USA Basketball team to be announced tomorrow

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fifteen players arrived Thursday at Wynn Las Vegas, and USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo said nine of them already can begin packing their rain gear for London: Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, Tyson Chandler and Kevin Love.

That leaves six players - Blake Griffin, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, James Harden, Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis - competing for the final three spots.
Read more here from Las Vegas Review Journal

I hope Griffin and Harden make the cut. From the article the 3 cut are "on-call" in case anyone is unable to play before the 7/27 final deadline.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
"Colangelo said while Davis' sprained left ankle is not 100 percent, he was able to provide the coaches with an opportunity to see some of his skills, and he remains in the running for one of the final roster spots."

Even though they have used smaller, quicker players in the past it would be nice to have some size to backup Chandler.

OP
OP
jw7

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unconfirmed. Leak says Griffin, Iguodala and Harden made the team.

Link

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler seems to be the on the true center on the roster. It appears team really went for talent and mostly passed on the beef. They could be sorry.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler seems to be the on the true center on the roster. It appears team really went for talent and mostly passed on the beef. They could be sorry.

they didn't really have a choice. Howard, Bynum, Bosh, Amare all pulled out due to injuries. there really wasn't much to pick from big man wise.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I read a report that Gordon didn't make it. There's a lot of competition at the swing position. If the Suns did get him, I'd prefer him not to play and rest his knees.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I read that Spain is the main competition because of the gasol brothers. If those guys were qmerican they wouldnt even make the team, hence, there should be no competition...yet apparently there is. Im sure they will have relatively close games with teams that have zero talent or athleticism. I cant figure out why this is because team USA is acrually made up of pretty unselfish players. Sometimes i think its just way too much talent on the court at once. I think they should just send the NBA champion to the olympics every time. I bet they would do much better because of their chemistry.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I read that Spain is the main competition because of the gasol brothers. If those guys were qmerican they wouldnt even make the team, hence, there should be no competition.

What? Either Gasol brother would make the American team easily. Have you looked at the U.S. bigs?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good thing Gordon didn't make it, no need to risk him getting injured.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Couldn't find it on the Internet, but does anyone know if Gortat is playing for Poland in the Olympics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn't find it on the Internet, but does anyone know if Gortat is playing for Poland in the Olympics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would guess that Poland failed to qualify.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would guess that Poland failed to qualify.

Safe assumption, I double checked and you are correct. Slovenia also just missed out on on being able to compete for the qualifying round, though had the UK not had an automatic bid they likely would have been in.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
haha on msn,

team usa jersey's were outsourced to china lmao

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard