US Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase in Phoenix

Peter C

Reaction score
The US Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase will return to Reach 11 in Phoenix from Dec 3-7. This tourney features all of the development academy U-18 and U-16 teams.

The program has recently produced MLS Rookie of the Year Andy Najar, Bill Hamid, Roberto Luna and others.

The new RSL-Arizona program, led by former MLS'er Greg Vanney will be be on hand.

It's also an opportunity to see the USMNT U-17's participate in a round robin with Turkey, Korea Republic and Brasil.

This event is attended by many college and pro scouts and is free to the public.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
That is something I would love to see. Yet another reason I wish I was in AZ.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
right on - didn't realize it was all those games going on and I didn't see the highlighted games at first blush

also didn't realize that REACH field was out here ... 2425 E. Deer Valley Road (near cave creek & deer valley)

could be worth driving out for

here is more info on the whole deal

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Develo...se-and-Nike-International-Friendlies-Set.aspx

The 2010 Development Academy Winter Showcase and Nike International Friendlies will be held from Dec. 1-7 at the Reach 11 Sports Complex in Phoenix, Ariz. All 78 Academy clubs will be on hand for three games of non-Conference play alongside the Under-17 Men’s National Teams from the U.S., Brazil, Korea Republic and Turkey.

Fox Soccer Channel will televise all three of the U.S. U-17 MNT games, starting with the match against Korea Republic on Dec. 1, Brazil on Dec. 3 and Turkey on Dec. 5, with all three games kicking off at 5 p.m. local time (7 p.m. ET). For the first time, the six-game round-robin event will be played as a tournament and crown a champion.

OP
OP
P

Peter C

Reaction score
right on - didn't realize it was all those games going on and I didn't see the highlighted games at first blush

also didn't realize that REACH field was out here ... 2425 E. Deer Valley Road (near cave creek & deer valley)

It's one of the facilities that hosted many MLS preseason matches last year and I expect will do so again this year.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah - looks like a nice complex from the google arial .... similar to the soccer center in blaine, MN

OP
OP
P

Peter C

Reaction score
US Development Academy Winter Showcase and Nike Internationals

The U-17 Nike Internationals got underway at Reach 11 today.

Brasil and Turkey played a scoreless draw in a very tough and entertaining match. That was followed by the US defeating the Korea Republic 2-1.

Here are some pics from the day.

The Academy matches get underway on Friday at 9am with another pair of internationals beginning at 2pm. The US plays at 5pm.

On Saturday, I'll be seeking out the RSL-AZ matches to get an up close look at some of Arizona's best young players.

Hope to see you there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard