game but I don't think I'd trade for him either given his injury history. That's a big part of why I hoped we'd be able to keep Crowder behind him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought OG was on the rise for star/superstardom. He's leveled out and the injuries are a concern.

He's the guy we need though to make our push but i dont want Cam do any part of it. Cam is right at the cusp of becoming a great player if he can just sustain an injury free season. I attribute his swings, hot game to off game, to conditioning.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo - he is saying that is what the deal will take anyway
Yeah, someone answered for you. No freaking way. That dude is not even close to worth that package. Sounded like a Suns fan forum trade for one of our players.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If you swap Cam for OG straight up the Suns are a better team but I don’t think it’s a big enough gap to put them into a different level of contention. I still say Cam’s best role is a 3&D guy off the bench that can occasionally get hot and change the game. The point in acquiring a legit PF like Anunoby is strengthen both the starting lineup and bench. Including Cam in the trade doesn’t accomplish that. If Toronto was just willing to do expirings and two unprotected 1st’s i would do it but I would trade picks beyond 2025.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tick tock Suns: Trade Deadline: Feb. 9 at 3 p.m. ET (1 PM Arizona Time).

7 DAYS LEFT!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tick tock Suns: Trade Deadline: Feb. 9 at 3 p.m. ET (1 PM Arizona Time).

7 DAYS LEFT!
If last night's CP3 is the guy we're going to see most of the time, I just don't see a possible trade that changes our immediate future. And I've felt that way since last season ended. At this point, I think we have better odds of getting lucky in the lottery than we do of improving this team enough to win it all this year with a mediocre to bad version of Chris.

I really don't see a juggernaut this season so if we get everyone healthy and CP3 holds up I still believe we have a chance to win it all with a minor upgrade (Jae level replacement). But without CP playing at a star level, we're a borderline playoff team and only a true Booker level star addition makes us relevant in the title hunt.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If last night's CP3 is the guy we're going to see most of the time, I just don't see a possible trade that changes our immediate future. And I've felt that way since last season ended. At this point, I think we have better odds of getting lucky in the lottery than we do of improving this team enough to win it all this year with a mediocre to bad version of Chris.

I really don't see a juggernaut this season so if we get everyone healthy and CP3 holds up I still believe we have a chance to win it all with a minor upgrade (Jae level replacement). But without CP playing at a star level, we're a borderline playoff team and only a true Booker level star addition makes us relevant in the title hunt.
You are likely right. However, our new owner made it a point to let it be known the Suns are willing to take on additional salary in a trade despite being in the luxury tax. So, maybe there is still hope if a player they want becomes available and they can put together a package.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Well after last night, I would not want to be the one making the decision, because right now I don't know if this team is a joke or something that has a chance of competing.

I guess I'm leaning towards a joke. You can't have these games where a high school team can beat you in the playoffs and hope to win a series. They keep happening, so any midtier or low level trade probably is not enough.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after last night, I would not want to be the one making the decision, because right now I don't know if this team is a joke or something that has a chance of competing.

I guess I'm leaning towards a joke. You can't have these games where a high school team can beat you in the playoffs and hope to win a series. They keep happening, so any midtier or low level trade probably is not enough.
Yeah and that's where I've been since the New Orleans series and that was without all the injuries we've faced this season. I've said it before but I think we're paying the price for drafting so poorly for most of the past decade. We wasted a bunch of assets and while we still have our own picks we lack the young potential future stars that so often make it possible to trade for another star.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm to the point where I don't know if the Suns should be buyers or sellers. I guess it all depends upon what is available before the trade deadline. The Suns present model doesn't look like it is going anywhere if it makes the playoffs. Phoenix needs to make moves with the future in mind.

Pokinmik

Rookie
Reaction score
Yep both the suns and cardinals have either neglected or been completely dog crap in the draft for the past decade. Every other team seems to have young guys that are blossoming or have huge potential or finding diamonds in the rough. Practically non existent for the suns and cards. Sad.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah and that's where I've been since the New Orleans series and that was without all the injuries we've faced this season. I've said it before but I think we're paying the price for drafting so poorly for most of the past decade. We wasted a bunch of assets and while we still have our own picks we lack the young potential future stars that so often make it possible to trade for another star.
It makes it twice as bad when you see what guys like Siakam, Jordan Poole, Walker Kessler, etc. are doing. And the Suns regularly pissing away draft picks every year while some people defend it because "late first or second round picks never amount to anything."

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I been seeing this float around.. thoughts?? I say we just do it..

PROPOSED TRADE BY MILWAUKEE

BUCKS GET: Jae Crowder

SUNS GET: Serge Ibaka, George Hill, Jordan Nwora, future second round picks

via Shams Charania

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

via Shams Charania

I've seen that idea floating around as well. That offer may be there for the Suns if nothing better materializes. It doesn't do a lot for me as a fan.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

via Shams Charania
I don't care for it at all. Both veterans are well past their play-by dates and I've seen nothing to suggest Nwora has an NBA game. And if we're talking about second round picks from the Bucks, they are likely to be at or near the bottom.

If we can't get better than a couple of second round picks for Crowder, I'd prefer we find someone with cap space so we can get slightly better second rounders without taking back players we're just going to release anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose