Trent Sherfield now a 49er

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Some here are freaking but truth be told, most Niner fans are probably thinking just a camp body. I like Sherfield as a solid WR and good special teams guy but he is no Hopkins or Metcalf or even AJ Green to tip the scale... if we do not make the playoffs, it won't be because of him :)

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rosen is on the Niners too and didn’t even play last year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Here is my issue with Trent Sherfield. You had a guy who was an UDFA, positive locker room guy, played very good special teams and could be a 5th WR. Why get rid of him when it only cost SF 920k to sign him? Why churn the roster when you don't need to? I like KeeSean Johnson but I can't say that he was any better of a WR and certainly was not as good on special teams. Andy Isabella has more athletic tools but is not clearly better.

Frustrating.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here is my issue with Trent Sherfield. You had a guy who was an UDFA, positive locker room guy, played very good special teams and could be a 5th WR. Why get rid of him when it only cost SF 920k to sign him? Why churn the roster when you don't need to? I like KeeSean Johnson but I can't say that he was any better of a WR and certainly was not as good on special teams. Andy Isabella has more athletic tools but is not clearly better.

Frustrating.
Sherfield had plenty of opportunities to show something as a WR and I think as borderline as Johnson has been, the team clearly thinks he's a better WR.

Isabella does have speed and it has been displayed a few times even though he has been a big disappointment.

I do understand that Sherfield was a good special teamer, but when a team looks at a receiver and the think he can't perform on the field at their primary position at all, they tend to let those guys walk.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sherfield had plenty of opportunities to show something as a WR and I think as borderline as Johnson has been, the team clearly thinks he's a better WR.

Isabella does have speed and it has been displayed a few times even though he has been a big disappointment.

I do understand that Sherfield was a good special teamer, but when a team looks at a receiver and the think he can't perform on the field at their primary position at all, they tend to let those guys walk.

And we drafted two CB's and a Safety who probably can do the job on Special team(s).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And we drafted two CB's and a Safety who probably can do the job on Special team(s).
"probably can" is not the same as "proven to be able to".

We had a guy who had proven he could be a 5th WR and was a proven solid special teams player. He was an UDFA success story. A home grown culture guy. Those players have value and they don't cost a lot to retain.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"probably can" is not the same as "proven to be able to".

We had a guy who had proven he could be a 5th WR and was a proven solid special teams player. He was an UDFA success story. A home grown culture guy. Those players have value and they don't cost a lot to retain.

No, it's not the same, but he's not a better 5th w/o than who we have available, and as said we "potentially" have as good or better athletic talent to handle his ST role.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What’s with the obsession with Trent lol
It’s like an ex girlfriend. You don’t want to see them happy with someone else and will always wonder what if it would’ve worked out. I’m this case he went to a division rival and by the reports is having a good camp. Stings a little more than if he had left the division

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s like an ex girlfriend. You don’t want to see them happy with someone else and will always wonder what if it would’ve worked out. I’m this case he went to a division rival and by the reports is having a good camp. Stings a little more than if he had left the division
Eh not really
Good STer, but I think pretty capped out at being a WR4. Not like it’s DJ Hump who has shown to be consistently good at his primary position

Just find it very weird, but Sooner loves to do this especially with the 9ers so I shouldn’t be shocked lol