USA vs. Costa Rica World Cup Qualifier today at 4:30pm Espn2

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
USA vs. Costa Rica World Cup Qualifier today at 4:30pm Espn2

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (June 3, 2005) - It's just over 24 hours to kickoff as the U.S. resumes its 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign, playing their second home match of the final round hexagonal against Costa Rica this Saturday in Salt Lake City, Utah. U.S. Manager Bruce Arena will put the team through one final session on the newly installed turf at Rice-Eccles Stadium before finalizing the roster. Kickoff for the crucial qualifier is set for 5:30 p.m. MT, and the match will be broadcast live on ESPN2. Fans can also follow the match live on ussoccer.com's MatchTracker, presented by Philips Electronics.

With two upcoming qualifiers fast approaching, U.S. MNT forward Josh Wolff produced a spirited 90-minute performance against England to show just why he's in the National Team mix.

:band:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Gorilla said:
Go USA!!! Beat the crap out of Costa Rica!!! We will try to do the same to Mexico!!! Go Guatemala!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it being played in Guatemala?

Oh, when (I guess I really should say if) we beat the crap out of CR, I would LOVE if I see that Guatemala destroyed Mexico!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha!

I mean, I'd run out, get drunk, hook up with the first chick I saw, run around town naked with a lampshade on, and do a jig on the lawn of the local college.

Oh wait, I'm going to do that anyway :D

Stout

Reaction score
Good win. Played spotty in parts, especially to open the second half, and that needs to stop NOW. Finishing definitely needs to get better too, but I'll take a 3-0 WC Qualifying win any day.

Now, if Guatemala can hold Mexico to two goals, we can be tied on GD. Or if Guatemala can hold them and pull one back, we'll be in first on GD.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This just proves that we are the class of ou region. Mexico may be better than us on their own turf but we can beat them at home or on a neutral field.

Costa Rica isn't as good as they have been.

Beasley and Donovan played well. Aside from a couple of good plays McBride was a non-factor(still think he should come off the bench rather than start--you just can't get 70+ good minutes from him). Ralston isn't ready to start(yet). Kasey Keller was the man of the match.

Stout

Reaction score
Zeno said:
This just proves that we are the class of ou region. Mexico may be better than us on their own turf but we can beat them at home or on a neutral field.

Costa Rica isn't as good as they have been.

Beasley and Donovan played well. Aside from a couple of good plays McBride was a non-factor(still think he should come off the bench rather than start--you just can't get 70+ good minutes from him). Ralston isn't ready to start(yet). Kasey Keller was the man of the match.

Unfortunately, Johnson couldn't play. Turf toe, I believe. Otherwise, McBride comes off the bench, IMO. We DESPERATELY need our midfielders back. O'Brien and Reyna (though he's getting long in the tooth) will give the midfield a much more stable presence.

And Keller is just an INSANE keeper. Um, WOW.

Gorilla

Booooya!!!
Reaction score
Well, as expected, we lost. The game could of ended 0 0.... but our goalie had a critical mistake and then the second goal was an own goal....damn! Anyway, we know that this practically is a race between four teams for the third spot, Mexico and USA are a lock for the WC. The game on wednesday in CR will be crucial for our chances. Now I hope you beat Trinidad.

Stout

Reaction score
Gorilla said:
Well, as expected, we lost. The game could of ended 0 0.... but our goalie had a critical mistake and then the second goal was an own goal....damn! Anyway, we know that this practically is a race between four teams for the third spot, Mexico and USA are a lock for the WC. The game on wednesday in CR will be crucial for our chances. Now I hope you beat Trinidad.

Even if you guys don't make third, you still enter a playoff in the fourth spot. Currently, you'd be playing the winner of a Bahrain/Kuwait playoff, so that shouldn't be too bad.

Gorilla

Booooya!!!
Reaction score
The thing is we really dislike CR.....We have this rivalry going on that goes way beyond the soccer field. So we would really like to classify third and leave CR fourth or even out of it.