Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz is remarkable to watch. Glad he is a Card for life.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Slow motion doesn't do the diving one justice. Skelton threw that ball so hard so it doesn't show the real degree of difficulty, one of the best catches I've ever seen.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
While they were reviewing the OT catch the whole crowd was chanting "LARRY!" and as they offense was coming up to the line, Skelton had to gesture to the crowd to stop cheering because it was too loud for the offense.

He really just made spectacular play after spectacular play yesterday.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Doesn't look to me like those throws were where they needed to be to avoid the defender.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
It's too bad most of the country didn't get to see this game, because I'd venture to say that it may have been Fitz's best ever.

Several Spectacular catches. He was truly amazing, and the reason we won the game.

Go Cards!!!

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Anyone see the great catch in OT during last nights Sugar Bowl? Pity they called it back.

OP
OP
SeattleCard

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
because I'd venture to say that it may have been Fitz's best ever.

I agree, I would say the same thing. Catch-wise it was just a clinic. Amazing to watch, made me even more thankful he belongs to AZ.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald is to catching the football, as Barry Sanders was running it.

Yeah, there may be players with better numbers, or more "traditional" great skills, but no one, and I mean NO ONE does it like Larry does it.

Just unreal, every week.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It's too bad most of the country didn't get to see this game, because I'd venture to say that it may have been Fitz's best ever.

Several Spectacular catches. He was truly amazing, and the reason we won the game.

Go Cards!!!

My wife and I debated this last night.

She thinks it was the best she has seen from him, and I think the catch below was the best.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So side question anybody else surprised the Cards let Fitz stay in now that we know he was coughing up blood during the game?

No playoff implications. I know he's a gamer and all that but seems like a bit of an unnecessary risk. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the NFL asked about given the recent stuff with Colt McCoy.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Here's another side question.

How would you feel if you were the Raiders, who let Fitz fall to us so they could grab Robert Gallery with the number 2 pick? (Number 1 was Eli Manning)

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I debated this last night.

She thinks it was the best she has seen from him, and I think the catch below was the best.

I like the one in the Falcons (game before it) better because the defenders were in better position. It's a game of inches and Fitz has at least 2" on everyone else.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here's another side question.

How would you feel if you were the Raiders, who let Fitz fall to us so they could grab Robert Gallery with the number 2 pick? (Number 1 was Eli Manning)
(What happened to the front-page writer? I miss that!)

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Even if Denny Green did nothing else right while he was here you have to give him credit for drafting Fitz.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Slow motion doesn't do the diving one justice. Skelton threw that ball so hard so it doesn't show the real degree of difficulty, one of the best catches I've ever seen.

I would agree with that BigDavis. The speed on the ball made that double hard to catch with one hand while diving. His hands must be huge. From what I read he practices like he plays on game day. That is all out. He makes these great catches on a regular basis not just every now and then.

I was watching Skelton being evaluated on some football high tech show. They measured his speed of his throws and they were between 60-70 mph. I could never throw a baseball that fast. He also throws a great spiral. They measured the revolutions on his throws and they were extremely high. I do not recall the number. Overall the lab gave him one of the highest ratings they can give including accuracy. Of course this was not under game conditions. They did use real guys rushing him during the various test. I had never seen this battery of test and assume the NFL use them for all potential QBs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave