UPDATE: What if Houston shocks everybody !?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone assumes the Texans will take a QB at 2. What if they take Anderson instead and use the 12th pick and some of the extra picks they have over the next two years to trade up for a QB?

Ryan’s is their new coach and maybe a stud pass rusher is more prudent for them considering there is not really a true consensus on the best QB in the draft.

Would you consider trading all the way down to 12 with Anderson gone?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmm, I might just stay put and take Jalen Carter. At least Seattle would get neither player in that scenario.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Extremely low odds but if that's the case then there are 3 QB's available at #3 and it widens the potential pool of teams wanting to trade up.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would certainly expect the Texans to do to the Cardinals exactly what we're expecting the Cardinals to do to the Colts... call when they're on the clock and try to convince the Cardinals that they have such ridiculously strong offers to trade back, that they'd be willing to take a chance on missing out on their desired QB at #2. But they'd consider taking a smaller haul from the Cardinals, say 3rd round picks this year and next, to move back one spot and be sure of getting their QB.

...dave

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that happens either QBs Stroud or Young would be available and there would be a run from many teams for our pick. Cards could get a boat load of draft picks. That would be great as we need them.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Texans have decent odds to take Anderson. Then they could go with Hendon Hooker in the second.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would certainly expect the Texans to do to the Cardinals exactly what we're expecting the Cardinals to do to the Colts... call when they're on the clock and try to convince the Cardinals that they have such ridiculously strong offers to trade back, that they'd be willing to take a chance on missing out on their desired QB at #2. But they'd consider taking a smaller haul from the Cardinals, say 3rd round picks this year and next, to move back one spot and be sure of getting their QB.

...dave
Eh that tactic works on QB-starved teams. Doesn’t really seem to be a legit tactic for other targets.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In that rare situation, yeah, you take the haul. There's not another player screaming to be picked at #3. Stay far, far away from Carter, please. The bust potential is huge.

Totally agree. Sell to the highest bidder!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Kiper yesterday said Anderson doesn’t have the burst or bend of an elite pass rusher but has elite motor/character. I think he goes closer to 5 than 1.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kiper yesterday said Anderson doesn’t have the burst or bend of an elite pass rusher but has elite motor/character. I think he goes closer to 5 than 1.
If he can still give you 10 sacks and and qb hurries, then it’s worth the pick IMO