Trading for QB Mike Glennon

Trading for Mike Glennon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
With durability and availability of Carson Palmer in question, would you trade for Mike Glennon of the Bucs, who the Cardinals apparently liked coming out of NC State 2 years ago?

poll coming

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, they tried to make a deal last spring. So wouldn't be surprised should they still have interest.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not for anything more than a 4th-5th

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I'd give a 4th, especially since it is a very low 4th.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd give a third.

I'm desperate. There is nothing else out there. I do not want to start next season with Stanton and I don't want Lindley in the state of Arizona.

Palmer-Glennon-Stanton would be a huge upgrade.

Glennon-Stanton and anybody else.( assuming Palmer can't return 100% )

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't want Stanton back as anything except maybe a #3

Not durable-not accurate-can't seem to look past his first read.

No thanks.

How dire is our situation, that Stanton coming back is actually viewed as a positve now?

LOL

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I would be ecstatic right now if Glennon was our QB, I mean like doing cartwheels and dancing on the roof drunk... with Lindley, I'm going to be on the roof drunk jumping off with my body looking like a broken cartwheel lol

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't want Stanton back as anything except maybe a #3

Not durable-not accurate-can't seem to look past his first read.

No thanks.

How dire is our situation, that Stanton coming back is actually viewed as a positve now?

LOL

Stanton would be too much $$$ as a third. I think that next season the Cards brain trust needs to come up with a bit better option. Just depends on how much BA is enamored with Drew.

Not sure if Glennon is the answer but I wouldn't be against bringing him in if the price wasn't too steep.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glennon was actually the best rookie QB in the NFL last year. He played really well completed 60% of his passes with 19TD and 9 INT for a rookie that's great.

This year he was benched before the season even started because for some ungodly reason Lovie Smith thinks Josh McCown is the answer. He wasn't hopefully they get the number 1 pick draft Mariotta and we can get Glennon in a steal. They've already tried to get him and I think SK gets his man this year

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Glennon was actually the best rookie QB in the NFL last year. He played really well completed 60% of his passes with 19TD and 9 INT for a rookie that's great.

This year he was benched before the season even started because for some ungodly reason Lovie Smith thinks Josh McCown is the answer. He wasn't hopefully they get the number 1 pick draft Mariotta and we can get Glennon in a steal. They've already tried to get him and I think SK gets his man this year
Yea, I don't understand Lovie's hesitation to go with Glennon and play McCown. Glennon has a higher comp. %, more yards/game, same amount of TD's(higher TD %), less INT's(lower INT %), and a higher passer rating. It doesn't make sense.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Yea, I don't understand Lovie's hesitation to go with Glennon and play McCown. Glennon has a higher comp. %, more yards/game, same amount of TD's(higher TD %), less INT's(lower INT %), and a higher passer rating. It doesn't make sense.

29/15 TD/int ratio...not bad for his first two years.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Well, they tried to make a deal last spring. So wouldn't be surprised should they still have interest.

If the Cards actually have interest in him, I think we should barrage the internet with rumors about him to lower any price tag that might be expected for him. Any kind of rumors would do: one leg is shorter than the other, he has been seen hanging out in gay bars, he is a serial killer, he is really a vampire, whatever.

Let's start tonight hitting all the gossip sites like TMZ.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If the Cards actually have interest in him, I think we should barrage the internet with rumors about him to lower any price tag that might be expected for him. Any kind of rumors would do: one leg is shorter than the other, he has been seen hanging out in gay bars, he is a serial killer, he is really a vampire, whatever.

Let's start tonight hitting all the gossip sites like TMZ.

Those rumors would not endanger his worth... now saying he is related to Lindley would make his value nosedive :)

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
Saw a story somewhere awhile back where TB said they have no interest in trading him and that they have dubbed him their QBOF. A lot can change in time but I have a feeling it will take much more than a 4 or 5 round pick to get him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Saw a story somewhere awhile back where TB said they have no interest in trading him and that they have dubbed him their QBOF. A lot can change in time but I have a feeling it will take much more than a 4 or 5 round pick to get him.
That's all going to change once they draft Winston or Mariota in round 1. They'd be stupid not to pick up an extra draft pick in this year's draft once that happens. McCown will hold the fort for about 3-4 game and cede the position the draftee. Glennon has no future in TB.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
That's all going to change once they draft Winston or Mariota in round 1. They'd be stupid not to pick up an extra draft pick in this year's draft once that happens. McCown will hold the fort for about 3-4 game and cede the position the draftee. Glennon has no future in TB.

Maybe...Mariotta and Winston are good college quarterbacks but their stock could drop prior to the draft. Stranger things have happened.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would trade our second round pick, kills two birds with one stone. Now we can go a full year without hearing about what a bust so and so will be.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards have had rare success hitting a home run with 3rd round picks, so hella yes 3rd round pick for a known commodity is better than a 3rd round crapshoot. We have seen the diminishing pool of Arians style pocket passers on the market. I suspect Glennon might require a bit more than a 3rd round. Maybe a 3rd and some incentive toss in piece of compensation. There will be competition for him IMO.

BTW, we have seen what QB one gets with a 4th rounder.

Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Cards have had rare success hitting a home run with 3rd round picks, so hella yes 3rd round pick for a known commodity is better than a 3rd round crapshoot. We have seen the diminishing pool of Arians style pocket passers on the market. I suspect Glennon might require a bit more than a 3rd round. Maybe a 3rd and some incentive toss in piece of compensation. There will be competition for him IMO.

BTW, we have seen what QB one gets with a 4th rounder.

There will be competition for Glennon. Last year six teams tried to trade for him.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
BA mentioned him a number of times before and after draft... he likes his skillset

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard