Waiting to trade Crowder

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton has to want to go AND he has to want to go to the team you want to send him too. Likely if the Suns trade him it won't be until he no longer has the right of refusal.
I'm not convinced his poor play is the result of him simply giving up but if others are correct, he may well want out enough to accept most destinations.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not convinced his poor play is the result of him simply giving up but if others are correct, he may well want out enough to accept most destinations.
I guess it depends on if you think Ayton wants to win. It's hard for guys coming off winning organizations or that have experienced the playoffs to except going to teams that are perennial high pick draft teams. I rarely see guys with Ayton's contract and profile just go where teams want to send them without any say. The players fought for that right. It would be stupid of him not to use his right of refusal as leverage.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton has to want to go AND he has to want to go to the team you want to send him too. Likely if the Suns trade him it won't be until he no longer has the right of refusal.
I don't really know what his feelings are, for all we know he is ready for a change. You might be right though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Of course he is.

Even if it's for garbage something is better than nothing, and he will get us nothing if he isn't traded by the deadline.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really know what his feelings are, for all we know he is ready for a change. You might be right though.
Any team desperate enough at this deadline is going to be a playoff team. They are not going to give up anything that could take them out of the hunt. Seems like to maximize his value you may need to target teams with little talent and that are not good at attracting UFAs. If I were the Suns I would wait until I could trade him where in benefits the Suns the most.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Any team desperate enough at this deadline is going to be a playoff team. They are not going to give up anything that could take them out of the hunt. Seems like to maximize his value you may need to target teams with little talent and that are not good at attracting UFAs. If I were the Suns I would wait until I could trade him where in benefits the Suns the most.
Not necessarily. If the team sees Ayton as a young piece to build around and they aren't particularly attached to what they are trading it can be to a bad team.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. If the team sees Ayton as a young piece to build around and they aren't particularly attached to what they are trading it can be to a bad team.
I said "you may".

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can only guess that Ayton is just about done with Monty, jmo.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be happy with a Jae Crowder for Rui Hachimura trade.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are talking about moving Rui to free up the logjam at forward, why would they trade him for Jae Crowder?

I'd see Crowder going to a third team if the Suns were interested in Hachimura.

Of course the Wizards would want an asset(s) in return.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thanks Brian. Like we didn't know that. The question is value.

js

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd see Crowder going to a third team if the Suns were interested in Hachimura.

Of course the Wizards would want an asset(s) in return.

Or hopefully we get the guy we've been targeting, Kuz.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wouldn't be mad with Hachimura, not the PF I would normally want but its a step in the right direction.
Would seriously give up crowder for 2 2nd rounds at this point.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully we're shipping dead ass Ayton with him. Ayton had a chance to lead us with these injuries and he's dicking the dog loss after loss. He's dead to me

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't be mad with Hachimura, not the PF I would normally want but its a step in the right direction.
Would seriously give up crowder for 2 2nd rounds at this point.

The Suns could do worse than Rui Hachimura and they would have the option to keep him or let him walk as he will become a RFA this summer.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't catch the segment except the tail end this morning. However, they said the rift with Jae has NOTHING to do with the team or James Jones. They said the rift started and continues to be between Monti and Jae?!?!? We also know that Monti and Ayton are also seem volatile. This is starting to make sense why he is sitting at home and why the Suns are paying him to sit. Sounds like Monti told him to stay home. Did anybody catch the entire segment?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't catch the segment except the tail end this morning. However, they said the rift with Jae has NOTHING to do with the team or James Jones. They said the rift started and continues to be between Monti and Jae?!?!? We also know that Monti and Ayton are also seem volatile. This is starting to make sense why he is sitting at home and why the Suns are paying him to sit. Sounds like Monti told him to stay home. Did anybody catch the entire segment?

This could explain why some players have voiced their support of Crowder.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
if this is true, this is kind of a blemish for Monty.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose