Tucker back to D-League

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns announced they are sending Tucker back to the D-League on Monday... this means that we have another roster spot to fill. Interesting...

Do you think this is more about Tucker, or rather to make room for somebody else?

The Suns still have an active 12 man roster plus Tucker (the 13th player) in the DL. So unless something happened that I do not know about, the Suns have their minimum number of 13 players.

OP
OP
dbUNIT16

dbUNIT16

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't aware the D-League still counted towards the active roster. Thanks for the clarification.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They're saying that Tucker will stay down for a few games, then be brought back up, and as soon as that happens, Dragic will go down and take his place.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the active roster is always no more than 12. Those players who are not on the active roster are considered inactive.

OP
OP
dbUNIT16

dbUNIT16

Registered
Reaction score
I believe the active roster is always no more than 12. Those players who are not on the active roster are considered inactive.

Negative on that. That's why the Suns were forced to sign Dee Brown last week, they had to meet the minimum roster of 13.

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
He won't get any minutes now with our current roster. D-League is the right place for him to see some action to recover his form after injury.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Isn't it awesome that we went from a team with a reputation for drafting good players to a team that sells the young players oozing with talent and potential for seniors and other "old" rookies that "could play right away and help this team" that really never played either.

Smart management.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I wish Coach Porter would play more of the bench but maybe the D-League is just what Dragic needs. It would be sweet to see him, Tucker and the new guy (that came along with J-Rich) get some regular PT...

Tucker's really had some bad luck getting injured right when Leandro was away and Raja was playing poorly. He could have gotten a chance then.

Now I guess it don't matter if they're inactive or riding the pine. Nash is playing his usual minutes and J-Rich, Barnes, Hill and LB are soaking up the rest of the minutes at guard and small forward.

I guess it's a good thing to see the rotation guys starting to gel.

Shaq/Lopez
Amare
Hill
J-Rich
Nash
LB
Barnes
Amundson
Dragic
Jared Dudley
Tucker
Dee Brown

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic is not NBA ready and should be sent to the D-League. I would like to see Brown active and Tucker as well. I think if Tucker is going to make any progress he needs to start seeing regular playing time in the NBA.

He has already had really good stints in the D-League. Unfortunately, with our roster he is not going to break the rotation unless he becomes backup PG who can run this system.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i saw dragic play sparingly against the jazz, i think. the guy cant even make a pass with his right hand. i saw him get hung up in mid air with no where to go.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
i saw dragic play sparingly against the jazz, i think. the guy cant even make a pass with his right hand. i saw him get hung up in mid air with no where to go.

He was just trying to copy Barbosa so he can get his minutes. :D

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
There are several useful players who graduated from D-League, which is why it was set up. Sitting on the bench is not all that useful when there is little time to practice. Dragic wanted to stay in Europe for another year, but the game is so different a year in D-League should be a good step for him.

I'd like Tucker to get back into game shape. He did well in D-League last year and impressed in Summer League. His injury was sad because he looked like he might contribute, but is now starting over.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard