Uh Oh... Falcons fans are mad at Antrel and Dockett

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Antrel wouldn't have been able to do it if the handoff wasn't fumbled and someone had stopped him getting into the end zone. :)

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ditto. It's the least they deserved after dissing the Cards all week.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
i like how the posters over there are all saying the Cards will get killed next week. Um, what are the Falcons doing next week? Maybe, preparing for the draft?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
i like how the posters over there are all saying the Cards will get killed next week. Um, what are the Falcons doing next week? Maybe, preparing for the draft?

I read this board last night. These are some of the least classy fans I've ever encountered. Give some frickin' credit where credit is due or discuss where your mishaps occurred. Saying we got lucky is a mistake. Saying we are going to get killed next week only makes the Falcons look even more inferior. If anyone in Atlanta had an ounce of intelligence, they would have the mindset that the further the Cards go in the playoffs, the better it looks for the Falcons

Redleg

Reaction score
I proudly wore cardinals gear at work all week here in Atlanta. Smiled all day as the local crowd piled it on and told them all to "FEAR THE RED BIRD!".

Monday will be a blessing as I sport my Fitzgerald jersey in front of 900 losers.

Sweet revenge.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I proudly wore cardinals gear at work all week here in Atlanta. Smiled all day as the local crowd piled it on and told them all to "FEAR THE RED BIRD!".

Monday will be a blessing as I sport my Fitzgerald jersey in front of 900 losers.

Sweet revenge.

Bless you! :cheers:

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I've got to say, I hated those celebrations. Antrel's reminded me of Leon Lett getting stripped of the ball, and Dockett's was absolutely boneheaded and really took a lot of the benefit that you are supposed to get from a safety but putting us in terrible field position. The looked like players that don't know how to win. We won in spite of that BS but if anyone thinks we are the worldbeaters that can afford those types of luxuries you are crazy. Both those guys need to learn how to succeed as a team. Both celebrations were saying "screw the team, this is about me" Hopefully Whisenhunt won't let that stuff go.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've got to say, I hated those celebrations. Antrel's reminded me of Leon Lett getting stripped of the ball, and Dockett's was absolutely boneheaded and really took a lot of the benefit that you are supposed to get from a safety but putting us in terrible field position. The looked like players that don't know how to win.

:yeahthat:

I think the Cards should be the first NFL team to have a Celebrations Coach.
What you can get away with that won't get flagged and shows the player(s) enthusiasm for the team and their accomplishment without being childish or self centered.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
That play by Antrel and Dockett was huge, it struck a knife into the Falcon's when they thought they had the Cards on the ropes. Besides, you're supposed to celebrate when exciting things happen in life. :)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards don't get a safety all season but they do it in the playoffs against one of the most highly regarded offensive lines. Celebrate boys!

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That play by Antrel and Dockett was huge, it struck a knife into the Falcon's when they thought they had the Cards on the ropes. Besides, you're supposed to celebrate when exciting things happen in life. :)

As important play as any in the game. Why stick a knife in and then immediately treat the wound by getting a stupid penalty?

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I've got to say, I hated those celebrations. Antrel's reminded me of Leon Lett getting stripped of the ball, and Dockett's was absolutely boneheaded and really took a lot of the benefit that you are supposed to get from a safety but putting us in terrible field position. The looked like players that don't know how to win. We won in spite of that BS but if anyone thinks we are the worldbeaters that can afford those types of luxuries you are crazy. Both those guys need to learn how to succeed as a team. Both celebrations were saying "screw the team, this is about me" Hopefully Whisenhunt won't let that stuff go.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn't agree more.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
As important play as any in the game. Why stick a knife in and then immediately treat the wound by getting a stupid penalty?

Because this is the first opportunity we've had to do so since 1947, I say, celebrate. Now saying that, no more celebration penaltie for another 62 years.
You must be registered for see images

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sweet revenge.

Come back and tell us how it goes

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
I have no problem with this team getting fired up. When they play with passion they are exciting. Don't look at it as getting a penalty but as scoring and getting the ball back. The offense still had good field position. Add in the satisfaction of earning a safety again after being cheated out of the first one.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Don't agree at all.They were clebrating with their teammates. It's not like Rolle pulled a Terrell Owens and ran out to mid-field. Plus Rolle,unlike Leon, SCORED befored he celebrated.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
The Cards played with no emotion against the Vikings and Patriots. I love that they are getting their mojo back.

Yes, but seasoned winners save the excessive celebrating until after earning the victory.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I love browsing around other teams' message boards, especially after a devastating loss. It was fun going into Cowboys Zone after their meltdown last week against the Eagles and it will be fun reading the Falcons board this week.

I will give them credit though, their game thread was 186 pages long and had 3,710 replies. Pretty impressive. You would think with that passionate of a fanbase they would figure out a way to get more of them to travel to the game to support their team, like the Cowboys and Vikings do.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I totally despise most endzone celebrations, but I thought the bronco thing was FREAKING HILARIOUS!!

Crash

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah we were lucky that we held the 2nd best running team to 60 freaking yards. Yup that's "lucky".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave