UofA Hoops 2021-2022 - Ushering In the Tommy Lloyd Era

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I really don’t think terry goes. Isn’t koloko a senior? If not he may want to return as he ended his season with an embarrassing thud.

Super sophomore, and if he gets a first-round grade, which is possible, he should leave.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Super sophomore, and if he gets a first-round grade, which is possible, he should leave.
Hmm he’s an interesting one then. Because he’s younger than I expected. And he made such a leap from last year that if he made a similar leap this year, like Terry, he could be looking at lottery. I thought he was older.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see if UA goes after Kenny Lofton's kid, Kenneth Lofton Jr who's in the transfer portal from LA Tech. He's a kid who you look at him and say there's no way that kid can play, 6'7" 275 and looks shorter and heavier but averaged a double double this year and was one of the stars on the USA U19 team last year.

One of those bigs who just has a way to get position and get his shot off against bigger players. At his size he may not fit the uptempo style UA played this year but obviously his dad played there.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Interesting to see if UA goes after Kenny Lofton's kid, Kenneth Lofton Jr who's in the transfer portal from LA Tech. He's a kid who you look at him and say there's no way that kid can play, 6'7" 275 and looks shorter and heavier but averaged a double double this year and was one of the stars on the USA U19 team last year.

One of those bigs who just has a way to get position and get his shot off against bigger players. At his size he may not fit the uptempo style UA played this year but obviously his dad played there.
I don't put a lot of stock in legacies these days. Kids seem to want to make their own marks. But as you mentioned UA isn't known to have reached out to him and style of play may not be a fit. I'm sure Lloyd would love to have him because he needs to land some transfers to reload next year's squad.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, tell me what you all think of Dalen Terry? Draft night, someone said he has a similar skill set to Lonzo and that would make sense since Lonzo is always hurt and the Bulls sucked without him!!

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Alright, tell me what you all think of Dalen Terry? Draft night, someone said he has a similar skill set to Lonzo and that would make sense since Lonzo is always hurt and the Bulls sucked without him!!
Most potential out of all Wildcats picked. Jack of all trades. Great kid. Hard worker. Athletic. CAn defend the perimeter well. Can facilitate an offense. Needs to develop a more consistent jumper to really get his game to the next level.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Most potential out of all Wildcats picked. Jack of all trades. Great kid. Hard worker. Athletic. CAn defend the perimeter well. Can facilitate an offense. Needs to develop a more consistent jumper to really get his game to the next level.
I’m not sure I’d agree with “most” as I think Mathurin is going to be terrific in the nba. But terry has terrific upside. I don’t think I’d compare him to lomzo though . . .

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’m not sure I’d agree with “most” as I think Mathurin is going to be terrific in the nba. But terry has terrific upside. I don’t think I’d compare him to lomzo though . . .
Concern with Mathurin is that he oftentimes checks out on defense. Tommy has had to bench him in crunch time because he was dogging it. I'm high on Mathurin, but I'm concerned about his defensive prowess in the NBA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Concern with Mathurin is that he oftentimes checks out on defense. Tommy has had to bench him in crunch time because he was dogging it. I'm high on Mathurin, but I'm concerned about his defensive prowess in the NBA.
He’s got the tools. Just has to be unlocked by coaches. You see periods where it shows up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose