Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
This was fun. Went as a Father's Day movie.

Saw the preview prior to a different movie and my son stated he really wanted to see it.

Haven't watched many off the transformer movies and probably would have missed this if it wasn't for him.

Set in 1994 with a killer soundtrack for those of us that grew up on NY hip hop.

Good action, comedy, etc. Bass that made the theater rattle.

Daughter loved it, son loved it and my wife and I enjoyed it.

It looks like it's still drawing here in the westside as well. Ended up at the night showing as earlier times didn't have much availability and we bought earlier in the week.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was fun. Went as a Father's Day movie.

Saw the preview prior to a different movie and my son stated he really wanted to see it.

Haven't watched many off the transformer movies and probably would have missed this if it wasn't for him.

Set in 1994 with a killer soundtrack for those of us that grew up on NY hip hop.

Good action, comedy, etc. Bass that made the theater rattle.

Daughter loved it, son loved it and my wife and I enjoyed it.

It looks like it's still drawing here in the westside as well. Ended up at the night showing as earlier times didn't have much availability and we bought earlier in the week.
Yea just finished this… While people mocked and laughed at it. I and apparently a couple others thought it was pretty darn good. Super entertaining and well done. The visuals were awesome. New players and characters. Wish I would have went in the theater now.

On a production budget of approx 200 million and made 430 million worldwide I’d say it’s still a resounding success in the franchise. Definitely not the bomb that a couple predicted.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea just finished this… While people mocked and laughed at it. I and apparently a couple others thought it was pretty darn good. Super entertaining and well done. The visuals were awesome. New players and characters. Wish I would have went in the theater now.

On a production budget of approx 200 million and made 430 million worldwide I’d say it’s still a resounding success in the franchise. Definitely not the bomb that a couple predicted.
430 on a 200 million dollar movie is a flop, Shane. Studio loses money there.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
430 on a 200 million dollar movie is a flop, Shane. Studio loses money there.
How is a studio losing money? Serious question I really don’t knows it isn’t even counting streaming revenue? Is distribution in digital across the world really costing more than 230 million? I’m not being snarky just seems like a huge # over cost to not be making money?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is a studio losing money? Serious question I really don’t knows it isn’t even counting streaming revenue? Is distribution in digital across the world really costing more than 230 million? I’m not being snarky just seems like a huge # over cost to not be making money?
1) Studios lose the lion share of foreign grosses which is where the movie overwhelmingly made its money.

2) Studios split domestic grosses with the theaters, at about 50%.

Another example: Fast X made 700 million on a 300 million dollar budget and it’s one of the biggest bombs of the summer.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1) Studios lose the lion share of foreign grosses which is where the movie overwhelmingly made its money.

2) Studios split domestic grosses with the theaters, at about 50%.

Another example: Fast X made 700 million on a 300 million dollar budget and it’s one of the biggest bombs of the summer.
Good to know thanks

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Good to know thanks
In addition to what Cheese said the budget number also doesn't include marketing and promotion which the classic estimate is 50% of production budget. So a $200m movie is really $300m all in. Then when you add in the box office splits it results in the movie having to do at least 3x of the production budget to break even. The higher the international vs domestic split the higher that multiplier runs.

Usually reshoots aren't include in the reported number either. I don't know how much there was for this but for a movie like Doctor Strange: MoM or Rise of Skywalker where we know there was massive reshoots it's an even worse hole to dig out of.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another loud clanky mess from the "Bayverse". I wish they would just let this franchise die already, give it a reboot sometime down the road with another team.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another loud clanky mess from the "Bayverse". I wish they would just let this franchise die already, give it a reboot sometime down the road with another team.
They probably could just take clippings from all the other movies and paste them into a new one that would make as much sense.

Last one I watched was the one where they drove from Egypt to Jordan over land in like an hour. I was out after that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson