Unable to use any formatting options on posts

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All my options such as bold, italics and smileys are greyed out and I am unable to use them.

When I hover over them the name appears but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to correct it?

Thanks

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Test

They look kinda greyed out to me, but I could still use them.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI - he is using an iPhone. They do looked grayed out but I can still use them as well. But I don't use an iPhone so maybe someone else can chime in?

Testing this.

OP
OP
AZ Native

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
FYI - he is using an iPhone. They do looked grayed out but I can still use them as well. But I don't use an iPhone so maybe someone else can chime in?

Testing this.
They are also greyed out and will not open on my Macbook too. They used to work fine but not now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since we are talking about options related to posts.

On the Everything Else forum, "Things you’re missing on Twitter," for some reason I am no longer able to edit or delete a post.

It's only on that forum where the problem occurs.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Check the toggle BBCode button on the right side. Screen shot below. When in BBCode mode none of the other formatting buttons work, drag and drop for images doesn't work, etc. It's meant to be a text only entry mode where you're writing the formatting tags around the text.

You must be registered for see images attach

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Check the toggle BBCode button on the right side. Screen shot below. When in BBCode mode none of the other formatting buttons work, drag and drop for images doesn't work, etc. It's meant to be a text only entry mode where you're writing the formatting tags around the text.

You must be registered for see images attach
I've had that issue for a long time and it fixed for mine as well

Found the toggle on one of the 3 dot options

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue but was too embarrassed to ask about it. As usual, I thought it was just my ineptitude.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I had the same issue but was too embarrassed to ask about it. As usual, I thought it was just my ineptitude.
No need to be embarrassed. These things can get tricky and aren't always intuitive. Some of us know this stuff way too well from building similar systems and can easily lend a hand when needed.

See @Shane, this is why you keep us nerds around. Forum support plus better Top Gun sound. ;)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that in Chrome, the buttons still work. However, clicking in the middle of the button doesn't work. You have to click towards the bottom of the button. Like 80 or 90% of the bottom of the button. It is a little annoying. I have been using the shortcuts CTRL +B or CTRL + I for so long, that I typically don't use them anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose