Voskuhl to be rewarded

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
New contract a 'priority'

Bob Young
The Arizona Republic
Apr. 16, 2003 12:00 AM

PORTLAND, Ore. - Suns coach Frank Johnson said re-signing reserve center Jake Voskuhl "has to be a priority" in the off-season, and Bryan Colangelo, president/general manager, indicated earlier this week that is the case.

"That's pretty awesome," said Voskuhl, a free-agent-to-be whose role with the club has increased as the season progressed. "I can't say enough good things about living in Phoenix, playing for this organization and how well they've treated myself and my wife."

Voskuhl, who came to the Suns early last season in a trade with Chicago, said he wasn't sure at first how he would fit in.

"It's like that with every player," he said. "Chicago didn't work out, and when they traded me here I didn't know if this would work out, either. It turned out to be a blessing."

Johnson said Voskuhl has earned a new contract.

"He's played very well, and he's a guy I really cracked the whip on at times," he said. "It didn't seem to faze him. He's been really good for us."

Lone ranger

There weren't many bright spots for the Suns in a 120-102 loss. Actually, one.

Guard Joe Johnson continued his late-season surge, leading the Suns with 26 points on 11-of-20 shooting. He also had five assists and four rebounds.

Johnson also hit two of his five three-point shots and is hitting 41.5 percent from behind the arc over his past 27 games.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this is very good news. He deserves a pay raise to about 2-3 million a year.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbeecham
Yeah this is very good news. He deserves a pay raise to about 2-3 million a year.
He would be overpaid at 2-3 mil./year.

I wouldn't give him more than a 3 mil./2 year deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard