Vince Young staying in school

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Rats said:
So you would consider picking Young as a Top 5 Qb? Versus a 2nd rd pick of Smith? That was my basis for this conversation. I do not think Young as a Qb would be worth a top 5 pick. Top 15 maybe. I do not see him being successful at the next level as a Qb. Nor do I see Smith being successful as a Qb in the NFL. Yes Brad can't seem to judge the long ball very well...although when he had an NFL caliber Wr in Gage...he did better. He has had some poor receivers so some of it is on them.

It would be interesting to see how some of these running QB's have fared in the NFL. I remember Michael Bishop being drafted. But drawing a blank on others similar to Ranall-El and Kordell Stewart.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
It would be interesting to see how some of these running QB's have fared in the NFL. I remember Michael Bishop being drafted. But drawing a blank on others similar to Ranall-El and Kordell Stewart.

Jamaal Lord, but he switched to S. Eric Crouch and Matt Jones also.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Rats said:
So you would consider picking Young as a Top 5 Qb? Versus a 2nd rd pick of Smith? That was my basis for this conversation. I do not think Young as a Qb would be worth a top 5 pick. Top 15 maybe. I do not see him being successful at the next level as a Qb. Nor do I see Smith being successful as a Qb in the NFL. Yes Brad can't seem to judge the long ball very well...although when he had an NFL caliber Wr in Gage...he did better. He has had some poor receivers so some of it is on them.

I don't know rats. Young is slowing changing the perception about his possibilities as a QB at the next level. His stock is rising.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player