Waiting to trade Crowder

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Interesting thought on Crowder situation - James Jones may be playing this very smartly by waiting. Its expected there are going to be a lot of sellers around the trade deadline as teams try and tank for this years very good draft. If it were me in James Jones shoes, I would wait for the right deal, around the deadline. Jay’s expiring contract has value. If you include that with a pick, it may net Suns a lot more than making a move today.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Jae and Dario for Randle straight up works. If you're interested in Julius Randle. And at this point, I'm leaning to "why not?" We literally lose nothing in this trade so it's all about having to deal with what we get back, which is Randle for 4 years at over 20m per year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If some of these trade rumors are true, I like how James Jones tries to add an obscure gem in the trade, like Jared Vanderbilt or Kenyon Martin Jr.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good news if you’re on the Randle-train:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I dont see why they would move their young assets for a win now rotation guy like Jay. Even if they are trying to tank, Randle i assume is part of their future core.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we could pull Randle THAT would be an awesome pickup.
Forget the fact that he and Cam J hate each other.
Forget that Randel may be a cancer to a non Monte team.
Dude is a unit a real PF and produces the numbers we want from DA.

I don't like him as a people. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea him holding down the 4 for this team.
He's tough like everyone says Jae is, I know I wouldn't want to piss him off.
This move makes too much sense. Which is why it will never happen.
We probably end up with Toppin, which I'm ok with as well.
Both are better than Jae sitting on his ass.

Now we just have to wait for the Knicks to make a move THIS stupid.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Jae and Dario for Randle straight up works. If you're interested in Julius Randle. And at this point, I'm leaning to "why not?" We literally lose nothing in this trade so it's all about having to deal with what we get back, which is Randle for 4 years at over 20m per year.

I don't get this board's dislike for Randle. Like nearly every NBA player, he has his flaws. But he does things that no one else on the roster is able to do, except for Ayton, who is able but not willing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If we trade Crowder now, its no KD later. Crowder's salary is essential in a KD trade.
Assuming one of Mikal or DA would be in the deal (I have no interest in debating anyone that thinks it would be just Cam + picks) the Suns could easily get it done without Crowder. They’d have to hit 75% of KD’s salary which is roughly $33m.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Assuming one of Mikal or DA would be in the deal (I have no interest in debating anyone that thinks it would be just Cam + picks) the Suns could easily get it done without Crowder. They’d have to hit 75% of KD’s salary which is roughly $33m.
KD's salary is $44 million per ESPN. It would take Crowder plus either of those guys.

OP
OP
N

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For example - Crowder + Saric + Landry + Craig = $34 million, which would fall within 75%
It would also have to include a truckload of draft picks and options to swap picks.

Im just totally out on this idea at this point. I would almost argue mikal > Durant, convince me im wrong

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yeah, unless Randle is some kind of chemistry killer to the degree no one has foreseen, I see no downside to moving deadweight Crowder plus (just about deadweight at this point) Saric for a guy who fills one of our major needs, particularly when the team is dealing with injury issues at this point.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For example - Crowder + Saric + Landry + Craig = $34 million, which would fall within 75%
It would also have to include a truckload of draft picks and options to swap picks.
Doesn't match. Just go try it on the trade machine first. I included the link.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get this board's dislike for Randle. Like nearly every NBA player, he has his flaws. But he does things that no one else on the roster is able to do, except for Ayton, who is able but not willing.
Same.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I was a little loose calculating what 125% would be. The Suns have to send out $35m to get KD. Just for example…
You must be registered for see images attach

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Im just totally out on this idea at this point. I would almost argue mikal > Durant, convince me im wrong
It's definitely a lot closer when you add age to the equation. But you have to admit, Durant is at least twice the scorer, at the moment, than Bridges.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard for me to embrace trading a 26-year-old player (Bridges) who is only getting better for a 34-year-old player (Durant).

Bridge's stats have improved every season. He is on his way up and has learned to create his own shot.

I'd rather trade Ayton if it comes down to that, but that's not even an option at the moment. We can see how the situation plays out near the trade deadline.

The Suns should be able to fill their need at power forward with expiring contracts and a draft pick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's definitely a lot closer when you add age to the equation. But you have to admit, Durant is at least twice the scorer, at the moment, than Bridges.
I'd take Bridges over the Durant that finished last season but not over current KD. I haven't paid too much attention to his defense this year but offensively, Durant has been at the top of his game so far this season. A simple swap of Bridges and Durant definitely makes us better but I'm not confident it gets us a ring. Considering everything else we'd have to include, I'm just not convinced it's the smart move.

And I'd have to say that Durant has more than twice Mikal's value on offense. Bridges is great at moving without the ball and taking opportunites when presented but he doesn't force the issue and he doesn't force defenses to account for him very often, let alone double and triple him like Durant does.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose