Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Maybe VY was upset that Pacman wasn't there. :D

Not suprising though.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All because the guy was talking trash and did an upside down Hook Em Horns sign, lol. Grow up, Vince, seriously. Sounds like he took the bait, hook line and sinker. Regardless of what was said, he's got bigger fish to fry than this dude at a strip club.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He should just stick to sausage fests.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 356

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This just makes me sad.

It wasn't too long ago that VY was benched and came back to be a legit starter (he beat Leinart on that late pass). And then when McNair was killed he took Steve's kids to the school father-son pancake breakfast when they did not have a father.

Very disappointing.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
that's why you shouldn't do the upside down horns sign at vince. ask USC how that worked out? they have still yet to pick themselves off the canvass.

on a serious note, this is disappointing if it is true. I thought this is something joey porter would do.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
#55 is saving his anger for 12-25-10 to give Romo his lump of coal. :D
we will see...hopefully dallas will have earned homefield by then. here's holding out hope lol!

VY needs to control his emotions better.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Video from the club surveillance camera. VY is in the white shirt.

What an idiot. The Wonderlic doesn't lie.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Its really too bad. I had heard the story about him trying to be a father like figure for McNair's kids after he was killed and I thought....hey this might be the point this kid starts to mature (I feel comfortable referring to him as a kid cause I am 3 years older :D ). But its just too bad, if he could mature a bit and learn to play to his strengths and not try to be Tom Brady he could be a QB that could lead a team to the playoffs consistently. Instead I see him toiling in constant little battles like this where he just can't seem to mature enough. Hope I am wrong cause I always root for these guys that get thrown into the limelight at a young age, that if they don't get it on their first shot they figure some things out and make a comeback (kinda like Cedric Benson so far).

Hopefully Leinart is able to do a good job of realizing what he is capable of and Whiz does a good job of calling plays that allow him to only do things he is good at and gain enough confidence to lead this team to 10+ victories. Cause there have been far less talented and dumber quarterbacks win 10+ games and lead their team to SBs (Grossman and Dilfer just to name a couple off the top of my head). Just gonna be a question of if he can set his ego aside and realize he can't sling it around like the Warner/Favre/Brady/Manning/Rothlisberger/Schaub types, but can lead a team and complete a high % and not turn it over like the Pennington/Delhome(prior to 2009)/Hasselbeck(prior to 2008)/Garcia types.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We keep going at this pace, we're going to be out of starting QBs in the NFL!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should get at least 4 games. AWESOME!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Video from the club surveillance camera. VY is in the white shirt.

What an idiot. The Wonderlic doesn't lie.

WOW! Seriously, WOW. Look at the poor woman who almost gets caught in the middle of this. Vince Young is going to get his butt sued off by someone as well. Lucky, he didn't get cracked upside his head with a baton.

That will never, ever go away. That video is going to create circus.

If there is anyone that watches The Boondocks, they have a name for this.....A moment where ignorance overwhelms the logic of an otherwise rational thinking human being.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its really too bad. I had heard the story about him trying to be a father like figure for McNair's kids after he was killed and I thought....hey this might be the point this kid starts to mature (I feel comfortable referring to him as a kid cause I am 3 years older :D ). But its just too bad, if he could mature a bit and learn to play to his strengths and not try to be Tom Brady he could be a QB that could lead a team to the playoffs consistently. Instead I see him toiling in constant little battles like this where he just can't seem to mature enough. Hope I am wrong cause I always root for these guys that get thrown into the limelight at a young age, that if they don't get it on their first shot they figure some things out and make a comeback (kinda like Cedric Benson so far).

Hopefully Leinart is able to do a good job of realizing what he is capable of and Whiz does a good job of calling plays that allow him to only do things he is good at and gain enough confidence to lead this team to 10+ victories. Cause there have been far less talented and dumber quarterbacks win 10+ games and lead their team to SBs (Grossman and Dilfer just to name a couple off the top of my head). Just gonna be a question of if he can set his ego aside and realize he can't sling it around like the Warner/Favre/Brady/Manning/Rothlisberger/Schaub types, but can lead a team and complete a high % and not turn it over like the Pennington/Delhome(prior to 2009)/Hasselbeck(prior to 2008)/Garcia types.

I somewhat agree, but I think the problem has more to do with a lack of brainpower than overall maturity. Young is a supremely dumb individual. Dilfer and Grossman are far from scientists, but to trying and equate them to VY is a reach IMO. Vince can hardly talk. It amazes me that GMs couldn't just see him and Jamarcus Russell in interviews and see this, it was plain as day.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I somewhat agree, but I think the problem has more to do with a lack of brainpower than overall maturity. Young is a supremely dumb individual. Dilfer and Grossman are far from scientists, but to trying and equate them to VY is a reach IMO. Vince can hardly talk. It amazes me that GMs couldn't just see him and Jamarcus Russell in interviews and see this, it was plain as day.
the problem was they had the tape from the rose bowl....that makes up for anything else. just like in high school...the best football jock can be the dumbest...even ugliest guy on campus...but if he is a prospect he is the most beloved kid in the school.

This was a stupid mistake by vince, but it is not the end of the world. He can get past this if he gets his act together. he didn't shoot anyone or provide alcohol to underage chicks. I don't think this was a premeditated offense....nor was it a repeat offense so I don't think he'll even get suspended. However, he is now on the goodell crap list and the next issue will likely mean suspension. He needs to realize that he is a target and that people are going to provoke him in the future to try and get a reaction out of him. aside from that if you are a famous NFL player, nothing good can come from being a strip club at 3AM. Unfortunately that's just the way it goes.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think athletes should spend more time in strip clubs. I mean, what could possibly go wrong there. It's time for the Saturday Night Live crew to update the "bad idea jeans" commercial.

Steve

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think athletes should spend more time in strip clubs. I mean, what could possibly go wrong there. It's time for the Saturday Night Live crew to update the "bad idea jeans" commercial.

Steve
athletes are like most men that go to strip clubs...they want to be seen and socialize in a nice setting. however, they are treated like royalty because of their status. so it is even more appealing to the athlete to go as it would be for the normal man. The problem is they have a bullseye on their chest and are often sitting ducks for hecklers. You just need to stay out of there... but yeah that would be funny to see this on SNL. If you are vince though you don't want to pull a gilbert arenas and be the one reenacting the event. let the guy who played tiger woods do it for you.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Stip Clubs + Pro Athletes= Trouble...

Nothing like drunk rich people throwing money around like water to piss off drunk poor folks who can barely afford one lap dance. The envy is already there, why exacerbate it by flaunting?

Its time for Athletes and their onterages (BIM?) to pay for the traveling stripper to come to a location than to go to the club...

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse;2257453 Its time for Athletes and their onterages (BIM?) to pay for the traveling stripper to come to a location than to go to the club...[/QUOTE said:
Didn't the Cowpies use to do that with the "White House"? Didnt work out to well for them either.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid? Yes?
Suspension-worthy? Yes.
Big deal on a career-breaking scale? I don't think so...or, at least, I don't think it should be.

So he got in a fight. It happens. He didn't pull a gun or a knife. He didn't rape anyone. He didn't hit a woman. He didn't drive drunk.

We, as fans and a society, need to stop putting these athletes on a pedestal. They're kids. Kids make bad choices, especially when they have the money to buy their way out of most of them.

As for Young himself, I think this could be a blow to his psyche. That's a shame, because as has been mentioned, he seemed to be back on the track to having one helluva career.

JMHO

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
We, as fans and a society, need to stop putting these athletes on a pedestal. They're kids. Kids make bad choices, especially when they have the money to buy their way out of most of them.

Why ?

They make big money, are on TV, etc., etc. If they don't want to be looked at as role models then don't go to the NFL. You are a sports figure, you are a role model, and you don't get to make the choice regardless of what Charles "I am a huge jerk and horrible person" Barkley says about it. Comes with the job and they are paid well for it. If they don't want to draw extra/bad attention to themselves then they should shut their mouths, do their job, and keep out of trouble.

Vince Young has no one to blame but himself.

They make six-figures and play football for a living. I have no sympathy for thier plight. Seriously, the guy is going to get some bad press, and a slap on the wrist while continuing to recieve MASSIVE amounts of money, while the normal man in this situation would be in jail, and probably lose his job.

We as fans should hold these atheletes on an even higher pedestal, and force these players to act like role models. It is not like the world has an abundance of heros, and role models to look up to.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why ?

We as fans should hold these atheletes on an even higher pedestal, and force these players to act like role models.
Why? Because that's lazy parenting.

Why in the world would we encourage professional athletes to be our childrens' role models when they've failed in spectacular fashion time and time again? These guys are kids themselves and are not qualified to be role models.

JMHO